We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A properly done Skyline 2000 GT-R

Kurgan777

There's 2 different mods done for this car already, but they both have some problems, the latest one is just bad with the whole car shifted to one side with no way to get a reliable camera done.

KPGC10-PSP6.jpg

watanabe%20rs8%20type%20a.jpg

That's what I'm looking for, nice, simple, clean, modernized just a bit with wider rims & tires.

The rear spoiler and chin spoiler are a package deal, having one without the other just doesn't look right. An optional download without the spoiler combo package would be nice for those who want the "plain" look.

The bolt-on rear wheel arch should either be paint-matched, or paintable as a second color in the custom paint shop. The latter would be preferable, it gives people a choice. If there's a front wheel arch available in Shift, that would also be a nice option, but not mandatory.

The tires should not float in thin air on the rims, nor should the rims and tires be super-skinny, it just doesn't look right. The tires should also NOT float above the ground or be set at odd camber angles either.

The rims should be RS-Watanabe RS8 Type A of the deep-dish variety as pictured above. The deep-dished rims are very important, flat faced rims just don't look right on this car, which means the brake discs need to be forced inward so they don't ghost through any mod rims that might be added later.

There shouldn't be any external oil coolers or intercoolers, or whatever that thing is attached to the front bumper on the latest "drift version" mod.

The rollcage visible in that pic above is purely optional, and I would prefer that it not be used unless it's done right, maybe even paint matched for an additional flair.

It would also be nice if those front-mounted rear-view mirrors actually worked.

A reasonably close version of the rims can be found here. The rims in the picture are not the ones on the mod itself, check the attached pic.

The readme file that comes with that mod is in Russian, and the site the mod originally came from is long since shut down but you can try the email at the bottom of the readme, maybe he still checks it.

Whichever model you already have is fine, I just want the stock front & rear spoiler package from Shift. If you want to make an additional full race or modified version, that's up to you.

And the whole RHD thing needs to be mirrored, I highly dislike the trend of shifting the models to the left to "fix" the camera.

yeah, i've tried doing that but mirroring the nodes themselves is a bit of a problem. I mean, everything else in the cockpit mirrors, except them. So I've moved them to the right hand side for now, but ill keep trying. Oh and I'll go into 3ds max later and attach the front and rear spoilers to the car.