We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Story Behind Arab Cars in London

zo6dude

Source: Daily Mail and L4P

article-1301419-0AB5E680000005DC-746_634x309.jpg

A sunny Thursday afternoon in August and the cars circling Harrods need to be seen to be believed. Million-pound Bugatti Veyrons - normally a rare sighting, even on the well-heeled streets of Central London - are, around here, about as common as Ford Fiestas.

Other cars, in a display that could rival anything in Monaco or Goodwood, drive round and round the block, pausing at the rear each time to see if their masters are ready for collection.

In the cafes surrounding the department store, every single table is taken by people from the Gulf states and the Middle East — Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Dubai.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1301419/Invasion-Bling-ionaires.html#ixzz0wiK7q9Wt

That one comment about the Pakistani flooding crisis does have a point, you hear calls to help out and give something whereas 1 of these guys could easily give out a lot more help in just one small donation (to them anyway) compared to what we could collectively make.

It's good that they spend that amount of money and thus help the economy but at the same time that one comment definitely did catch my eye.

That one comment about the Pakistani flooding crisis does have a point, you hear calls to help out and give something whereas 1 of these guys could easily give out a lot more help in just one small donation (to them anyway) compared to what we could collectively make.

It's good that they spend that amount of money and thus help the economy but at the same time that one comment definitely did catch my eye.

And there are more people than that that need help. So many people and charities could benefit from what they see as a donation of nothing. And I bet most of them don't give a rats ass about it as long as they have a near perfect life.

What he didn't say, rich London kids (Dressed in Ralph Lauren clothes and stuff) go up to them when they drive their cars and ask for "some" money. And those guys throw out like a 100 pounds. Damn easy money, whose with me next year? :lol:

I'm going to London for a few days, while i'm not going to go and look for the cars i'll have my camera around London, where are the main places these cars are? just around knightsbridge?

Yea Knightsbridge is the place, but as Diablo said, the Arabs have gone home now. Not the be all and end all though, there is still some pretty nice UK stuff up there.

Yeah they're gone :( Except one GT3RS in the Dorchester, although apparently a couple of the Svs might still be around but I wouldn't rely on that. If you're there on a week day check around the back of the Bob Fornser dealer on park lane as sometimes stock is parked around the back other than that it's going to be more challenging that usual.

You might find this map i've made helpful if you've not been before.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=110285771973674165974.000481f0d4e5019111bbb&ll=51.500421,-0.160375&spn=0.006144,0.021136&z=16

Here's what I saw in a couple of hours 2 days ago, so it certainly isn't dead just requires a bit more patience

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=3039&page=277

Have Fun

Yeah they're gone :( Except one GT3RS in the Dorchester, although apparently a couple of the Svs might still be around but I wouldn't rely on that. If you're there on a week day check around the back of the Bob Fornser dealer on park lane as sometimes stock is parked around the back other than that it's going to be more challenging that usual.

You might find this map i've made helpful if you've not been before.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=110285771973674165974.000481f0d4e5019111bbb&ll=51.500421,-0.160375&spn=0.006144,0.021136&z=16

Here's what I saw in a couple of hours 2 days ago, so it certainly isn't dead just requires a bit more patience

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=3039&page=277

Have Fun

Nice that really good. I'm not going to go and hang around on a corner for hours looking but will be a proper tourist wondering around annoying Londoners :) Was going to explore around the park lane area so hopfully see somthing.

+rep

Great that they're supporting your economy, but it bothers me that they go there just to screw around for a month. As soon as I laid eyes on that Koeni with the boot on it I instantly started thinking 'serves you right'.

Being rich doesn't excuse being an arsewipe.

Or am I just biased and slightly prejudiced because it bothers me that I am now part of the minority in what used to be a centre of Canadian culture?

Yeah because its the law. If you're caught eating or drinking during the day, you can get jailed. A few tourists in Dubai have already been caught out.

However what they don't see....

I made sure I got my car windows tinted this year.

Its so funny to see all cars with blacked windows at 'Donalds drive through.

Even funnier to watch a brown arm reach through the window to receive the 'parcel'. :lol:

Is not all that bad. Our work hours are only 10-3 during the 'holy' month.

And when the locals do bother to turn up they spend most of the day sitting/sleeping anyway. I've been up in the mountains for the last few weeks so its easy to eat and drink up there.

Roads are even more dangerous than normal though and full of grumpy/starving/over-tired Emirati who can't even drive on a good day. Have had too many near misses already.