We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

I'm happy too - I can get all the other car games out of my system first, rather than be indecisive and not play any of them, and then when I reach 50% in GT5 and have had enough, TDU2 will be out and it'll be even better.

Gotta point there.

Well at least they say why it is delayed and i think it's very good to want to create a solid gamingexperience, instead of delaying because you've just thought up some new features in which you think that must be implemented.*cough* PD *cough*

And also a lot of game releases in Q3 and Q4 so i don't mind.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The delay is really good news. If we're going to be playing this as long as we've been playing TDU then a few months here or there is nothing.

The other thing that's great is it also suggests to me the current beta testers are doing a good job and finding/submitting bugs in a way that Eden are finding useful, so kudos to them to.

I was kind of expecting this. There was an information drought for such a long time, and then the release date inching ever so closer, the possibility of having a productive beta was almost impossible. I was expecting more or a 1-2 month delay but shifting it all the way to Q1 is going to give them an enormous amount of time to polish it up not to mention, an enormous amount of beta play time. :twisted:

Nice post. But its always the same excuse LOL. "Develop a better product" and bla bla bla :bananamad:

They gave us the September release date and announced the beta in May.. We're in August and there's almost nothing new about it.. a lot of people were expecting a delay and now this confirms it.

I was really looking forward to it.. well January.. it ain't that bad. Think of GT5 before they gave a definitive release date LOL

Oh, so the signed-up beta participants get exclusive items? Good for them! That's so nice, Atari - you give an exclusive play of the game to them, and they get more stuff.

Here's an idea - give us the beta or give us exclusive content. Let us choose, because you are clearly too incompetent to make any decisions. Case in point - did anyone actually buy Alone in the Dark? I don't know about any of you, but I don't know anyone who has played it. I haven't even seen any ads for it, or seen it promoted specifically. I don't even know what it's about! And what was their excuse for not doing anything with TDU or TDU2? Oh yeah - they needed to finish Alone in the Dark (you can't even abbreviate it! AitD? Seriously?). Anyone know how many copies of TDU were sold versus Alone in the Dark?

Actually, Atari, here's another idea - get your priorities straight. We shouldn't need release dates for trailers or betas; you shouldn't be THAT SLOW. Work steadily on the game, don't cut funding, provide a steady flow of un-hyped trailers/screenshots, and send an email about whether you did or did not get into the beta.

I know they're not listening, but maybe we can all take a step back and look at the ridiculousness of the situation. :rolleyes:

-Leadfoot

;343877']Oh' date=' so the signed-up beta participants get exclusive items? Good for them! That's so nice, Atari - you give an exclusive play of the game to them, [b']and[/b] they get more stuff.

Here's an idea - give us the beta or give us exclusive content. Let us choose, because you are clearly too incompetent to make any decisions. Case in point - did anyone actually buy Alone in the Dark? I don't know about any of you, but I don't know anyone who has played it. I haven't even seen any ads for it, or seen it promoted specifically. I don't even know what it's about! And what was their excuse for not doing anything with TDU or TDU2? Oh yeah - they needed to finish Alone in the Dark (you can't even abbreviate it! AitD? Seriously?). Anyone know how many copies of TDU were sold versus Alone in the Dark?

Actually, Atari, here's another idea - get your priorities straight. We shouldn't need release dates for trailers or betas; you shouldn't be THAT SLOW. Work steadily on the game, don't cut funding, provide a steady flow of un-hyped trailers/screenshots, and send an email about whether you did or did not get into the beta.

I know they're not listening, but maybe we can all take a step back and look at the ridiculousness of the situation. :rolleyes:

-Leadfoot

Straight to the point. +rep

Lead it's clear you're angry but come on you didn't see the marketing and such for AitD? They had videos out for it often showing off the physics, the lighting, the 59th Street scene and such, that game was marketed well but mainly online only.

Sales wise I think collectively it did over a million but as for how well received it was well it fell pretty much flat on it's face.

I'm surprised people see this delay as a really bad thing and if anything perhaps Atari are learning from the AitD debacle whereby that and several of it's other games were released way too early.

All these companies are just guessing hence the end of months and middle of the month dates being posted. January would be good though as plenty of Christmas money flying about that people want to spend.

you crack me up Diablo...........................:rofl:

Hmmm. How can I word this to make the whole situation seem acceptable?

Oh... Let's try this...

*swear-word* happens. Something happens (Random bugs pop up which require more effort and time than planned etc.) and the completion time of things get pushed back. It happens with everything else as well as game creation.

It's just like what was said earlier. It's impossible for developers to win. If it isn't released on the originally stated date everyone takes stupidly as gospel then the developers get burned at the stake but if they release a half-finished game on the originally stated date they get thrown into a pit of fire because OMGUNFINISHEDPRODUCTWASTEDMONEY.

At the end of the day, it's a game, life goes on.

I honestly can't say I'm surprised, however it doesn't bother me, the delay is obviously necessary, I'd much rather wait a few months for a more complete game.

At least there's new hopes for getting into the beta, although with the new announcement of "extra stuff", not getting in will be quite a bit more disappointing.

Oh well, September wasn't a great month for me anyway, and I'll have money to buy the game in early 2011 too, which i wouldn't of had in september.

I'm not really that surprised. I'm pessimistic. I even said the trailers would get delayed. :cheeky:

Anyway, to contribute to the thread, I say it's good because it'll give them more time to fix bugs, get more licenses, model more vehicles, maybe add a 3rd island (HINT HINT) and get make more progress without the need to rush. Also they might add more features, who knows?

Edit: About the extra stuff for beta participants, maybe one "gift" would be getting your name, your game character and a car you own as a whole AI. They did this with TDU and PS2 beta players iirc, and that's how we got the current AI.

Im glad.

Ive felt since it was announced that its has all happened to fast.

Also this means I might still get in the beta xD

EDIT: just read Lead's rant, chill the fudge out! Its a game and tbh we should all just be glad that they have decided to make a sequal to one of the best online games on consoles.