We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

'67 Ford Mustang Coupe Project

SBCriss

Yeesh! Yeah, definitely watch out for seat covers, they are the quickest way to make a car look really cheesy and cheap - even on a Mustang. I don't have much experience (well, any) in restoration, but I'd say go for the original look or something close to that (depending on what fits and is comfortable, etc.). :)

-Leadfoot

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

News about the Mustang:

I restored some pieces of the interior, first the gearbox, will post pics of other things later :)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9254/img7084j.jpg

Major Update:

I always wanted to paint it like the 2011 Mustang, in Kona Blue, but i changed my mind to this (photoshopped pic):

Lemme know what you think about it :)

:cheers:

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

TBH although the Eleanor is an iconic mustang, Personally I wouldn't go for that look. I'd maybe slightly change the stripe colors to white with a black outline and make them thicker like on the Eleanor picture.

EDIT: Fantastic project you have going on there too! :thumbsup:

You're all right, but i still have time i guess the 'stang wont be finished next year or even the next 2 years :/

I would LOVE to do an eleanor version of it but why doing a eleanor of a coupe? Thats for me no real eleanor, just a replica.

But if get a job later and earn some money, i will 100% do a eleanor, that car is just :drool: for me most beautiful car ever build :)

Thanks for your opinions :)

Happy new year :hsquad:

• 2 weeks later...

well i'd say make it red and have the striping black with some other black details but thats my dream version of a Mustang

yours looks great for a project i wish i had the time and knowledge to do one too..

cant wait to see results although i wont be done for a while ;)

Thanks for your opinions guys! :D

Yesterday I scanned all the papers i've got of the car and found some things, here is something:

The car got in 1998 sold by an american dude to an german guy for $600 !!!! And i payed 3000€ for it :lol:

And i want to paint it now in this color :)

And i also found out what license it had in 1998 :D

Nice, my father has a... semi restored 67 coupe. From what I hear, it will turn out to be a very fun car ;) jealous XD

edit: I was actually at a car show today (called the 'all american car show' lol), saw a beautiful 69 fastback in this cool mid/dark grey metallic (darker than eleanor), i think it would look great on a 67/68 coupe. Just putting that out there (no stripes).

• 2 months later...

Hey folks! :D

I got another color for my stang now, it's the original color that it had before some dude painted it blue. I love this one and I think i'll keep it like that. And before someone asks, im not going to put white stripes on it :cheeky:

(In the left hand corner you can see a real pic of the color on a 1967 coupe)

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m362/ChrisChakk/170792_1868773321783_1314595666_2182447_3007838_o.jpg

Cheers :)