We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 PC Beta (Closed) Officially Underway!

Eudemon

why is it so hard to understand that beta does not represent the quality of the final game...

Because that excuse only goes so far. In all the beta's I've played the games have been buggy, yes. However they haven't shown such glaring errors as can be seen here.

The Beta's have generally been a fair representation of the final product, with the information gained through the beta process being used for fine tuning of the finished game.

From what's been shown (albeit wrongfully) there is an awful lot of work to be done in various aspects.

It's not all doom and gloom, I've liked a lot of what I've seen. Doesn't stop the worry though.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously haven't played it yet, so how do you know they suck??

You don't need access to the beta to know they suck all you need is 2 eyes in your head and access to Youube.

okay it's not the actual game but let's not kid ourselves just because we're fans of the first game - we don't like what we see and saying something about it here might actually force a change for the better.

Why don't people understand the unlying problem of using arrow keyboard keys as opposed to a controller???

A left or right key is basically on or off, or full lock left or right, next time your playing a racing game with an analogue stick or wheel, look at yourself, you don't always have the analogue stick or wheel fully to the side or turned. So obviously its jerky. think about it!!!

I will enjoy it all the more for you all?

If you really want to make it worthwhile for those who haven't gotten a beta key, keep your eyes open for bugs, listen to the community's feedback based on the leaked footage they see, and give Atari/Eden LOTS of feedback. Make this game worth the wait for those who are still waiting.

The it's only a beta! excuse can only go so far guys. Hopeless optimism is just going to land you with added disappointment if it really is like this.

Maybe if they hadn't put so much effort into making The Sims Unlimited it wouldn't be so worrisome...

Well, it is true. Betas are for improvement, not for whining. As for the Sims Unlimited part, well I agree with you thur.