We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

City Car Driving simulator (ex "3D Instructor")

Kivlov

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We're proud to inform you, that a standalone add-on for the "City Car Driving" car simulator, which has many new features will be released this spring!

What's new in add-on:

• 2 new locations: southern district (including courtyard) and mountainous area;
  • 2 new cars, which you can see on screenshots;
  • 11 training exercises with different difficulty level;
  • trams;
  • interactive detailed city map;
  • added opportunity to modify cars models;
  • random generation of license plate numbers;
  • detailed user's manual.

You can find more details about add-on for the "City Car Driving" simulator here or new screenshots here.

• 3 weeks later...

This game Coast only 18€, so I buyed it. There is some very very intersting things for a little team. Devs seems to be free to work on their game as they want.

V2.2 comming in spring show that this game is an endless developpement let us whish the better.

The physics are far to perfect but there is lot of car functions with its proper sound as a real handbrake, belt, headlights and beam lights, start engine, winker with sound and visual effect...

Comparated to TDU2 the traffic is awesome!! The glass have an Alpha (transparence) and you can see some details with random NPC inside (should be 1,2,3 or 4 inside). Car looks as real models as VW Golf. You can choose to ride with a full traffic make appear more than 100 cars into 1 screen with full effects, just awesome!!

The envirronnement is badder than TDU2 as we could guess, but quite good I think (except off road parts wich is reallly poor and not really immersive). Maybe the russian location is not so happyness as TDU can be with Ibiza and Hawaii :D

But if they continue to create a largest location like that, it will be fine for me.

The full traffic make the framerate a little bit slow, I think it come especially from the shader, cause it's better when I put out that (i7 , 9G ram and GTX580 OC).

There is one important thing making the game boring now : there is no goal! but V2.2 will have, so I hope it will be more fun.

There is 3 other things that could be the game fun :

- work more on the physics giving more pleasure to drive

- work more in the engine sound for better immersion and pleasure (and sometime I can't hear if the engine run or not)

- make a descent online with 16 players session or more. Maybe just a game session as GT5 and not a massive online as TDU2, which is not really cause always less than 8 players.

I think it's better to buy this game than waiting a TDU2 v1.0 patch, wich will never come cause Atari will not spend more money on some too expensive Ferrari licence in a buggy and dissaproved game where players should have better to drive only Veyron and Pagani (as I do, even i had better pleasure to ride classics in TDU1).

TDU2 is a game made with money gave in advance by Atari. Maybe there will some other car models already did in hope to robe us more money before comming mods. this is the usual method for all best seller game.

City Car Driving is just a little game by a little team free from its editor for and addon's price. If they get enough money, they will continue developpement and give the best for a game that they like as a player.

So I buyed this game as an investissement, for a team wich deserve it :D

Kivlov, please don't stop to work on City Car Driving and good luck for future!

I got it a while back and played it for about an hour with lots of traffic and spent most of my time stuck at a left-hand-turn (your equivalent of a right-hand-turn in Australia), where you have to cross over a lane. A few of the 'driving mistakes' that it alerted me to didn't make much sense either - possibly some bad programming there. I would've been happy to turn that feature off.

It didn't take long to get bored since (1) there's nothing to do, and (2), I already passed my driving test on the first go. If there's an update I'll probably give it another go. I've not played any car "game" that is as close to domestic driving as this simulator - the only problem now being that my real life car is quite fast compared to most others on the road and in this simulator, but that's my own fault. ;)

Online Multiplayer might be a bit beyond this team but there is potential to make it more of a game than a training excercise. Midtown Madness 4 perhaps? :p

• 4 weeks later...
A few of the 'driving mistakes' that it alerted me to didn't make much sense either - possibly some bad programming there. I would've been happy to turn that feature off.

You can turn this feature off in game options.

It didn't take long to get bored since (1) there's nothing to do, and (2), I already passed my driving test on the first go. If there's an update I'll probably give it another go. I've not played any car "game" that is as close to domestic driving as this simulator - the only problem now being that my real life car is quite fast compared to most others on the road and in this simulator, but that's my own fault. ;)

We will add interesting training missions in the add-on (v1.2). It will be released soon (in 1-2 weeks).

• 1 month later...

The "City Car Driving v1.2" has been released! A new version 1.2 is a standalone add-on for the "City Car Driving" car simulator, which has many important new features.

The "City Car Driving v1.2" contains all content of the "City Car Driving v1.0" plus new features, so the "City Car Driving v1.0" is not required to play the "City Car Driving v1.2".

What's new in version 1.2:

• 2 new locations: southern district (with narrow tangled courtyard) and mountainous area:

• southern district has wide streets with tramways, a lot of signaled and unsupervised crosswalks, narrow tangled courtyard with many parked cars;
    • mountainous area has narrow roads with considerable height drops.

[*]2 new cars, which you can see on screenshots:

Car-05S.jpgCar-06S.jpg

[*]11 driving missons. You can train your driving skills and start your own driver career performing 11 special driving missions with different difficulty level:

• driving school student;
    • beginner driver;
    • experienced driver.

[*]Trams. The virtual city has several tramways. Driver should be more careful near them.

[*]Interactive detailed city map. It will help you not to get lost in a big virtual city.

[*]Random generation of license plate numbers.

[*]Detailed user's manual.

You can find more details about add-on for the "City Car Driving" simulator here or new screenshots here.

Thanks for the update Kivlov

[+] The update costs $5 for owners of v1.0 - I'll probably pass unless I hear good feedback. v1.0 was only ok for me.

I guess, v1.2 should be more attractive for users - interesting missions and new peculiar locations. You already can read first feedbacks on our official forum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I love Russian driving games (with an exception 'Streets of Moscow' - terrible game). 3D simulator series is decent, but I'm not quite sure what would the reckless driving be like due to the poor physics.

It's software for learning how to drive, not to race.

What's the release time estimation? I know u never know it for sure, especially with Russian games. Many other driving games which were announced several years earlier never got to its release....like this one http://www.transporter-game.ru/

This game is also developing by us. But now its developing is frozen.

• 3 months later...

A free patch from v1.2 to v1.2.1 has been released! Many awesome changes! City Car Driving v1.2.2 now has all functionality and features like in its' russian version - 3D Instructor v2.2.7, including opportunity to add mods and third party cars to the game!

Patch 1.2.2 release!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :)

What's new in version 1.2.2:

Main changes:

• Mathematical model of car's engine has been modernized appreciably. Work of clutch and automatic transmission has been improved. All player cars have been tuned. As result - car behavior became more realistic.
  • Awesome optimization work has been done! The game perfomance in some exercises has been improved. Game loading became faster. Traffic AI has been optimized. Perfomance increment summary is from 5% to 25% (accroding to game settings and PC perfomance).
  • Added support of the Bodnar box device.
  • Added a new ability - players can change car models and even add their own cars now!
  • Added a new car - all-wheel drive military minibus!
  • Improved behavior of traffic cars - decreased number of car crashes with player car on crossings, while changing road lanes and from behind.
  • Fixed arrangement of cars on road - buses, trucks and other slow vehicles drives closer to the right side of the road.
  • Improved behavior of pedestrians - they don't cause solid traffic jams on pedestrian crossings anymore.
  • Improved navigator - the visualisation of roads became better and navigator shows the name of street now.
  • Improved user interface - scrolling of player cars and colors is available both forward and backwards. Added sound effects for main menu elements.
  • Added special colouration for several player cars.

Bug fixes and other changes:

• Calculation of penalty score is more accurate now.
  • Decreased the difficulty of some exercises.
  • Added checkup of lower beam correct triggering.
  • Fixed false detection of road rules violation in several cases.
  • Fixed some mistakes connected with road signs placement and traffic lights work.
  • Fixed rare game crashes in some exercises.
  • Fixed rare game crash in Windows XP.

• 5 months later...

Hello!

City Car Driving car simulator has been updated! A free patch to v1.2.3 has been released! New modding opportunity is available - changing sounds for user cars! Game perfomance optimization, bug fixes and other changes! Update now! http://citycardriving.com/news/43-50612

What's new in version 1.2.3:

• Added possibility of changing sounds for user cars.
  • Added support for simultaneous use of unlimited number of input devices (wheels, joysticks, gamepads, etc.).
  • Added feature: when you select the low graphics quality settings, the texture quality is also reduced (needed for a PC with a small amount of RAM).
  • Improved performance of redrawing minimap window.
  • Reduced the CPU peak load level for AI calculations.
  • Fixed bug caused performance decrease in graphics system.
  • Fixed bug caused memory leaks.
  • Fixed bug caused crash when booting the driving mode with an automatic transmission.
  • Fixed bug caused crash when using several game steering wheels (eg, Defender Forsage Drift GT).
  • Fixed bug "hovering" road signs.
  • Fixed incorrect rear sight rotation.
  • Fixed incorrect lighting on sidewalks.
  • Fixed incorrect night lighting on some village houses.
  • Fixed incorrect lighting on curbs (road borders).

• 2 months later...

A free patch from v1.2.3 to v1.2.4 has been released! Update now! The main new feature is the multilingual support! City Car Driving now supports: English, Deutch and French user interface! You can select the language during the game installation. In future we plan to add more languages. Also v1.2.4 contains a new player car! Update now!

What's new in version 1.2.4:

• Added a multilinguial support: English, Deutch and French user interface;
  • Added a new player car;
  • Fixed several bugs, which caused the game to crash;
  • Fixed several defects in level-design.

Greatly improved artificial intelligence and traffic rules control system:

• Traffic cars learned the U-turn at intersections;
  • Fixed "dead" traffic jams at intersections (due to the new traffic cars’ skill to move in reverse);
  • Traffic cars increasingly make way for the player with priority at intersections, properly pass one another (they less bump and less stand on the road unreasonably);
  • Quantity of cars and pedestrians now corresponds to the density of each area (also fixed large number of cars on the highway when traffic density is set to low);
  • Traffic cars acceleration and deceleration now matches the characteristics of real cars (fixed unnatural, sharp acceleration and deceleration);
  • Driving behavior of traffic cars is more satisfied to the selected type of traffic (calm, aggressive, etc.). This is reflected in the average speed (for example, when you select the aggressive behavior of traffic cars, they drive much faster in the left lane of the highway);
  • Traffic cars like to drive on the right side of the road (there’re more of them in right lanes of the road), and the traffic cars speed on left lanes of the road became much faster);
  • Traffic cars ceased to stop immediately, when an obstacle appears in front of them;
  • Traffic cars ceased to drive through intersections at red lights;
  • Reduced the number of traffic rules violations on roundabouts caused by traffic cars (for example, they ceased to turn left from the right lane).

Improved the behavior of traffic cars on roundabouts:

• Traffic cars increasingly make way for the player with priority on roundabouts;
  • Traffic cars less stand on the road unreasonably;
  • Fixed abnormally short lane changings (perpendicular to the lane) of traffic cars on roundabouts;
  • Now traffic cars switch on the turn signal on roundabouts according to following recommendations:

- If the traffic car drives off the roundabout in the first ramp: it drives in the roundabout and drives along the roundabout with the right turn signal;
    - If the traffic car needs to drive for about half of the roundabout: it drives in the roundabout and drives along the roundabout with none of turn signals;
    - If the traffic car needs to drive for almost the entire roundabout: it drives in the roundabout and drives along the roundabout with the left turn signal;
    - When the traffic car drives off the roundabout: it switches on the right turn signal.

You can find more details about this update here - Patch 1.2.4 released!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A free patch from v1.2.4 to v1.2.5 has been released! Update now! Added new player car, new languages and special service cars!

Patch 1.2.5 released!

What's new in version 1.2.5:

• Added new player car, similar to FIAT-500;
  • Added new languages support: Italian, Spanish, Portuguese;
  • Added new special service cars in traffic with rotating beacon and special siren, which have a major priority;
  • Fixed several level design issues.