We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion: Island Paradise v0.9.5 + Autumn and Winter Add-On

iLLusion

I agree with the GPS map... Can anybody told me which files has to be replaced to restore only this?? Because I really love the entire rest of the mod... But Im still dont like the black map and gps...

Well the lite mod has everything that the full version has minus the GPS and new type of map so you would be better off with that.....

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really confusing for me to install. I dont think im the only one.

The readme says to get:

Rey's Magic Map

and Patch 1.68b

Rey's Magic Map

I get directed to the forum post on this site and there are multiple versions of this Magic Map. Under the text "this installer gives you a magic map, no matter which version you have (1.45a, 1.66a, megapack...)" there is a link that takes me to some french site where i download: TDU_MAGICMAP_1_0.rar

I installed this.

Patch 1.68b

I have my game patched to 1.66 and supposedly this can patch it to 1.68B I tell the mod installer to give me 1.68, New Resources, and 1.68 generate traffic.

I use Island Paradise v0.9.1 installer and select the Full Version

My game goes full screen, just black, and then shorty afterwards crashes.

Help me please guys :(

My name is Djey, not Rey :lol:

You seem to have done exactly what it is asked, except you need the Megapack to correctly install 1.68b patch. So your database is corrupted and game can't start.

The Megapack is not very expensive for what it brings to the game and can be bought online.

Well one more problem I've ran into, when I tried to uninstall, I get an error saying that the patch was not installed, contact... someone I can't remember the exact error, so I have to reinstall the game.

Anyway, the lite version has everything but the black GPS map?

Cheers!

EDIT:

The error fixed itself.

Thanks for answering that question Djey. He was probably confused with the style I wrote about 1.68b - It's recommended, but not neccesary, to update your TDU to 1.68b since it got so much goodies, if you haven't done that already. I'll add that Megapack is required prior to install of 1.68b in next update.

@Austinmartindb9

Not exactly. Lite lacks many features, it's not just GPS hud and map. :p

And in case that somebody else get error while uninstalling, please download uninstall.pch, copy-paste it into \iLLusion - Island Paradise v0.9.1\patchs\ and replace with the old one.

btw.

Starting from this day, the only thing I'm going to work on, is working on my own IP weather. I'll take a small break from those boring textures. :D So far, I've finished one weather type, sunny day with clouds, screenshots are coming in a couple of minutes. I'm especially proud on the fact that shadows are shown like they are in real life, cause let's face it, the way TDU renders them as totally black is wrong on so many levels. A picture speaks 1000 words, so you'll see it for yourself. Oh, and I've solved problem with dark interiors, so that opens a lot of new options in the future. Modders won't need to use greyish textures for interior and instead they can use real black leather textures. Stay tuned! ;)

EDIT:

2jfc39z.jpg

zmfg41.jpg

2ilc4sy.jpg

What kind of issues? Can you be more specific?

EDIT:

Here's the beta of Island Paradise weather mod - download. Just copy-paste it to FX folder in your TDU directory and overwrite your old ones (don't forget to make a backup!).

I'm waiting on your feedback.

btw.

Default time scale is set to 500, so you might want to decrease it to 10 or 20 once you test all weather types.

That's a bug, and unfortunately due to TDU limitations, I can't do nothing about it. Just like I already said in readme file.

I don't think that's normal :D.

Ah well, sorry about that I wasn't paying attention to the readme it seems!

TDU2 GPS map is... ugly-bugly?

- Ever since I saw that new TDU2 GPS map, I fell in love instantly in it. After some trial and error, I figured out how to make something similar in our very own - TDU! I got good news, and ofcourse, some bad news. Let's start with the good ones first.

You'll be happy to hear that everything works smooth, and it's a real eye candy. It's much easier to navigate and chances that you'll miss next crossroad and get lost are practically none.

Bad news? Well, here's a thing. TDU map system is made from a real time map, 63 mini area maps and one big low quality map. And here lies the problem. Those 63 mini maps are used by TDU's engine as far away mountains. Personally, that doesn't bother me at all, and updated GPS map is enough to justify that small bug. But, it may get on your nerve... so just incase, you can see some old video footage if you are interested, over here:

Please take your time to read that INFO file. ;) Thanks for reporting anyway. :p

I've finished Morning>Sunny day with clouds 1>Storm>Sunny day with clouds 2>Sunset so far. I've made a new sky dome for sunset, and the only thing left to do right now are new cloud textures. They will be done hopefully tommorow. :)

To be honest, I didn't expected to finish all tasks so soon. :)

EDIT:

Nevermind, IP weather mod is finished!

213gnr7.jpg

33nbvbl.jpg

2qm2ohg.jpg

bkebl.jpg

npl9mq.jpg

Forgot to add, those pics are taken with HDR on, but you've probably noticed that already. Island Paradise v0.9.2 will be released tomorrow... as soon as I wake up. :D People that already got v0.9.1 downloaded, won't have to download new version and spend their precious Mbyte's, but will download just IP weather instead. :)

@IDprofile

But on the contrary, there are so many things left to do! :p

@wagnerpsc

It's perfect for taking epic shots. Just wait and you'll see! ;)

What should i say? - All these pictures speak for themselves! = Impressive mod!

Downloaded v0.9.1 yesterday and have just read your INFO.pdf. - The info-file is properly done and really informativ. It's a nice idea and maybe i will create such pdf-files in the future, instead of ordinary txt-files. +rep for your mod and specially for the pdf ;).

best regards

Island Paradise v0.9.2 is being uploaded as we speak... sorry for this few hours delay, but this time I wanted to be sure that everything work like it should. Then I've noticed that Sunset needs a bit more tweaking, then I had to make new screenies... :p

@thunderhawk17382

Only negative thing about writing info in .pdf is - size. It's a lot bigger than simple plain .txt file, but in the end, it's well worth it. We can insert hyperlinks, pics... and all sorta different stuff. Give it a try. ;) And thanks for nice comments, I'm glad you are enjoying your ''brand'' new TDU. :p

EDIT:

It's released!

123upw6.jpg

syv09e.jpg

29yoaon.jpg

2w5sowm.jpg

Now we have real paradise weather too! Those clouds are going to blow your mind. :D

@ Illusion:

You have to much spare time!;)

I have a question. Can you tell me why I cannot install the fla0026.2db into the hud.bnk? If use the installer to do this, the game crashes. Even the default gps can't be installed. You don't use the fla0026.2db but directly the hud.bnk. How did you mannage to get it correctly inside?

Thanx!:thumbsup: