We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion: Island Paradise v0.9.5 + Autumn and Winter Add-On

iLLusion

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've already said on a previous page... :D

Island Paradise v0.9 will be available for download at 29.09.2010.! [/size]

I'll mention just few highlights... working uninstaller script, numerous texture tweaks, updated readme file with F.A.Q's, custom made weather config, low res textures that are used in distance... and so much more, that I can't even start to write them all! If you somehow missed out to check versions prior to this one, be sure to not make the same mistake again! :p

So... hold on just a lil bit. :) And thanks for the comment wagner. ;)

@nineo

Sorry, I don't have time to make that license plate right now.

@TheDuck38

Thanks. ;)

@Andreaz1

Check your PM. :)

@wagnerpsc

No problem. And oh, you can stop counting now cause...

Island Paradise v0.9 - Full Edition is RELEASED!

Lite Edition will come shortly in a few hours.

Island Paradise v0.9 - Full Edition is RELEASED!

I would like to say i'm very happy with the new mod, sadly i can not...:sulk:

There are some "things" that are not "as supposed to be".

1st some things are missing:

2mos0sz.jpg

As you can see from your pic, the butterflies are leafs again...

attachment.php?attachmentid=13918&d=1285767742

From my screenshot you can see that the pigeon is a pigeon and not the Rainbow Lorikeet. Also the map is black (I don't like that, its anoying to drive)

2th The picture above also shows the sun. I think its not right either, its way to bright and the sun rays are blocking your sight (in game its worse)

attachment.php?attachmentid=13919&stc=1&d=1285767751

3th the map is not working properly. An area is black while the rest is to bright, it looks realy ugly.

4th the uninstall script is not working properly. It crashes at the end (havent found the issue).

In short, for me the 0.8.9 works much better.

I'm really sorry...:( I do appreciate the effort! ;)

Maybe you can fix the problems and still call it 0.9.

Hmm... okay. Thanks for the (negative) feedback, I guess. :D

Most of the questions and these so called problems were already explained in a readme file. Please take your time, you know, to actually read it, before you decide to write a post. :p

I don't understand this whole confusion with that new GPS map. That's why we got two versions Full & Lite. And what part of TDU2 inspired map you failed to understand. You did saw TDU2 trailers? Read the FAQ about it inside a readme file?

Butterflies are there, I've just swapped them with a different sort of leafs, so that they don't show up throughout the game so often. If you open Birds.bnk, you'll see that all tropical birds textures are there, including Rainbow Lorikeet. :)

Sun is too bright? Well, for something that got temperature around 6000°C it gotta be. Ever drove a car in real life, facing directly toward the sun? You'll pretty much get the same effect. :p

Game crashes? It didn't crashed for my two testers, nor me. Kevin can run it, and so as edwin. Magic Map? Patch 1.68b? Uninstall doesn't work? Post your log so that I can exactly see where's the problem.

Sure, this project is still very much a work in progress and I can appreciate any feedback, don't get me wrong. I depend on that very own feedback to make Island Paradise better in next version(s). Maybe I've sounded a bit rude with this post, but that's only because this whole situation reminded me on that AFx16 thingy. :D

EDIT:

Uninstaller script fixed. Re-uploading IP v0.9 Full Edition and uploading Lite Edition.

Hmm... okay. Thanks for the (negative) feedback, I guess. :D

Most of the questions and these so called problems were already explained in a readme file. Please take your time, you know, to actually read it, before you decide to write a post. :p

I don't understand this whole confusion with that new GPS map. That's why we got two versions Full & Lite. And what part of TDU2 inspired map you failed to understand. You did saw TDU2 trailers? Read the FAQ about it inside a readme file?

Butterflies are there, I've just swapped them with a different sort of leafs, so that they don't show up throughout the game so often. If you open Birds.bnk, you'll see that all tropical birds textures are there, including Rainbow Lorikeet. :)

Sun is too bright? Well, for something that got temperature around 6000°C it gotta be. Ever drove a car in real life, facing directly toward the sun? You'll pretty much get the same effect. :p

Game crashes? It didn't crashed for my two testers, nor me. Kevin can run it, and so as edwin. Magic Map? Patch 1.68b? Uninstall doesn't work? Post your log so that I can exactly see where's the problem.

