We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

Anyone know any info about this supposedly "blow your mind away" game? The guys at Criterion are being awfully secretive, but I'm pretty sure they'll see TDU 2 as a huge competitor, and are not giving away details about the game, so they don't "lose" their "edge"...

Anyway, any chance of you buying the game, if/when it's out? I'll most prolly wait for a month or two, since NFS has failed to deliver it's promises ever since Porsche (said this once but it bothers me)..and it'll be safe to see if they make any working multiplayer servers for this, which don't kick you out when it wants to.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't hear about the snippet you posted Diablo.. Looks nice.

@StigSRB True that. HP2 had one of the most awesome car lists for games at that time. McLaren F1 LM with the ordinary one..kewl. Looks like I could be wrong about NFS after all. Granted I was unfair after playing Carbon but meh. Shift helped put NFS bacl on the map a bit..this could work out after all. Just hope it's not like Burnout paradise, I've had enough of wreaking havoc with cars.

I hope they do take some cues from the burnout games.

Paradise was awesome, especially the multiplayer which was huge... the NFS franchise could do well from the Criterion Elite.

Having said that, I do wish Cirterion hadn't sold out and would just produce the next burnout. :)

Guest mr cars

I'm currently praying it's Burnout Paradise 2. Original game, DLC, new reworked Paradise City, clever new game modes, sweet new cars and job done!

I want it to be NFS unplugged.HP2 was last true NFS,without orange 350Z with 52 different vinyls on it.Huge car choice (stock ofc),could be real world track.Something like GT just on PC.

I remember that HP2 had and still have E39 M5,and Z8.And Ferrari is present with F50,550 or 575,Idk,and 360 spyder.Mercedes with CL,and CLK GTR.And there was Diablo,Murcielago,CGT Concept,996 Turbo.That kind of cars NFS needs,not some FWD Scion tC.I hope they won't ruin this small amount of trust that players gave them while playing SHIFT.I don't want crashes like Burnout,because that's not NFS.

yeah if it wil be like "Black","BattleField Bad Company" and others.

But i think that they will relese for the pc to just becuse of the profit, don't forget TDU2 will be released before the NFs so TDU2 will be a great competitor.

All i can say to EA is "You made an EPIC FAIL" and to the console players "Have fun".

Highly coloured, abd it looks good. Seems to remind me of a track from HP tbf. I just hope this won't have a wacked up story line like Undercover, if it has one at all.

Edit : The way some fanboys talk about NFS on some forums, you'd think that NFS was the only game on the planet. Makes me mad, that they've never even heard of TD.

This looks surprisingly good, knowing that it's Hot Pursuit, I don't mind the Veyron being a police car... because honestly, when has Hot Pursuit cared about realism? Over the top craziness is what the game is built on, and if helicopters are allowed to drop bombs at speeding motorists, then the Police can have one of the most expensive cars in recent history as a cruiser!