We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU PE: What is Inertia?

HeLeX

TDU PE is a great editing tool in TDU, but, there is just one thing I don't know about it, that is "Intertia." Could someone please explain this to me in detail. Oh and by the way, does it have anything to do with clutch sensitivity?

Inertia relates to Newton's laws. It is usually thought of as if a physical object with a mass is either stationary or moving, it will either remain stationary or if it's moving it will continue to move forward.

A good example of this law is when you're going along in a car, and you suddenly slam on the brakes, you feel yourself being thrown forwards. The seatbelt holds you in place though. If it wasn't there, you would go right through the windscreen and out onto the road and be severely injured.

Inertia is often masked by friction because if something is moving, it actually will slow down due to friction. But I hope you get what I mean.

Put simply, inertia means that an object will always continue moving at its current speed and in its current direction until some force causes its speed or direction to change.

Inertia will not effect TDU at all because it's a game and in that sense, it's unrealistic. Clutch sensitivity will not be effected.

Hmmm not sure about that TomRS, but youre talking about the Real Life.

@HeLeX: In the TDU:PE there are two values with the inertia, Engine Inertia and Gearbox Inertia.

The Engine Inertia its the value that will affect how much wheelspin the car will have when youre accelerating , values between 20-50 will cause a normal wheelspin and up to 65-120 the car will do very long burnouts and less traction in longer gears.

But about the Gearbox Inertia im not sure about what it is...I will be doing some test about it and if i dsicover what it means i will say it to you :cool:

• 1 month later...

Well, after some tests,, i discovered that the Gearbox Inertia modifies the Acceleration of the car and maybe (Not sure) the gearbox speed in a VERY slightly manner, also it affects a bit the wheelspin of the car. Hope that this will be useful.

i always thought the inertia is for the speed of acceleration/shifting.

so if you got high inertia, the engine goes up very fast, but also down very fast, so if you are in 6th gear at 200, there is a huge difference when you don´t do anything and let the car roll out... isn´t it just how fast the rpm goes up to the limit? i mean the responding qualities...

Gearbox inertia can change the speed of manual shifts, not sequential, just manual.

Setting it low can get you faster manual shifts, which results in less "body lerch" in some softly sprung cars.

Keep in mind though that setting it too low can cause very buggy shifting, and sometimes even prevent shifting completely.