We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Support request: Finishing an almost done SMF theme

doutanuki

Question

Hey,

I'm reasponding to this thread hoping that you're still available.

I'm the owner of a role play mod community for the game 'Mount & Blade: Warband'. Not too long ago me and a friend started reworking the appearance of the site. We managed to finish up the wordpress theme, and get quite far with the SMF theme, but the latter never got finished. This has been bothering me for a while now and i hope to get it done rather sooner then later. Though i'm not experienced in PHP nor CSS, i need help, which is why i'm here to see if your generous help offer still applies.

Feel free send an email to the address i registered this account with, in reply. Thanks in advance,

Blueberry.

8 answers to this question

what i meant by the pm is you shouldn't use pm for support, unless it is related to password and stuff

anyways

don't for get to make a backup

go to your portamx.css

find

.smalltext {
    font-size: 8pt !important;
}

change 8pt to 14px;

go to your boardindex.template.php

find

<p><strong>', $txt['last_post'], '</strong>  ', $txt['by'], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'] , '<br />
', $txt['in'], ' ', $board['last_post']['link'], '<br />
<span class="smalltext">', $txt['on'], ' ', $board['last_post']['time'],'</span>
</p>';

change to

<p>', $board['last_post']['member']['link'] , '
<span class="smalltext">', $txt['on'], ' ', $board['last_post']['time'],'</span>
</p>';

to change the date format, it is little complex, it is not included in the template file

it is built somewhere else, if you rly want to change it i advise you to trace $board['last_post']['time'] to see how data is fetched and built

as for the other edits

it could be file permission issue, i am unable to open your css files and other theme related php files

please zip the theme files and send it to me

Hello

Do you have a testing smf forum setup? if you do then send me a link to that forum with the incomplete theme set as default

if you did it in a wamp server then you can send me the incomplete theme through pm

then, reply and explain where and how you want it to be done (with screenshots)

what i meant by the pm is you shouldn't use pm for support, unless it is related to password and stuff

anyways

don't for get to make a backup

Understood & done.

go to your portamx.css

find

.smalltext {
    font-size: 8pt !important;
}

change 8pt to 14px;

Done

find

<p><strong>', $txt['last_post'], '</strong>  ', $txt['by'], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'] , '<br />
</p>';

change to

</p>';

Done!

to change the date format, it is little complex, it is not included in the template file

it is built somewhere else, if you rly want to change it i advise you to trace $board['last_post']['time'] to see how data is fetched and built

Understood, will take a look at this myself.

as for the other edits

it could be file permission issue, i am unable to open your css files and other theme related php files

please zip the theme files and send it to me

I've made the entire directory writable, it should work now. Though to be sure i will upload the theme in 'theme.rar' which will be located in /testforum/

Thanks again!

:kaos-pinkusagi48:

I am unable to open your website at the moment

I'm sorry, the site has been target of DDoS attacks by banned players, that is probably the reason. I've uploaded the theme on another location and sent a link to your PM box, though the host should be reachable again.

Hello Eudemon, thank you for your PM.

I've found more trouble from DDoS and have entirely reorganised my whole webhosting situation, it's almost finished and i'll be able to supply you with a correctly working testing environment aswell as working download links and account credentials very soon. I hope this is not a problem for you and thank you for your patience.

regards

find

<p><strong>', $txt['last_post'], '</strong>  ', $txt['by'], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'] , '<br />
</p>';

change to

</p>';

do the same edit in your messageindex.template.php