We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sponge: Audi Q7 V12 TDI

Sponge

This is a really good sound i must say.

Though I do have a few reservations.

Firstly, while the gargle in itself sounds good, it does seem out of place in a V12 Diesel.

Secondly, as a result of the gargle sound, the usual rattle sound (even the most refined of common rail diesels have this) isn't present or if it is, hardly noticeable.

And lastly, there doesn't seem to be much of the turbo gobbling up air as the revs climb up. We all know that TDU's "turbo" sound is a tad pathetic, so it always helps if the sound inherently sounds like a turbo.

Nonetheless, I'd still be using this :P

I did a couple searches on YouTube:

You're right, not much of the diesel clatter. Actually none audible for me. At least that's how it is for high revs, but I would assume idle would be the same. The only thing different now is that your mod has gargle while the real Q7 V12 TDI doesn't. It actually sounds so smooth and refined, typical German unlike the current 63 AMGs which are all brute power. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 years later...
  • 5 months later...