We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

My grandfather has been quite ill the last few days and got admitted to hospital early yesterday morning (about 1am). Turns out he had got pneumonia like last time, but this time it was a lot worse. The sickening thing was the hospital prepared my nan/dad etc. for the worst saying there was nothing they could do and they were basically just letting him die, the consultant showed up and went completely mad at the hospital staff and got things moving along. His condition improved a bit over the day and he got moved to the ward where he was last time before he was allowed to go home. I went to see him along with my sister at 6:30PM yesterday and although he was sleeping, he looked a lot better. Go in to see how our nan is on the way home and she hasn't slept since Saturday night and is quite confused. Get home and go in the shower, come out of the shower and my dad says he's just had the phone call to say he's passed away.

Thanks for holding out so I could see you, I'll miss you old pal. Rest in peace.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have this subject on Uni, named "Project III". It's basically the teacher telling us to create and make projects out of nowhere. So, the class get together in a bunch of groups, with a maximum number of members. I joined the group of a few friends.

So, the whole semester was shared in 4 parts... part 1 was choose one of the 3 locations that teacher gave us, and do a research there, talk with people, get info and data about it, etc. Everyone helped in that part. Part 2, was draw a few sketches of our "product" for the area, and start to get a direction for the final one. Everyone helped in that one. Part 3, which is the current one is basically make a really simple physical model of it, of any material, and without right measures, just so we can get at least a material notion of it. (Can be done with paper) And also for part 3, we had to make a 3d model of it. Which i did all by myself, because my whole group doesn't really know how to use Solidworks.

Ok, i made the whole thing in 3D, with a lot of details as they are necessary. All the fitting parts, the supports, the bolts... everything. Then i've also took several renderings of it, and send either the 3D model and the renderings to everyone in the group.

They didn't like a few things, i re-made, and etc... now, today, few hours earlier, some member of the group starts to get mad at me, and said to me stop being "lazy", because all i did is what i wanted. :lol:

I am being lazy? All i did is what i wanted? Alright. I will do that now. I won't touch that 3D model anymore. Many things have to be done on it, but that is only for the part 4 of the whole semester. I want to see how well they will do in solidworks now that i won't do anything anymore. :lol:

That girl is lucky that she said that behind a computer.

Everyone will pass the subject. I don't want them to repeat the subject either. I just want to see which way this will go without me. I am sure it will go downhill. For part 4, teacher already told us to focus on the 3D model, like, really a lot. Make videos on solidworks and etc... i SO want to see them doing that. :lol:

Yeah I never really enjoyed team work at school, either end up doing most of the work anyway and appear to be a control freak, or end up with worse grades and remain friends.

A necessary evil as you need to be good at teamwork/projects if you go get a job in a corporate environment.

Without knowing anything about the situation, I'd advise to save the smacking and chair throwing until after the teamwork is finished and project submitted for assessment. ;) In group discussions, try to get them to be the ones to ask you to do 'what (they think) you want to do' and ensure they see the value of it and understand the associated workloads before you get started.

My luck lately is being really gone... today, i broke a car's window.

While coming home from the gym, a random guy, in a black Mercedes A200 passed by, put his arm out and tried to touch me. Not happy enough with that, he said things that i'd get banned from saying here in the forums. Still not being happy with that, he made his way around the block to repeat his actions... twice. Seen that, i changed my normal route and went to a more uncommon street. I already was so mad and scared that i grabbed a brick that i found on the ground and kept carrying it with me. This time, since i changed my way, he took longer to find me again, but he eventually did, and he came again, doing the same thing he was doing before.

This time all my anger and fear took over and i simply threw the brick toward his car, it destroyed his back window. After doing that i quite got in panic and thought: "This guy will come back and will kill me. Dumb Millena! Dumb!"

Luckly, the guy with a particular "family sticker" on his Mercedes got scared and did not come back. And no, i did not got his license plate noted down, i got so mad, ashamed, scared, uncomfortable that i didn't think about that at the moment.

:ill:

Ps. For those who doesn't know, a "family sticker" are those that people put their family members as stickers on the car, like this:

adesivo_familia_feliz.jpg

That's terrible Milli are you okay? It's a good thing you took action and it's even better it didn't escalate to something worse, if he's local maybe you can catch the plate and report him to the police?

I don't know, this city has 330.000 people living in here. Not many have black A200's, but still... not sure if i will see him again, and i seriously hope not.

And yes, i am ok... those things happens quite often, me breaking windows doesn't. I just couldn't handle it...

Edit: I seriously hope he get's the idea and not mess with any girl anymore. Not just me.

Wow Milli, that's pretty damn rough. There's a saying in my country that the worst accident you can have is the one with an idiot. Never heard of anything like that around here but a few years ago I was walking in the town with my sister and a random dude threw an egg at us. He didn't hit neither of us thankfully and didn't try it again. Dunno what made him to do that.

Glad you're okay Milli and that the butthole didn't do anything more to you. God bless his wife and kids if the sticker on his car says the truth. And also good luck with the project!

Thanks for the support, but the "flying kick to the head Milli" was actually pooping bricks with the situation, it was more like a self-defense instinct reaction. :lol:

It was a dumb and dangerous move, i should've got his license plate and called the police.

Wow Milli that's nasty. I'm glad you took action on him and that he got the lesson. I wish he has a good excuse for that window, and hey, you broke a Mercedes and you don't have to pay for the bill ;)

Regards from the southern neighbour

And i don't wish he has a good excuse for the window. I actually want him to have no excuse at all! But well, he sure will lie to people about it, and i think he won't stop doing those things either... someone who do that kind of stuff are just plain dumb.

Thanks for the support, but the "flying kick to the head Milli" was actually pooping bricks with the situation, it was more like a self-defense instinct reaction. :lol:

It was a dumb and dangerous move, i should have got his license plate and called the police.

And i don't wish he has a good excuse for the window. I actually want him to have no excuse at all! But well, he sure will lie to people about it, and i think he won't stop doing those things either... someone who do that kind of stuff are just plain dumb.

Well first of all, you are welcome ;)

Second, if police works the same way as it does here... Then don't worry anyways =/

And third, yep that's true, he'll surely lie I guess.