We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your Instruments

AustinDB9

What settings do you use on the VOX or change every time?

I usually have a fairly clean tone (Glass AmpType, fairly high gain and volume, EQ tends to be well rounded, with a little more bass and mids than highs (I tend to play more rhythm than lead) and the master volume fairly low - I play in a small room most of the time) with a little reverb through the amp, and any other effects are added through my Zoom4040.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my lovely Lady:

-Shot-

Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee

Awesome! Love that guitar and I like a lot the sound of the Randalls...I have only a Washburn Chicago Series with FloydRose...I play it very regularly and i like it a lot...Also i have aa cheap multieffect, an old Korg AX1-G that sounds great for me, but the problem is that i have a Bass Amplifier xP (A Behringer Ultrabass BX600). Here is a little pic of my guitar:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

I hope that i will can post a more proper picture soon :cheeky:

P.D : I also have an Avalos electro-acustic guitar, a classical handmade guitar , a Ibanez bass and a keyboard xD

Yep... Dean is the Way to go.

@Malakai: Nice Ibanez you got there, is this from the RG - Series? Had one before the Dean. Was really happy with the comfort of playing for such a low - priced Guitar, but as soon as I'd played on the The Razorback @ the Musicstore in Colonge, I knew, this will be my guitar ^^

Dean ML 2A

35jjps9.jpg

Tokai Hard Puncher (It's actually my dad's but I sometimes gig with it)

nbq1sh.jpg

DeArmond Jet Star

oixkqu.jpg

Epiphone that I can't remember the model of...

298tiv.jpg

Artensania Rosales Classical Acoustic (made in Barcelona)

2jeuz9x.jpg

And here the dean is in action

29502_404290627085_178194962085_4107993_7458885_n.jpg

Woah, This picked up again very quickly. @bagnew, You definitely win with the range of instruments aspect. You must be a really good and committed musician :) [quote name='bagnew']I use Elixir strings as I have very acidic skin, which causes most other strings to rust like crazy. I've got the 15W version of that Vox amp. Very nice![/QUOTE] I have those strings for my Fender and they are excellent. Very Natural and clear and natural sound. [quote name='Malakai']Awesome! Love that guitar and I like a lot the sound of the Randalls...I have only a Washburn Chicago Series with FloydRose...I play it very regularly and i like it a lot...Also i have aa cheap multieffect, an old Korg AX1-G that sounds great for me, but the problem is that i have a Bass Amplifier xP (A Behringer Ultrabass BX600). Here is a little pic of my guitar: I hope that i will can post a more proper picture soon :cheeky: P.D : I also have an Avalos electro-acustic guitar, a classical handmade guitar , a Ibanez bass and a keyboard xD[/QUOTE] Very Nice Guitar. Looks very flash :) @Who. Amazing guitars! Gosh I'd like to have some like that. [quote name='GTAMADDOG'] For tapping and pretending it's a drum I did look into buying an electric guitar a month or two ago but I didn't have enough guts to.[/QUOTE] State of the art Drumming system you have there mate :) I reckon you should buy a cheapo electric and see if you like the guitar. It is a fantastic instrument to learn. [quote="Barry Scott, post: 328136"]I currently have an Epiphone Les Paul Special-II and a Yamaha ERG-121. Next week I might win a Hofner of some sort (:D), but if not I'll be saving up for a Brian May Red Special (:drool: My Epi :)[/QUOTE] That was the exact electric in that exact color that I ordered in Perth but they sold out and gave me the ESP equivalent Which as I can see from that picture of yours, is Identical in every single way except for the dials and Brand name. I am struggling to find anything else that is different! :) They are awesome little guitars the Les pauls. Here is what I won in the Eisteddfod last Friday :) 1st out of 55 in our division. And I got second in the previous week but only out of 5. [url]http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/austinmartindb9/SDC10455.jpg[/url]

Got to be carefull about going too cheap though, some are just hard to play and will put you off carrying on.

Nice one with award!

Agreed. I bought the worst electric guitar in a package deal (made by what is entirely an amp company), and if I hadn't had an Ovation before it, I probably wouldn't be playing guitar now.

_____

@Barry Scott: My friend has one of those, probably the exact same one! I love it, but he wants to get a new one. :cheeky:

_____

Will post pics of my own guitars and bass and band instrument (anyone want to guess what it is?) soon...

-Leadfoot

Here is what I won in the Eisteddfod last Friday :) 1st out of 55 in our division. And I got second in the previous week but only out of 5.

Wait, What!? You have eisteddfods over there? :confused: The Eisteddfod is a welsh tradition (A cookie goes to you if you can actually pronounce it right :p) that takes place in a town called llangollen (another cookie for pronouncing that) which is just down the road from me... Even people in england don't have a clue, let alone those on the other side of the world (well, maybe patagonia, they speak welsh there)

Got to be carefull about going too cheap though, some are just hard to play and will put you off carrying on.

Nice one with award!

Thanks. Yeah you are right I should have said something like a minimum price. You should buy any guitar with a brand you recognize such as Epiphone, Gibson, Fender, ESP, Cort, Strat ..... As long as it has a trusty name like that, you will be spoil for choice in any price range :)

Wait, What!? You have eisteddfods over there? :confused: The Eisteddfod is a welsh tradition (A cookie goes to you if you can actually pronounce it right :p) that takes place in a town called llangollen (another cookie for pronouncing that) which is just down the road from me... Even people in england don't have a clue, let alone those on the other side of the world (well, maybe patagonia, they speak welsh there)

That's right. I'm not sure about other countries but Aus has it in all of the states and territories. It's the big annual music comp. pain in the behind to get to though since I live 200km away from the closest one to me. Your country probably pronounces it differently to us because of the accent but we say Au-sted-fod. Haha that's funny because the Ajudicator that did both of my performances said he was from Wales.

• 2 weeks later...
;328422']My friend has one of those' date=' probably the exact same one! I love it, but he wants to get a new one. :cheeky:[/quote']

I hate mine. There are multiple cracks on the wood, they weren't there when I got it and I'm not causing them.. the wood is so bad. And the electronics are a bit... messed up, sound cuts out and sometimes the pickup-selector doesn't work right..

BM Red Special here I come :p

• 3 weeks later...

I played on a 1951 Fender "NoCaster" Telecaster the other day. My mate found it and he fixed it up, he had to put a new neck on it as the old one was broke, and he put in some new pots and switches, but it still has the original pickups. It sounds realllllly nice.

I'll get some pictures next time I baby-sit it :p