Sure, this project is still very much a work in progress and I can appreciate any feedback, don't get me wrong. I depend on that very own feedback to make Island Paradise better in next version(s). Maybe I've sounded a bit rude with this post, but that's only because this whole situation reminded me on that AFx16 thingy. :D

EDIT:

Uninstaller script fixed. Re-uploading IP v0.9 Full Edition and uploading Lite Edition.

I'm sorry about the negative feedback... But i'm sure we can use the feedback to our advantage!:thumbsup:

I'm still having feedback for you.

Thirst the leafs butterfly thing. You have used the wrong file, you should have used feuille2 for the butterflies. feuille is not usable becouse those leafs/butterflies only appear from a tree where you have crashed into (so its normally not visible)

Secondly the birds. The install files uses the birds.bnk. Within that file are the folowing birds:

attachment.php?attachmentid=13920&stc=1&d=1285781096attachment.php?attachmentid=13921&stc=1&d=1285781096attachment.php?attachmentid=13922&stc=1&d=1285781096attachment.php?attachmentid=13923&stc=1&d=1285781096attachment.php?attachmentid=13924&stc=1&d=1285781096

As you can see, thats not right. The 1st bird is ok. The 2nd should be the paradise bird. The 3th should be the same as the 1st. The 4th should be the lorakeet. The 5th bird is ok.

So in the above things, the whole problem is that you are using the bnk file in the install, witch contains the wrong data.

Than the sun thing. You are totally right about the real live situation. Only thing is that the real live situation is making people curse becouse of "the terrible sun shining in your eyes and blinding you". You recreated the same thing, so I hate it (I drive a lot :cool:).

The new gps map is very anoying becouse you only see the straats and have no orientation. A real live gps (tomtom) let u see more than just the roads. Besides the map is very ugly in partly black and partly overbright realmap. My advise would be to use the old map with the new gps cover.

Of course we can use the "light" version, but it would be much nicer to have a "good working" full version. What is the bother of the full version if (almost)nobody uses it?:confused:

Hope you will use (and read) this positively!:) I know it cost a lot of effort to make all of this, so you have my respect for it!:thumbsup:

It's really good, it truly is but is it possible that you can make a lite, lite one that doesn't come with the roads? I can get the 16xAA easy but the refresh rate on my monitor brings up the black road bug. I turn up the refresh rate and it goes away but then the quality collapses. I think you need at least 62Hz refresh rate to have it (or a higher resolution)

Well done though. It definitely converts the island into something magnificent.

@milos

Okay mate, enjoy. ;)

@nineo

Thanks. As for background color, okay, I'll try to experiment with different dark tones. I'll post some pics for comparison later on. ;)

@Austinmartindb9

Hmm, very strange. I've played on my 75Hz monitor and on my 50Hz TV and didn't noticed any difference in quality. I don't have in plan to include default roads in Lite Edition, but I can make separate patch which you can install and get your old roads back?

btw.

You've said 16xAA, is it a typo or? Cause you need to set your AF (anisotropic filtering) to 16, not your AA (anti-aliasing). :)

@wagnerpsc

Yes sir, you are correct. Lite Edition is without TDU2-like GPS map.

@edwin

Now this is what I call a feedback, thanks for the time you've lost writing it. :)

First and foremost, I'll have to apologize for Birds.bnk and feuille2.2db files. I was 100% sure I've included proper Birds file, but unfortunately, due to so many files, I got lost a bit and accidentally added a wrong file. Same goes for feuille2 and in a hurry I've thought it will better be as a feuille. Thanks for pointing that out, I really didn't know that it will show only when you crash in a tree. I'll fix that both of those problems during this day most probably.

At the moment, as you've probably noticed, weather got only one type - morning. I'll add more types in upcoming versions. Don't worry, other types won't have a sun that glows that much.

GPS map? Am I the only one that likes it? :D Oh well... too bad. :p

@all

Thank you for testing v0.9 version, reporting bugs and problems... It's still far from perfect, but with a helping community like this, I got no doubts that this project will be epic once we get to the v1.0! ;)

@Austinmartindb9

Hmm, very strange. I've played on my 75Hz monitor and on my 50Hz TV and didn't noticed any difference in quality. I don't have in plan to include default roads in Lite Edition, but I can make separate patch which you can install and get your old roads back?

Oops Typo. Yeah I meant AF. It must be my monitor. I can only get 1360x768 (19 inch) I remember plugging my PC into our TV (HD so 1920x1080) and there was no bug evident at 50 Hz as well. Oh well, I guess I should save up for a descent screen. But if you could do that patch, it would be awesome. Thanks so much :)