We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion: Island Paradise v0.9.5 + Autumn and Winter Add-On

iLLusion

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a break from TDU a while back, but now that I have my new computer I started playing it again, a lot thanks to you iLLusion and this mod. It's just beautiful! And just such a small thing as having white lines instead of solid yellow ones, is incredible :D The sense of speed is completely different when you see them lines flashing by instead of solids.

tl;dr: Mod = Awesome, You= Awesome

+Rep ;)

@SlashtheTexan

Go to your FX folder and open WeatherDesc.ini with Wordpad/Notepad. Now just delete these lines:

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_TB1" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_TB3" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_TB4" ""

Personally, I like fog because you can't have a proper autumn without it. But oh well, we all got different preferences. :p

@Ahautcar

Those questions are already answered on a previous page. :D

Well, I don't want to turn it off completely. I just want to tone it down a bit, as it gets a little too white-out and I can't see 50 feet in front of me (try Tantalus in that!).

What if I only delete one or two of the lines?

Thanks

@Riverman

Thanks! ;)

@SlashtheTexan

Ah sorry, I didn't quite understand you last time. :) In this case, you'll need to open either Weather.ini or Weather_HDRI.ini (depends are you playing with your HDR on or off) and search for FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_TBx weather type(s). Find FOGMAX = line, and enter values between 0.00000 and 1.00000 until you find a sweet spot. :)

EDIT:

Here's the uninstaller fix for IP v0.9.5.

DOWNLOAD Uninstaller fix for IP v0.9.5

Just drag and drop to \iLLusion - Island Paradise v0.9.5\patchs\ and replace your old one. Thanks to Djey for his help. ;)

I don't feel like reading through 38 pages to find an answer, so this may already have a solution, but I just installed the latest version and winter add-on, and everything went black. (See image)

I installed it over 0.9.2 (I think) which I'm guessing is the problem, so I'm about to try uninstalling and reinstalling it now, but just in case it doesn't work, anyone else had this issue?

Click to enlarge, again for full

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/acid44/th_NewBitmapImage-12.jpg

EDIT: Didn't work, but I have realised that when I open the map, or enter a shop, or anything with that type of transition, i can see stuff for a split second

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/acid44/th_NewBitmapImage2-1.jpg

Since I've stopped my work on Island Paradise back in December, I've stopped providing almost 24/7 support also. I may occasionally drop here from time to time though.

Anyway... This is what I wrote in the INFO file.

Introducing Winter Add-On

Immerse yourself in a real winter paradise. But... before you can do that, it's important to know that this add-on:

- isn't compatible with other weather mods,

- isn't compatible with HDR.

And that only small area of the island is covered in snow in this current version.

Maybe I didn't wrote it clearly enough, dunno.

So once again...Winter Add-On isn't compatible with other weather mods and isn't compatible with HDR.

:D

I have an issue, an error occurse every time I try to install the mod. I cant install it! What do I do???

EDIT: It says I cant find the roadpatch.bnk.... damn..

EDIT2: Kill me and call me an idiot. I had that file in a folder with a changed name (I did this back in the days when I tried getting less lag online...) Now it works ;)

Few days after I installed this mod, I had a strange issue : At first, the "H" that you have on screen when logged in hardcore mode vanished from my screen and after like 30 mns, I was switching to normal mode all of a sudden. This happened everytime I launched the game with that mod on, so I had to uninstall it (or rather, I reinstalled everything because the uninstaller didn't work, the "uninstall button" had no effect and nothing happened when I clicked on it...) and now it's fine, I can drive in H mode without switching to lousy normal mode for no reason, but I must say that all this trouble will seriously refrains me to install this again... Too bad, I liked the different textures for the roads.

Do you have any idea about this weird problem?

And something else : I don't think the fog is a good idea, is there a way to get rid of it?

Thanks for answer.

Few days after I installed this mod, I had a strange issue : At first, the "H" that you have on screen when logged in hardcore mode vanished from my screen and after like 30 mns, I was switching to normal mode all of a sudden. This happened everytime I launched the game with that mod on, so I had to uninstall it (or rather, I reinstalled everything because the uninstaller didn't work, the "uninstall button" had no effect and nothing happened when I clicked on it...) and now it's fine, I can drive in H mode without switching to lousy normal mode for no reason, but I must say that all this trouble will seriously refrains me to install this again... Too bad, I liked the different textures for the roads.

Do you have any idea about this weird problem?

And something else : I don't think the fog is a good idea, is there a way to get rid of it?

Thanks for answer.

you dont like this mod seriusly?? it is soo good and tdu gained a new life...the fog is a really good ideia and its is well done....everything is well done and the only thing that need work but i understand its really hard to change its the snow mod) eerything else its perfect....

thats not a good feedback to give to illusion i think .... because it is very hard to manage all the textures ..( did you notice the big change on the sky? the roads the trees i mean everithing)

seriusly install this mod and play 1 hour then unistall and tell us the how it feels the play the old tdu...

ps : install 2cv traffic mod i think it completes the pack...:)

you dont like this mod seriusly??

I never said that I don't like it, I said that I have issues with it.

What I don't like is the fog : it is well done, I don't deny it ; I say that it's too anoying when you're cruising in a group and that you're the only one to see it, that's why I'd like to remove it.

thats not a good feedback to give to illusion i think ....

Everyone should have the right to give the feedback he wants, when he brings valuable arguments. A forum is made to exchange all sort of opinions, not to congratulate ourselves. That works for Illusion or anyone else. Nothing is perfect, including my own stuff and I'm always interested when someone points about something that he doesn't like, that's how things gets better.

Now if you have any idea about what I was really talking about, I'm truly interested...

@melih101

Please read INFO file provided with IP. ;)

@SLBenfica4ever

Just google for HDR. And those cars can be found right here, on our TDU:C.

@Groovester

Heheh, okay. ;)

@kamilkom

v0.9.5 is the current, and unfortunately final version of Island Paradise for TDU.

@jorge

I'm happy to see you still play TDU with IP. Thanks. ;)

@Doctor G.

Hardcore icon was removed from the Full Edition, since I liked to drive without any hud elements.

Uninstall option was broken, but shortly after I've posted uninstaller fix with a bit of help from Djey. You can find download link for it right under IP v0.9.5 on the first page. It's a bit late for it as it seems you uninstalled everything altogether. Oh well... :)

About the fog... SlashtheTexan asked about it on a previous page, so same answer applies to you too. :p

Go to your FX folder and open WeatherDesc.ini with Wordpad/Notepad. Now just delete these lines:

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_TB1" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_TB3" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_TB4" ""

Anything else? :)

EDIT:

Hmm, seems that Filefront, I mean Gamefront restarted download statistics for all the files, lol. XD

Thank you very much for this info about removing the fog, I didn't feel like browsing all the pages but I should have :p

About the H icon, the problem is not to not have it anymore on my screen, it's a good idea to have it removed, but switching to normal mode suddenly is pretty anoying, you ever heard about this issue and have any clue how to fix it?