We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Browser talk

bagnew

While you're talking about web browsers....

browses.jpg

Sorry for OffTopicness, but thought some of you may appreciate it. :-)

Also, I'd like to thank Mellors for that DesktopEarth thing - Windows doesn't recognise it as a DT Background, so doesn't take it away! I finally have a Background again!

I use Opera mainly, prefer the layout and the fact it has all the features of Firefox's Addons built in (AdBlock, NoScript, and extreme customisation). Each new release annoys me a little bit more each time though.

I personally love the Opera Turbo mode for when I go over my monthly download limit

I had 3 days this month where I had exceeded the cap on my personal account and all 3 business accounts and tbh Opera Turbo did crap all except blur my images, Firefox and IE both rendered pages faster than Opera at dialup speeds, while Opera consistently seems faster at normal speed.

for when I go over my monthly download limit

There are parts of the developed world that still enforce download limits? :S

I use Firefox, it's bloated tbh but Opera has an overwhelmingly busy interface, Safari and Chrome are lightning fast but I miss my FF plugins too much to use either of them for any sustained period of time. IE hasn't had a Mac port for years, thankfully.

Oh forgot to mention my FF is skinned to look like Safari, it's not 100% accurate but it's decent.

I'm stuck on 12GB per month at ~1.5mbps average

I think this calls for a sad trombone

Careful, don't want to get any closer to the limit!

In all seriousness though it really isn't fair. I hear it's the same awful set up in New Zealand. Like the internet is some amazing new thing.

It is. We're stuck with crappy cabling and at slow internet speeds. If the government we have continues in parliament, we'll get fibre optic though which'll be good despise the years and years we'll have to wait to get in our area.

Ryzza, which ISP are you with and how much do you pay a month? We pay $50 monthly.

People say you're lucky for having such fantastic weather but really it's just compensation for all the hassle around adult rated video games (which I believe is finally coming to an end) and the appalling internet.

No hurricanes or tornadoes? Hey that's great weather! :D

But only if u love hot'n'humid or desert environment. btw what's the weather like where u live Ryzza?

On topic, I love Chrome/Firefox combo, each for it's own reasons. Bookmarks synchronizing works perfect in Chrome, Fox got very handly app for multiple yahoo mail accounts...and stuff like that.

Firefox 3.6 for me.

I tried Google Chrome on my dad's computer and thought it was a waste of time. Internet Explorer was alright, couldn't find anything wrong with it, but it wasn't brilliant either. Haven't tried the others, can't see the point. Firefox works fast and is easy to use from my perspective, I don't use addons so it's just as simple as anything else to use.

When I install an operating system is the only time I use Internet Explorer, and that's just to download Firefox and I never touch Internet Explorer after that.

You can actually uninstall IE in Windows 7 now - and you Euro guys would've had that Browser Ballot screen as well.

It's winter here. In Melbourne the weather is usually between 10-15 degrees celcius (have got a lovely day happening today though). In Summer you get a few weeks around 40. There was one very hot day when we had bushfires north of Melbourne which pushed it up to 47 degrees. That's 117 degrees Farenheit.

But yeah - weather is very nice here.