We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for compassion and understanding. Appreciate.

My grandmother already 3 day in hospital. yesterday i was there and condition was too bad. Today is a little better but she still have some bone pain. Me, father, sister and my mother don't tell her a real story. The final conclusion of medicals is 4 stage lung cancer. Of course we don't tell anything about this (We tell her lung inflammation). Me and my father transferred grandmother from hospital at home. Also because of the tumor (i don't know how to say this in english) 2 backbone passed in expectation.

Actually did not think that my grandmother have long life after this. But i want to be wrong. Sorry if i wrote some mistakes while typing.

2 days ago my grandmother suddenly became very bad at 12 o'clock. She had unimaginable pain. She could not stand up, sit or lie down, for this reason just stood idle in one place. This lasted until about 2 am. My sister and my father were scared because her pain is not reduced. Watching this scene my sister became nervous and exciting. She call my mother and me because we live in different house. Ask what to do in this situation (crying on phone). My father already call ambulance. They late about 40 minutes. When they come father tell them a short story about illness. Actually they can't help in this situation. They made two relaxing needle. One of the nurses was almost cried but she quickly took himself in hands. In morning i was there. My grandmother looked tired. Several times during our stay she felt bad, but she quickly relieved pain. For reduce pain we expended some needles. She sleeps 3 hours. After wake up in midday we talk a lot about different subjects. When i look at clock it was 2 pm. We all went to bed and sleep. Night was peaceful.

This morning i woke up and enter in room. In this moment she have no pain, but breathing gradually gets complicated. Movement and walk are also problematic. My sister and i help in this. We are happy that in this condition she can walk slowly. I'm another house and i must go there.

Huge thanks everyone for this kind words.

So! I've got a really bad week, and will share the history with you guys.

As i suspected back then in wednesday 18th, i indeed got dengue. But, what is dengue?

Dengue is a disease, very common on South America and i think, tropical places... it's a virus, transmitted by the mosquito "Aedes Aegypit". It's a very common mosquito like, that looks really small and harmless, it likes to breed on clean water and only carries the virus if it has already bitten someone with it. So, they do not born with the virus, they only spread it.

The dengue virus have 4 different types, being the classic dengue, the haemorrhagic dengue, the fulminant dengue and onether type that i don't know much, as it's very rare.

The classic dengue has as symptoms, strong headache, really high fever (Body temp around 39ºC/102ºF), red spots on your skin, body pain in many different parts, puking, etc... like a very strong flu.

Haemorrhagic, as the name says, makes you bleed through your nose, mouth, pee, poo and internally. It's a very, very dangerous dengue type. This happens because every dengue, classic and others, messes up with your blood platelets, it makes them drop, making the blood harder to clot.

The fulminant type, has a strong and fast action time, and it can kill. In matter of hours... bam, dead. Haemorrhagic can kill too, but it's not so quick.

How do you threat dengue? Basically... waiting the virus to complete it's cycle. Dengue doesn't have a cure, all you can do is manage the symptoms while they're happening, drink a lot of water, rest and hope for the best. The cycle lasts about 7 to 10 days to complete... so, yes... got dengue... brace yourself that you will have a rough week.

Ah, and once you've got dengue, you get immune to the type of dengue you got, so, in your entire life, you can only get dengue 4 times... and if you got the classic one, the chance of being any other is way bigger if you get it again.

In my case, i got the classic dengue, and also got all the docummented and not docummented symptoms possible; it all started at wednesday 18th, when i was at class, when i started to feel cold, strong headache, being hard to breathe... as some of you guys remember, i said it here that i fainted, went to hospital, they took my blood and etc... after that, i went to sleep.

Thursday 19th, i woke up completelly ruined, the fever was extremelly high, i couldn't move... because my whole body was in pain, the headache was extremelly strong, and basically that was my whole day... i couldn't eat anything, even though i tried. That day i told my father i was going back to my city, because i was definetly not ok. (Luckly, my friend was going to trip back, and she offered me a lift, but she would go back friday, 6pm.)

Friday 20th, i woke up a bit better... fever was still high, so there was still body pain... all the symptoms where still there, just not so strong like the day before, but, since i was taking paracetamol pills to control the body pain and the fever, it has messed up with my stomach and liver... so, i was feeling nausea the whole day. Survived untill 6pm, my friend arrived and we took off to the road. Trip was fine, and i arrived home.

