We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Eden getting Hardcore again with TDU2

Eudemon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, all !

I can assume google translation is pretty good ;)

We don't know exactly how things will be lead by eden, and if we will be able to disclose certain things about it... but you can be sure those are really great news. The Core team will do its best I gurarantee :)

... damn, I'll have to stop modding tools to save time :p ...

;363913']That depends on how the game was made - sometimes the general physics behavior can have their values changed (in the pursuit of trial and error), and other times its all set in stone.

-Leadfoot

I think they adjust the gravity, look at GTA, if you change the gravity you get more slippery and understeering cars too, and when you jump, you will fly longer.

None the less, this is good news :taz:

god that is the first post post I have seen from skepsis in ages

haha As though I'm a celebrity or something, who cares?:lol:;)

Anyways, I was hoping for something like this, because in my mind, I love cars, how they handle, how they sound, how they make you feel, so IMO the most important and fundamental part of any driving game should be the feel of the car, and that means handling(and force feedback through the steering wheel), realistic sound(instantly exciting you and reminding you what is it that you're driving) and of course, good graphical representation of the car and surroundings(including proper cockpit view and head movements for further immersion).

So far, I think the graphics are good enough(although I'm not sure about the cockpit view feel, because I haven't tried it yet, but I remeber from the first game, the view was too narrow(FOV) and movements were lagging constantly as though you're drunk in game or something, so I ended up always using the bonnet view sadly), the sound(from youtube beta videos) seems to be marginally better than the first game(but I have to try it for myself, so I'll reserve judgment, although I noticed sound loops and all the samples weren't stellar in quality, but we'll see), and that leaves the handling, which(again, judging by those videos) seems pretty arcadey and unrealistic, much like the normal mode from the first game.(super cornering and braking powers, which are maybe fine to some casual gamer for 5min, but it kills the fun and challenge of actually mastering every car and its distinctive handling for everyone else, actually interested in cars and driving)

So basically, inclusion of the HC mode(FROM THE START, NOT AS SOME STUPID BONUS AT THE END OF THE GAME WITH NO ABILITY TO TAKE CHALLENGES AND RACES AND PROGRESS THROUGH THE GAME FROM START TO THE END) is a great thing, because they don't have to choose anymore to have some arcade/sim mix which no one is truly happy with, but have a CHOICE at the BEGINNING, what kind of game do you want to play, arcade/normal mode for the casual types more interested in social aspects and goofing around and HC mode for everyone else who actually appreciates all these cars and everything that goes with them, and for whom, all these extra stuff thrown in the game is just that, extra.

/rant mode off :D

I will happily put my trust in Djey and the other selected members of the team to make a grand job of this.:thumbsup:

After the amount of work done in TDU1 to make it better for the rest of us, who else could they have asked...?

Apart from Ryzza, Me, Doob, Pogo, CFC.... :)

AWESOOOOOOOME!! :thumbsup:

Thing is I think, in games with realistic physics engines you can feel the car's behaviour more easily through visual and auditory senses and also FFB, so it's actually easier to drive once you get the hang of it.

Personally I find it kind of hard to countersteer in TDU1 due to lack of sensory outputs.

I'm reaaally hoping Atari will get it (reasonably) right!!! :D

They won't be able to say anything, I was even surprised to see them say this.

I wasn't, not seeing their beta topics are available to everybody to read which is also odd since the rest gets reported and banned for that.

I'm still not seeing the use of making a Hardcore handling when the base is not finetuned enough.