We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

calster17

Any way to download that on a PC and transfer it?

Will give the PS3 Proxy server app another go I think...

PS3 Proxy Server GUI | PS3-Hacks :: Hack your PlayStation 3

If anyone needs to download the 1.16GB Spec 2.0 update on a PC rather than direct to their PS3 using the PS3 ProxyServer app, then they can download the update here:

http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tppkg/np/BCES00569/BCES00569_T34/39dc1dc3216db024/EP9001-BCES00569_00-0000000000000000-A0200-V0100-PE.pkg?product=0089

Gotta love work's download speed :D

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VkLKIcZBjQI/TpP88F9EjRI/AAAAAAAAHvM/wcRWjI4p4jY/s639/Capture.png

Yes, that's MegaBYTES per second :yay:

Ok, So if I download this now .pkg file, How on earth am I going to install it on the PlayStation and make it work with my Gran Turismo??? And is it Legal to do it this way? Because the PlayStation is just to far from my router to get a good signal for downloading so I want to use my PC...

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PD gets the award for the most useless, unneeded and, for the most part, unwanted additions to a game ever. Bravo, PD. Bra-flipping-vo.

I was playing some GT5 today and I have to agree. I would rather they upgrade some of the standard cars to premium (Veyron?) rather than add a load of irrelevant race cars. There is also some right rubbish on GT5 too, like the DB9. 2005 DB9 -Premium- | 2003 DB9 -Standard-. Why?? The DB9 didn't even undergo a facelift between those dates!!!

I was playing some GT5 today and I have to agree. I would rather they upgrade some of the standard cars to premium (Veyron?) rather than add a load of irrelevant race cars. There is also some right rubbish on GT5 too, like the DB9. 2005 DB9 -Premium- | 2003 DB9 -Standard-. Why?? The DB9 didn't even undergo a facelift between those dates!!!

Well, they just put the PSP car list (which is pretty much the GT4 car list) into GT5 and then added the premiums on top, explaining the duplicated models but with different years (ie: 2005 BMW M5 (S) and 2008 BMW M5 (P) ).

there are lots of cars in gt like that . They are just duplicated to reach the 1000 number. Veyron and few other cars are imported straight from psp so I would imagine they need lots of work. And also I don't think it took any time for them to modify the cars that were already in the game and sell it for $8.

Ok, So if I download this now .pkg file, How on earth am I going to install it on the PlayStation and make it work with my Gran Turismo??? And is it Legal to do it this way? Because the PlayStation is just to far from my router to get a good signal for downloading so I want to use my PC...

Google is your friend, remember?

PS3 Proxy Tutorial

Spa is good but I have it in so many other games so I honestly don't care. I would've been more impressed if they picked the 50 best user-created tracks and gave those to everyone to use online.

Google is your friend, remember?

PS3 Proxy Tutorial

Spa is good but I have it in so many other games so I honestly don't care. I would've been more impressed if they picked the 50 best user-created tracks and gave those to everyone to use online.

Ok Thanks but that is WAAAY to much effort, I'd Rather just move the router closer for the night and let it update... Its a pity that PS3 doesn't really support updating games via PC, It would be cool to have the update stored to help my friends that don't have internet update there games...

They did that because DB9 was not supposed to be a premium car at the beggining, they improved it to premium. Same happens with Viper GTS and Ford GT and some others.

Beside that, the game is cool? :lol:

Ok Thanks but that is WAAAY to much effort, I'd Rather just move the router closer for the night and let it update... Its a pity that PS3 doesn't really support updating games via PC, It would be cool to have the update stored to help my friends that don't have internet update there games...

That's fine but our problems were slightly different. I just wanted to avoid downloading 1.2GB at home, so I grabbed it elsewhere, then used the proxy so that the PS3 grabbed the update from my PC instead of the Internet - it all worked a treat.

... and then I quit GT5 after trying out the Red Bull gift car to find that Steam is autoamtically trying to download a 2GB update for Portal 2, when I have already told it NOT to automatically update this game. As far as I can tell there isn't even a new update for the game (I've already got the DLC), so I was pretty annoyed at that. :fp:

That's fine but our problems were slightly different. I just wanted to avoid downloading 1.2GB at home, so I grabbed it elsewhere, then used the proxy so that the PS3 grabbed the update from my PC instead of the Internet - it all worked a treat.

... and then I quit GT5 after trying out the Red Bull gift car to find that Steam is autoamtically trying to download a 2GB update for Portal 2, when I have already told it NOT to automatically update this game. As far as I can tell there isn't even a new update for the game (I've already got the DLC), so I was pretty annoyed at that. :fp:

Are you talking about the Portal 2 DLC or GT5?

This all sucks a bit for me because I just got the game like a week ago and updated to V1.13 on Sunday the 9th of Oct. Then on Monday I start to enjoy all this online play... Next day all of a sudden... New update, V2.0... So now I gotta update AGAIN!!!! It sucks... I JUST WANA PLAY ONLINE!!! My poor CAP.

Someone should tell someone at Sony that we don't all have Uncaped internet to just keep updating games...

• 1 month later...

I need that karrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Unlock Exclusive Special Edition GT-R with New Time Trial Challenge -- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Starting at 12:01 AM PST on Monday November 21, Gran Turismo 5 players will be able to compete in a special Time Trial Challenge seasonal event, which will unlock a bonus car for use in other modes of the game.

The Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial Challenge takes place on a special Eifel Circuit 105A track designed by Polyphony Digital using the in-game Course Maker mode, and puts players behind the wheel of a Nissan GT-R (car is made available to users who do not have the car in their own garage).

What's more, players can unlock a very special Nissan GT-R for use just by competing in the event. Now is your chance to add a limited edition vehicle, featuring the same design as the Kyosho diecast GT-R Spec V that was available exclusively in the Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition (pictured above), to your collection of cars in Gran Turismo 5. After finishing the special time trial event, you will receive a message to redeem a car ticket at the "Car Delivery" truck on the My Home screen in order to unlock the vehicle and add it to your garage.

This special event will run for four weeks only.