We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

"Invalid Authentication Key"

blackhole522

I tried playing TDU online tonight but while connecting I got this message: "Invalid Authentication Key"....

So I put the correct key, a green check mark appears, then it tries to connect again but still, at the end it tells me "Invalid Authentication Key"....

After that I tried offline mode and it asked for the key, so I put it again but then the game crashed *facepalm*

I tried again and it worked for offline mode, but failed for online.

Can anyone help me with this?

BTW: It worked just fine a few hours ago...

• 10 months later...
Did you buy the game or get an illegal copy?

Do you have the mega car pack installed? Did you buy that? Did you activate it using the megapack key and not the normal game key?

I buy original game... i dont have mega car pack installed only patch 1.66a.

1. Turn on Hidden Files + Folders (Google if you dont know how)

2. Go to:

Win Vista/7 - C:\ProgramData\Test Drive Unlimited

XP/NT - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Test Drive Unlimited

3. Delete CDKey.txt (and addon.txt if it exists).

4. Launch the game - it should prompt you for your new legit Authentication Key.

If that doesn't work, you may need to uninstall the game, remove the above files, and any registry keys for TDU1.

2. Go to:

XP/NT - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Test Drive Unlimited

4. Launch the game - it should prompt you for your new legit Authentication Key.

If that doesn't work, you may need to uninstall the game, remove the above files, and any registry keys for TDU1.

I tried these steps but it's still not working. I tried to install TDU on clear notebook and same error....HEELP :_((

• 1 year later...

2. Go to:

it says :

Activation process has been terminated

The SERIAL was not found in the database. Most likely the SERIAL has been entered incorrectly.

Press 'Back' to retry activating (please verify the correct input of the SERIAL) or click 'Cancel' to abort.

If the problem persists, please visit our support homepage for possible solutions: SecuROM PA Unlock page