We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's something used only a couple of hours per week tops I'd still expect it to last longer than that. At least you can order order wheels freely over there, they only make a limited batch with Australian power plugs. I'd be writing back to them negotiating a better deal on a new wheel (discount some of the profit they make) with the 'threat' of switching to Thrustmaster.

So what wheels are you looking at now? Waiting for any of those new Clubsport rims?

If it's something used only a couple of hours per week tops I'd still expect it to last longer than that. At least you can order order wheels freely over there, they only make a limited batch with Australian power plugs. I'd be writing back to them negotiating a better deal on a new wheel (discount some of the profit they make) with the 'threat' of switching to Thrustmaster.

So what wheels are you looking at now? Waiting for any of those new Clubsport rims?

Yeah, and the way it broke was really odd (turned on, heard a loud snap during the startup phases and then it was broken, I have no idea how it happened...)

Probably just getting a new GT2 tbh, the rims themselves cost twice as much and I love the Porsche wheel :nods: I also have a compatible setup all ready to go once I get a new wheel.

You gotta keep the self-destruction mode turned off, man. :cheeky:

What Handy is it, by the way?

It fell down on the ledge of the glass on the top, otherwise it would be just a bump in the glass as it got gorilla glass.

All the top touch senses are not working anymore, same like the zero and the p on the middle right, that's why it's kinda difficult to write on tapatalk now. (Got to rotate the keyboard here and there to wirte properly)

Got the LG G2 now. Epic phone. Had an iPhone 5S a week before my LG, but it was a bit too hipster'ish for my taste.

Another bad thing happened today, my friends were running an unofficial open air festival, and after I came and drink two beer already, the police came after just a hour and crashed the party (eventhough the location was deep in the forrest, with just 5 houses around) So I had to carry the beer box with 14 bottles inside through the city the whole night. While I was drunk. My biceps burn like fire now, and I still got no idea how I burn my fingers. But a nice lady wanted to give me some coin money as she thought I was homeless (with my brandnew 13O€ Nike Jordans on my feet though :hmmm: )

Had two incidences this week where blocks of wood have been thrown in to the path of my car.

First time an ambulance was speeding down the middle of the road coming in the opposite direction with it's lights and sirens going. It picked up a long thin piece of wood from somewhere and sent the wood flying into the front driver's side tyre which has in turn damaged the sidewall of the tyre. I think the wood snapped in two at one point as I saw a piece of it fly up past my window. Not so bothered about this one because the tyre still holds pressure and will need replacing soon anyway.

Second time, following a van up a dual carriageway. Van pulls out to overtake a lorry, picks up a long thin piece of wood in lane two and sends it flying towards my car. Only just noticed today after inspecting the front of the car for the second time, now its not raining, that this piece of wood has damaged the front lower grill. Kind of glad it only damaged that and didn't go straight through in to the bottom of the radiator and fans, or even worse fly up and in through the windscreen, but annoying none-the-less.

No way of missing either pieces of wood, I don't tailgate, but both incidences happened so quickly there was barely any time to adjust the position of the car in the road to miss the wood.

Time to look out for a new grill I suppose.

Fall from skateboard, broke arm and leg and fracture my head.

damn just when i thought dropping a can of coke on the ground causing it to explode was annoying then i read this

i hope you get better soon man that must have hurt i would have cried like a little boy all the way to the doctor and back home xD

Thanks guys. That happened days ago, without anyone really knowing it on forum, so I decided to post it here. That was my first time on skateboard and my friend wanted to prank me, so everything went wrong and I fall. I'm such an idiot, right? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Was going well, got a phonecall about a job, had a phone interview, passed it, was good, then he emailed me a site where I had to complete a test, and I felt it went okay, but apparently I failed it and that's it. Things were going so well then life had to take a mighty crap all over it, just like always. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Worst day of my life.

I'm always super careful when on the road, I don't do dangerous maneuvers, and I always pay attention to every corner of my car and other people's cars.

Today, this one time I pay less attention...

I had been driving the BMW the whole afternoon, and I parked for 2 minutes. There was no one behind me when I parked, so when I departed I didn't pay attention and reversed into a car. I feel so STUPID, I really hate myself for this, because I strive to be perfect in EVERYTHING I do, and one time I let my guard down..things go wrong.

And since it's my dad's car it's his expense, why can't it happen with something that I own? Why can't my computer just fall down the first floor instead of this?

I hate myself, I hate this day.

Worst day of my life.

I'm always super careful when on the road, I don't do dangerous maneuvers, and I always pay attention to every corner of my car and other people's cars.

Today, this one time I pay less attention...

I had been driving the BMW the whole afternoon, and I parked for 2 minutes. There was no one behind me when I parked, so when I departed I didn't pay attention and reversed into a car. I feel so STUPID, I really hate myself for this, because I strive to be perfect in EVERYTHING I do, and one time I let my guard down..things go wrong.

And since it's my dad's car it's his expense, why can't it happen with something that I own? Why can't my computer just fall down the first floor instead of this?

I hate myself, I hate this day.

Know that feeling. Sorry to hear that, how big is the damage?

:( Damn sorry to hear. But don't fret too much about it, there are some (lots) of truly awful drivers out there, at least you feel bad for what you did and you're clearly aware, most drivers wouldn't give a crap and would just leave it. :shug:

It'll buff out won't it?

:( Damn sorry to hear. But don't fret too much about it, there are some (lots) of truly awful drivers out there, at least you feel bad for what you did and you're clearly aware, most drivers wouldn't give a crap and would just leave it. :shug:

It'll buff out won't it?

Eventually it will. Thanks guys, it makes me feel a bit better. I need to be easier with myself, the problem is I try too hard to be perfect in everything, then I don't expect to fail, and when I do, it feels like a piano fell on top of me.