We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Served the horrible Steve Pizzati today (All the Top Gear Australia viewers will know who I'm talking about) and I had to go that whole two minutes without saying the million things running through my head such as why the hell do you insist on filling up Australian television with rubbish every tuesday night and how on earth have you lasted three seasons! Arghh!

how did you do that

Like I said, I forgot about the daylight savings

Oh, you mean the auto-window-close thingo? If you have a speshul cable and software you can connect your PC to the car and enable a stash of extra hidden settings/features/tweaks. You could also try asking the Golf dealer to turn it on, but they're not always able or willing to. I think some Mk5 Golf's can do it too if they have rain-sensing wipers.

Took a quick video for you:

Shame the video didn't show me pouring the water as well.

[+] Here's another video I found:

I managed to enable a hidden feature on my car so that the windows automatically close when it rains when the car is locked, which has brightened up my day.

Hmm, does that mean they don't automatically close when you lock the car and it's not raining? Our '05 Octavia II automatically closes the windows a few seconds after locking it.

On a hot day at home I'd rather keep the windows open. There is a setting to auto-close the windows when I leave as well I believe. Plus, I can just hold the lock button on the remote to close all the windows while I'm walking away.

I'll let you get back to your tales of woe. :(

Just joking with you :)

I found that the best thing to do is laugh at yourself with others. Others then get no satisfaction out of your mistreatment and leave you alone. You have to stick with it though. Keep in mind that once you finish school, you'll probably never see your friends (or bullies) again, so just look forward towards that. Hope --> endurance --> joy.

It sounds like a tough situation and I would never try to undermine that but sadly your best hope of changing things is... you. You have to block it, you have to control your temper. These people are looking for a reaction, you react, they get what they're looking for. It's a philosophy I use when arguing with people, I never raise my voice or change tone instead remaining monotone throughout, I may well be hurt by what's said but I won't show it. This doesn't mean you should retract your emotions from everyone, just don't let those out to intimidate you see them.

You have a girlfriend if I am right, and a couple of friends. You have foundations there, work it and use them as a channel to mingle with more people. I would never say it was easy, far from it but with your effort plus any help you can get from superiors at school etc it may help you.. who knows.

thanks t you and ryzza are great people. I have tried for so long to control my temper it is really hard to do and I think I am starting to make some progress

Thanks. I can't account for Ryzza but I'm far from great haha.

Glad to hear you're starting to get somewhere, albeit slowly.