We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Or GT5 Collectors edtion

calster17

Hello

I'm having a bit of a problem, and its not that i'm struggling on what game out of these two to pic, as i'm getting both!

The problem is, I've got about £35 on my GAME card, which has built up for some time(havent cahsed in the points since 2 erly 2008) and the plan was to use that to get GT5. But i've got a feeling that the GT5 'Collectors Edtion'(google it, its got some nice extras for about £20) so i'm going to order that online.

But at the same Time TDU2's Pre-Order Bonus for the UK is still just the 370Z Yellow, which i'm wanting(as its the only bonus announced so far).

Now should i just ditch the idea of getting the TDU2 Pre-Order bonus and use my GAME card to get TDU2 for £5 when it comes out...or wait and see if GAME will sell the GT5 colletors edtion?

The 3rd option is just to get both games with cash, and just use my GAME card points to get NFS: Hot Pursuit?

So what do you guys think i should do?

Cheers in Advance!:cool:

The collectors edition will be far more expensive, and GT5 is just that. Gran Turismo. Just racing...

TDU2, as you'll know is more than that.

Personally, I would go for TDU2, and wait until GT5 comes down in price, or get it pre-owned.

I'm getting both of the games anyway!(as i said in the first post) :D

What i'm meaning, what should i use my Game card for, as it has £35 or so on it! Should i use it to buy the Collectors edtion GT5(which will cost about £20 on top of the £40) or The normal Edtion of GT5 or TDU2?

The disadvantage with buying TDU2 from GAME at the moment is theres no pre-order bonue's announeced yet! and if i pre-order TDU2 from Atari i get the 370Z 'Yellow'.

But for the time beeing i'll get TDU2 from GAME then, since i could get it for £5 essentually!

I just found this, might chance your view on which GT5 you would like to get :p

Signature Edition

Reminiscent of a no-expense-spared supercar launch, this luxury edition puts the pedal to the metal as soon as you open its contoured steel case – which is finished in Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ‘Obsidian Black’. As well as the game, the ‘Apex’ driver’s magazine and the ChromeLine car pack, you’ll get:

• An exclusive, branded Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 1:43 scale model car

• A Gran Turismo leather wallet and metal Gran Turismo key fob

• A Signature Edition coffee table book featuring the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo

• A bespoke Gran Turismo 5 USB key with a trailer showing the collaboration between Mercedes-Benz and Polyphony that brought the SLS AMG to screen

• Six additional in-game ‘Stealth’ cars including the McLaren F1 and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and a dynamic theme

• For those 18 or over and resident in a participating country, the chance to win a real-life Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG – your very own gull-winged, 6.3-litre-engined supercar - in a competition like no other! Full terms and conditions will be made available shortly here on http://www.eu.gran-turismo.com.

The Signature Edition competition will be open to residents of the following countries;

• UK

• Ireland

• Germany

• Austria

• France

• Switzerland

• Portugal

• Spain

• Italy

• Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway

• Greece

• Czech Republic

• Russia

• Poland

• Australia

• New Zealand

• South Africa

• UAE

• Saudi Arabia

What’s more if you pre-order your Standard or Collector’s Edition you also might be lucky enough to get hold of one of a selection of exclusive in-game vehicles including the Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model, Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model, Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model, Mazda 787B Stealth Model, McLaren F1 Stealth Model, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model.

It was more aimed at the competition which could win you a real SLS-AMG :p Even if you hate that car, you can earn more than enough with selling it xD

I agree it's overpriced though, but perhaps they need that money to give away the SLS xD I doubt they got the SLS for free, there's a waitinglist of 1.5 year for all the people who dó pay up to 250K euro's (dutch SLS price) for it.

Well as stated, this Is for What game should i get, i'm getting both! Its what should i spend the points of my Game card on!(which i have £25 as a descovered, not £30)

Well as it stands, i'll most probally get TDU2 fuseing the points from my card. As GAME are only doing the Standered edtion & the Signature Edition of GT5. And i'm not up for splashing out £150 for a game! The Collectores edtion is a sort of in the middle....not standered but got some extras!

I just hope EU/UK preorder stuff get announced for TDU2!

Or as i suggersted in my first post...i'll use the Points on my Card to get the new NFS! As Game are offering some extras if you get it from there!

Wow, that collector's edition looks fantastic! Anyone want to give me their PS3?

Sure, i've got my old one acting as a paperweight!:cool: Only problem is you'd have to fix it.....

It's Compleatly Dead! :cry: And its been repaired once, semi-repaired again(thats when i knew it was truly dead as they could't fix it) and my bro's been tinkering with it and had no results!

But its nice to have in your place as people think you have a PS3!(what my bro's doing with it! lol)

It was more aimed at the competition which could win you a real SLS-AMG :p Even if you hate that car, you can earn more than enough with selling it xD

I agree it's overpriced though, but perhaps they need that money to give away the SLS xD I doubt they got the SLS for free, there's a waitinglist of 1.5 year for all the people who dó pay up to 250K euro's (dutch SLS price) for it.

250k???Here it's starting form 186000 to 230000 euros.However,TDU2 and GT5 can not be compared.If I'm a fan of consoles (and I am not) I would take both.

Signature edition sounds tempting, but $300AUD is a bit ridiculous, and I don't care about the SLS competition since I'd never win it anyway.

From what's already known, the GT5 bonus sounds better than the TDU2 bonus, even if the TDU2 game is better than the GT5 game.

250k???Here it's starting form 186000 to 230000 euros.However,TDU2 and GT5 can not be compared.If I'm a fan of consoles (and I am not) I would take both.

Yea well it's the dutch price, taxes add up which makes cars around 40% more expensive than the baseprice made up by the brand itself. For now, only clean cars with a very very low CO2 emission (or hybrids) get away without loads of taxes, but now the government might destroy that too as too many clean cars get sold so they miss out the money. Also, importing the car from a cheaper country has no use, you might even end up paying more for that.

I do agree the GT5 bonusses are cooler than the TDU2 ones, mainly since it's stuff you get which is usable in everyday life, like the wallet etc. or a miniature of a car in the game.