We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't manage to fix my car so it's now not got an MOT. :(

Apparently, the lack of a working switch system for my rear fog lights means that my car is not road worthy and can't be driven in sunny weather. We've only had 1 day where the fog has been bad enough to warrant using fog lights this winter! :mad:

Didn't manage to fix my car so it's now not got an MOT. :(

Apparently, the lack of a working switch system for my rear fog lights means that my car is not road worthy and can't be driven in sunny weather. We've only had 1 day where the fog has been bad enough to warrant using fog lights this winter! :mad:

How does that MOT work? You have a scheduled date and if you wont make it then you cant drive the car?

How does that MOT work? You have a scheduled date and if you wont make it then you cant drive the car?

Pretty much yea. You can renew it up to a month early and it lasts for another year.

I could only get mine booked in on the day my MOT ran out and the fog light problem happened the day before it ran out. Not enough time to fix it so now I can't drive it until I fix it sometime next week.

Pretty much yea. You can renew it up to a month early and it lasts for another year.

I could only get mine booked in on the day my MOT ran out and the fog light problem happened the day before it ran out. Not enough time to fix it so now I can't drive it until I fix it sometime next week.

But when you fail it can you pass it as soon as you fix the car?

On Thursday and Friday mornings I began to choke due to a lot of phlegm in throat that I have had since last week. The doctor prescribed me antibiotics and we had to buy an inhalator, so tonight I spent an hour sitting and inhaling. I'm afraid what is going to happen tomorrow morning.

Happens to me on occasion not that much now, instead of an hour it's the whole night for me struggling to breathe.

On another note just your typical bad day...don't often post on here because atm I'd be here everyday :lol: *cries*

• 5 weeks later...

3:45am, normal way home from work, come round a corner and there's a badger on the road, swerve to miss it and result of hitting rocks/ditch. Thankfully older cars have spare wheels, and I'm one of them guys who likes to make sure its in good condition.

[ATTACH]19902[/ATTACH]

As you can see, I'm getting a new alloy and tyre...

The rear one I could get away with repairing, but not sure on this one. Whole lip has been bent out & kinked. So to play it safe I'll just get a new one for the front.

Also could cost more to fix it than just to get new(£80 per alloy, no tyres.) but will see. Rolling 3 of one alloy and a single steel wheel just now :lol: May put the original alloys back on for a little while. Hopefully pop by one of the places in the weekend to get it looked over.