We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My grandmother died today. Since 23 march i look to many pain, witch increasing daily. During 2 month she was very bad condition. We use morphine for reduce pain but last 2 days this method doesn't help at all. Don't know what to say. I can't cry. I try but i can't, because i saw lot of pain in her eyes during this 2 month.

Diseases

- 4 stage cancer (lung cancer)

- Right foot necrosis

- Bone porous (backbone)

Last 2 days was the worst, because she can't talk with me and my family. Maybe it's sound to strange but i think it's a situation when it's better to dead than live. I'm at peace when i know that this awful pains will never bother her.

Rest in peace !

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Somewhere between 3000-5000 probably.

I can either rebuild it or replace it with a second hand one (if found). Replacing is marginally cheaper but not the best long term solution. Looking to see if I can convince a dealer to accept is as trade in (at a much lower value obviously) if I spend more on one of their cars instead of looking for something cheaper privately (I cbb selling mine privately any more). I have told the dealer principal that I've influenced family + friends to buy Golf's, some from his dealership. He seemed nice enough and asked me to bring it in for their own diagnosis but I reckon he's more curious to check it out rather than be of great assistance to me. Some have had 'good will' repairs performed for this common issue at reduced cost (free parts, pay for labour).

The best financial outcome I can imagine is pushing for a ~$1800 good will repair then sell privately for a low ball price. We've got a 'spare' Mk4 Golf 1.6 Manual in the driveway I can use (my sister used to own it before buying her Mk7) + I've got the motorbike.

Thanks for the bro hug.

Cracked ringland is more likely to happen when modifying a car, especially when you are putting more boost in, more air = more fuel = more heat = more piston ring expansion, and unless you increase the gap in your rings they will butt together and then push apart which cracks the ringland, Motor Trend's Engine Masters showed this when they put a bunch of nitrous through a stock engine, a lot more likely to happen with nitrous, but can still happen when increasing boost, especially if the engine was originally N/A.