We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Graphics Optimizer??

jesuswasblack

If you're looking to smooth out your framerate, you can rename the folder that contains the leaves, birds, and trash so they won't be shown blowing around, as well as finding the Weather file and turning ALL of the Wind speed options to zero. If your PC doesn't have to recalculate the windspeed every time you enter a new region, it can dedicate power to something else and run that much smoother.

You can also try turning down model detail, texture detail, and shadow resolution, and HDR lighting.

Basically if you're running low end hardware, making the game look like crap will make it run much smoother.

Do you mean something like ENB series? There is an ENB series mod on this forum somewhere (it's kinda old, so you'll have to sift around before you find it :)). However, there is a much better reflections mod on another forum that really enhances TDU's graphics. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give a direct link, but it's at TDU Forums.

Do you mean something like ENB series? There is an ENB series mod on this forum somewhere (it's kinda old, so you'll have to sift around before you find it :)). However, there is a much better reflections mod on another forum that really enhances TDU's graphics. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give a direct link, but it's at TDU Forums.

Ah, the one from TurboLag, right? I'm using it now and I'm loving it!

could you give me a link to the 1.0 hd patch?

killalldude @ no i mean more like a software for TDU that lets me diable shadows, shaders, increase or decrease texture filtering, enable or diable blur, more advanced ghaphic options like a graphics tweaker :D

ENB series doesn't disable any options that are in the game already.. it can only improve, enhance those graphics that any game has even further but doesnt disable them :S

nvm i found the hd patch but thats not quite what i'm looking for^^^^

thanks though :)

could you give me a link to the 1.0 hd patch?

killalldude @ no i mean more like a software for TDU that lets me diable shadows, shaders, increase or decrease texture filtering, enable or diable blur, more advanced ghaphic options like a graphics tweaker :D

ENB series doesn't disable any options that are in the game already.. it can only improve, enhance those graphics that any game has even further but doesnt disable them :S

nvm i found the hd patch but thats not quite what i'm looking for^^^^

thanks though :)

Well there are blur options, but that's probably not what you want? And maybe check your graphics card control panel if you have one. Like nVidia's control panel, ATi Catalyst's control panel, etc. That might have some useful tweaks for you to use.

thats weird that there is no graphics tweaker made for this game yet.. pretty much every game has their own made by fans since NVIDIA and ATI doesn't really give us the option to optimize such things as, overbirght bloom, blur, HDR, shadows, shaders and so on... just the basic graphic cards control so it doesnt go over it's limit and kill some serious FPS

though its great :D i got more FPS by deleting radial.cdb... really lagging my TDU and optimizing my graphic settings which don't do much but it helped :D thanks for all your help :)

how do i enable/disable blur? i don't see that obtion anywhere :S

Hi. