We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear: TDU2 Oahu/Ibiza

ScoobSTi

Top Gear Oahu/Ibiza

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx20/ScoobSTi/GFX/tg.jpg

Hello all! I've recently been inspired to create a TDU2 club by a video I saw on this forum. It was a while back, but this is the video.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview

So basically, what we will do and what will happen on the show is/are:

1) Review the cars of TDU2

2) We will go on big journeys! For example, season 14's trek for the best road: the Transfăgărăşan highway. But for TDU2 an episode idea would be the best car to drift the Kelekole Pass, have Mellors in our reasonably priced car, do the news, and show the rest of the Kelekole Pass film.

3) Film each episode at a dedicated "Top Gear: TDU2" airport/track + studio (maybe somewhere in a member's home)

4) Crack some jokes!

5) Put a star in our reasonably priced car! (A star would be a member of TDUCk or just any member we choose on popular TDU/TDU2 dedicated forums/clubs. For example, a star to put on our show would be Diablo :cheeky:. Reasonably priced car would be a tuned low price car, for example, a Honda Civic. Or something similar.)

6) Have a Stig on our show!

7) Have a camera crew! We will need people to sign up for the club to be part of the camera crew, which is a very important job! (More details below)

8) Do the news, if any. (TDU2 news)

9) Follow all TG traditions/rules/"brotherhood"

WARNING

- OUR MISSION is to create films for the enjoyment of the public.

- THIS WILL be a very large club. DO NOT join if you don't think you're capable of the position you are looking for. This is very serious.

Jobs

Job Openings

1. Ibiza host
  2. Ibiza host
  3. Ibiza host
  4. Ibiza host
  5. Oahu host
  6. Oahu host
  7. Oahu host
  8. Oahu host
  9. Camera car driver
  10. Camera car passenger cam
  11. Camera car passenger cam #2 (if possible)
  12. Ibiza host #1 camera passenger cam
  13. Ibiza host #2 camera passenger cam
  14. Ibiza host #3 camera passenger cam
  15. Ibiza host #4 camera passenger cam
  16. Oahu host #1 camera passenger cam
  17. Oahu host #2 camera passenger cam
  18. Oahu host #3 camera passenger cam
  19. Oahu host #4 camera passenger cam
  20. Producer
  21. Assistant producer
  22. Video editor
  23. Video editor #2
  24. Video editor #3 (if possible)
  25. Video editor #4 (if possible)
  26. Ibiza Stig
  27. Oahu Stig
  28. Audio guy/girl
  29. Audio guy/girl #2
  30. Audio guy/girl #3
  31. Audio guy/girl #4

Job Descriptions

1-4) Ibiza host for TG:TDU2 Ibiza

5-8) Oahu host for TG:TDU2 Oahu

9) Drives the camera crew car.

10-11) Sits in the passenger seat of the camera crew car. During filming, these members will turn off the HUD and will film gameplay.

12-15) Each camera-man sits in the passenger seat of each Ibiza host. You will turn off all HUD and will film the driver (host).

16-19) Each camera-man sits in the passenger seat of each Oahu host. You will turn off all HUD and will film the driver (host).

20) Produces the show for viewing.

21) Assist the producer?

22-25) MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY. You are required to take the film from each camera-man and edit it for the show. Note that later on, more video editor slots will be available, to take off some of the load of work.

26) Skilled driver to play the role of Ibiza's very own Stig. You will do all you can to conceal your identity.

27) Skilled driver to play the role of Oahu's very own Stig. You will do all you can to conceal your identity.

(I am not sure if two Stigs are necessary at the time.)

28-31) Takes audio files from hosts and implements them into the show.

Show Information

Season Info

A typical TG:TDU2 season will have 4 episodes, each about 10-20 minutes long. We may be a large club but, for now, this will be the timing. Off season starts after we upload the 4th episode and will last about a month. Once again, the game did not come out yet and we did not make any videos so I am not sure about the seasons and episodes. This will be updated eventually.

Vacation

Yes, you saw right. Vacation. As a very large club, we will go on very large cruises/races when the season ends. We will just have fun and enjoy being the epic club that we will grow to be. This club will be somewhat mostly for work. The rest is for cooling off, chilling and having fun!

Star In Our Reasonably Priced Car

Like I mentioned above, the star could be anyone that we choose, and that is willing to be on our show, respectively. We can't and won't allow anyone to come on down. No hard feelings and we are sorry if you are not chosen.

Our reasonably priced car will be a cheap 4 door sedan. It will be tuned if it can be tuned to optimize performance by a bit.

Star Lap Times Board/Stig Lap Times Board

Yesss, we will have one as well! Since we obviously can't write funny names and times on strips of paper and stick them on a marble slab in the game, it... well I don't know. Yet.

Camera Crew

You guys have a big responsibility, but probably the same as everyone else will on the show.

Show Hosts

The hosts of the show will be chosen by me and maybe by a second admin, if I find one. We know almost everyone of you will want to be a host, but to be fair, the hosts will be members of different rankings from different forums. For example: TDUC, TDU2.fr, TDU2online.com, MSM, etc.

Hosts will also have a big job. You will have to record your review using a mic if you have one.

TG:TDU2 Forum

Forum

For now, we do not have a forum for the club. We will have one up and running eventually. On our forum, we will have this same list in a thread, as well as a place to send in resumes/applications.

Yes, I know this club seems huge and crazy. Once the game comes out, unfortunately we might have to cut some people out to make the shows seem a bit more "practical". Or, an easier solution, the club could be split into two clubs. One stationed in Oahu, and one stationed in Ibiza. I think we'd be better off splitting into two, but for now, I'd just like to see what people think.

Wow, I beat Ryzza here! :D

I have practice in editing and can edit videos in an entertaining manner (as in, the videos are entertaining) - see the Car of the Month Videos - as well as music integration (in my opinion, the most important aspect of post-production). I also have experience creating interesting "scenes" to for the cars; even in something like the dialogue-less COTM vids, the story is key - and I noticed you don't have a writer or a director. If it suits you, I would be willing to write/possibly direct (see below) the script and visuals. After all, as much as we'd like to believe TG just makes it up as they go along, they don't.

However, I'm short on time at the moment and have more or less moved on from video games (though not CGI). If there is decent material to work with (or create), I would be willing to help with advising or assisting, on occasion, with writing/directing and editing. I suppose you could call that a producer/advisor of sorts. :)

TDU2 would be a beautiful game to work with, but given the time restraints, the material would have to be solid for me to take part.

EDIT: Caterhams and Loti make great camera cars. Just sayin'. ;)

-Leadfoot

;364191']Wow, I beat Ryzza here! :D

I have practice in editing and can edit videos in an entertaining manner (as in, the videos are entertaining) - see the Car of the Month Videos - as well as music integration (in my opinion, the most important aspect of post-production). I also have experience creating interesting "scenes" to for the cars; even in something like the dialogue-less COTM vids, the story is key - and I noticed you don't have a writer or a director. If it suits you, I would be willing to write/possibly direct (see below) the script and visuals. After all, as much as we'd like to believe TG just makes it up as they go along, they don't.

However, I'm short on time at the moment and have more or less moved on from video games (though not CGI). If there is decent material to work with (or create), I would be willing to help with advising or assisting, on occasion, with writing/directing and editing. I suppose you could call that a producer/advisor of sorts. :)

TDU2 would be a beautiful game to work with, but given the time restraints, the material would have to be solid for me to take part.

EDIT: Caterhams and Loti make great camera cars. Just sayin'. ;)

-Leadfoot

Ah I see. Hopefully when the game comes out, we'll actually know how to develop the shows in a clearer way. But for right now, it's just a list that will need to be updated eventually.

I also thought about a script writer originally, but I then I thought it might not be necessary. But, now I do, because if the script writer takes the hosts' opinions on a car and modifies it, it might be a more powerful script of describing the hosts' feelings of a car.

Wow, Leadfoot beat me here. Thanks for the kudos Scoob.

In my experience, the best camera cars are either:

1) The same car as the one being filmed (so the engine noise is the same)

2) A fast car with auto transmission with the sound file removed (so you don't hear your own engine.

Scripts are a multi-person affair. One person comes up with an idea and posts it. Each writer then goes away and expands on it privately, and then everyone comes back in a day or two to collaborate and pick the best ideas. Google Docs is a good place for doing this.

People who are filming should have near identical setups (i.e. should all be able to film at the same resolution, same FPS, using the same software (i.e. Fraps), and be competent at video editing. You're best just having one or two cameramen at the most. It just means you have to do each shot one at a time. It takes a little bit longer, but the quality is better and more consistent. You also don't have to upload/download loads of pre-edited film. If you're filming a timed SIARPC lap, film each corner one thing at a time, and then once you've filmed everything get them to do their own flying lap (not filmed) with the stopwatch out.

I can help out in any role but won't dedicate myself to anything just yet since I'm shorter on time nowadays compared to when Leadfoot and I made all those SFCPD moves a few years ago. I still have one that I haven't finished from earlier this year. I'm happy to be an admin if you require further help/experience.

If you've got any ideas, write them down somewhere. I've got a bunch of online hidden stuff for writing and devloping ideas, so if you prefer not to bother creating your own stuff, you're welcome to join that site. Leadfoot willing, you might wish to become part of 'Speed Car Productions' and we'll work on it together.

2) A fast car with auto transmission with the sound file removed (so you don't hear your own engine.

Scripts are a multi-person affair. One person comes up with an idea and posts it. Each writer then goes away and expands on it privately, and then everyone comes back in a day or two to collaborate and pick the best ideas. Google Docs is a good place for doing this.

People who are filming should have near identical setups (i.e. should all be able to film at the same resolution, same FPS, using the same software (i.e. Fraps), and be competent at video editing. You're best just having one or two cameramen at the most. It just means you have to do each shot one at a time. It takes a little bit longer, but the quality is better and more consistent. You also don't have to upload/download loads of pre-edited film. If you're filming a timed SIARPC lap, film each corner one thing at a time, and then once you've filmed everything get them to do their own flying lap (not filmed) with the stopwatch out.

I can help out in any role but won't dedicate myself to anything just yet since I'm shorter on time nowadays compared to when Leadfoot and I made all those SFCPD moves a few years ago. I still have one that I haven't finished from earlier this year. I'm happy to be an admin if you require further help/experience.

If you've got any ideas, write them down somewhere. I've got a bunch of online hidden stuff for writing and devloping ideas, so if you prefer not to bother creating your own stuff, you're welcome to join that site. Leadfoot willing, you might wish to become part of 'Speed Car Productions' and we'll work on it together.

This is a good resource - well-put, Ryzza. :) I would be happy to brainstorm scripts on Google Docs as well, and to welcome you into SCP.

So I guess Ryzza and I both have less time than before, but I hope I speak for both of us when I say we'd like to help out as much as we can. :)

-Leadfoot

This sounds really cool, nice initiative.

I would love to be part of this (I think I would prefer to drive the camera car, if I am invited to participate at all).

I suggest having multiple persons for at least this job though, since you can't always be online. It makes sense not to have 5 different video editors or something like that, but for this particular job it makes sense to me.

Also I think the camera car drivers should be able to choose their car themselves based on their personal preference since they have to be good, consistent and reliable with the car (keep up behind the roadtest car on twisty roads etc).

Also, I propose the hosts should have distinctive looks compared to the average TDU2 model. Something like one host wearing an afro if there is one, so you can tell immediately who it is.

If you're filming a timed SIARPC lap, film each corner one thing at a time, and then once you've filmed everything get them to do their own flying lap (not filmed) with the stopwatch out.

Yeah, that sounds like a good way of handling that part. Except maybe film a characteristic corner on the timed lap (like gambon where some stars go wide and across the grass before the finish line).

I agree with having a race test and choose the fastest person to be The Stig. Maybe also have Stig's Cousin for Offroad cars or whatever.

Has anything like this been done before?

Besides myself and others who have done similar (remaking actual TG reviews), no, although we have discussed similar ideas to yours but decided to wait for TDU2.

I can recommend someone as the Stig (starts with D) but won't say who here in case you want to keep their identitiy a secret (besides those from the old Euro forums who know exactly who I'm talking about) :)

Has anything like this been done before?

Probably not, seeing as TDU2 has not been released yet.

What would the producer have to do? I am quite interested in that job. If I cannot fulfill the criteria for that position, could then I be an Ibiza host?

EDIT:

I read what the producer has to do, but could someone please explain it further?

;364336']This is a good resource - well-put, Ryzza. :) I would be happy to brainstorm scripts on Google Docs as well, and to welcome you into SCP.

So I guess Ryzza and I both have less time than before, but I hope I speak for both of us when I say we'd like to help out as much as we can. :)

-Leadfoot

You two have lots of experience in this, and it's very clear from watching the videos from SCP. You guys are really creative and you know how to develop shows using multiple software, so I'd like both of you to become part of the team!

I feel like I should split the club into two, one for Ibiza and one for Oahu. I'll also need an admin to run TG: Oahu, since I'll be running TG: Ibiza.

I can recommend someone as the Stig (starts with D) but won't say who here in case you want to keep their identitiy a secret (besides those from the old Euro forums who know exactly who I'm talking about) :)

I think I know what your talking about - having lost to... it quite a few times myself. :)

EDIT: Stay tuned for further developments. ;)

-Leadfoot

As I will be playing TDU2 on the X360, I could be a video editor if thats possible. I'd somehow like to be in but without the PC version it could be difficult.

E: I see leadfoot has already taken the spot. nvm. :)

Things change over the course of a few months - positions will probably remain open as things are being discussed. I'm sure Scoob will keep you in mind. :)

-Leadfoot

As I will be playing TDU2 on the X360, I could be a video editor if thats possible. I'd somehow like to be in but without the PC version it could be difficult.

E: I see leadfoot has already taken the spot. nvm. :)

Well no, you could still have a spot in that job, because what Leadfoot said is true. Over time we'll see how it goes but for now, not everything is definite. We'll just have to wait a bit more.

I could be one of those writer persons. As I watch a lot of Top Gear and I am quite enthusiastic with cars, I could think about the car tests, trips to somewhere and etc.

Do we have a deal? ;)