Saturday 21st, went with my father to the hospital, to run some blood exams and a confirmation about if it is or not dengue. They took my blood wednesday, but i didn't went back to the hospital to check. This day i was feeling very ok compared to the other 2 days... but as a matter of life, i spent the whole day in the hospital, with people piercing my arm, trying to find a vein, taking blood and giving me "serum"? When the resuts came, yes... it's positive for dengue, and my platelets count was low. Normal is 150.000 to 400.000, mine was at 117.000.

Sunday 22nd, Was feeling like saturday's, so i went with my father to my uncle's house, as it was a birthday party for a cousin... everything normal, as expected, me taking these paracetamol pills, feeling nausea... everything "normal", in my dengue situation... passed the day, and when i arrive home, the fever went back, really high again, which has put me on bed for the rest of the day. In the midnight of sunday to monday, i went couple of times to bathroom to puke... and in one of these times, i noticed blood on my nose.

I thought: "No no no no... haemorrhagic no... no no". Since my body temp was really high, my mouth was really dry, i thought this could be because my body was dry, so, i cleaned it and went to sleep again.

Monday 23rd, the fever have got lower, and i felt similar of how i was friday... although, in the late night of monday to tuesday, again in the bathroom, my nose bleeding... again. I though that was not possible, i was feeling a bit better... how this would be possible? heamorrhagic should be strong bleeding, not just this bit, on the same side of the nose... then, i went to internet and started to look for it, and discovered that yes, it's normal people to have classic dengue get small nose bleedings. Few! Not haemorrhagic then... as i thought, that one is caracterized by strong non-stop bleeding.

Tuesday 24th, the fever has been gone, but now i had the red spots on my skin, and weirdly enough... my skin was very sensible, anything would make it hurt and my hands and feet were itching like hell... like, a lot. Again, goes Millena to the internet to see about this symptom... yes, that's also normal with people who got dengue... once the fever is gone, this allergic reaction happens. This day i went back to the hospital, to make another platelet exam, this time, it was even lower... at 81.000, and i was also a bit anemic. (No wonder, i wasn't eating properlly all these days)

Wednesday 25th, i started to get better, but stomach was still messed up because of paracetamol.

Thursday 26th, the symptoms were gone and i had a "normal" day... lol started to thought about trip back to my Uni's city and etc.

Friday 27th was a very normal day. The cycle of dengue was over, my stomach was recovered from paracetamol. And no, i have no idea how are my platelets now. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Today wasn't a great day...

Colleagues,

With the migration of DP servers to DU almost complete, I am sadly advising the business that Ryan's role will not be continuing. Ryan’s last day is this Friday 15 May.

The Ops team will advise what is planned to farewell Ryan.

Ryan began at DP in April 2007. After he completed his studies he soon became an established part of the IT support team fulfilling a myriad of duties which we have all experienced and greatly appreciated. We will miss his dry sense of humour, and quiet, confident presence.

Further details about ongoing support will be advised separately.

We all wish Ryan continuing success and the very best for his future.

Cheers guys. Not that concerned about what's beyond at this stage, but surprised at how tough it can be, maybe because I've been there so long and seen so many changes staff- and other-wise. 3rd of my life essentially. The worst is yet to come, farewell activities *shudders*

Today wasn't a great day...

Colleagues,

With the migration of DP servers to DU almost complete, I am sadly advising the business that Ryan's role will not be continuing. Ryan’s last day is this Friday 15 May.

The Ops team will advise what is planned to farewell Ryan.

Ryan began at DP in April 2007. After he completed his studies he soon became an established part of the IT support team fulfilling a myriad of duties which we have all experienced and greatly appreciated. We will miss his dry sense of humour, and quiet, confident presence.

Further details about ongoing support will be advised separately.

We all wish Ryan continuing success and the very best for his future.

I am so sorry to hear that man.. that's really... brutal. Please tell me they did not give you 5 days notice... that's insanely... poopy.

Have a :glomp:

Cheers guys. Not that concerned about what's beyond at this stage, but surprised at how tough it can be, maybe because I've been there so long and seen so many changes staff- and other-wise. 3rd of my life essentially. The worst is yet to come, farewell activities *shudders*

Farewell activities mean that you can drink an absurd amount and make a complete tool of yourself and it will still be acceptable!

Did I mention my old Corsair 240GB Force 3 SSD in my gaming PC just suddenly died last Saturday? :(

Good reason for the Samsung 850. :p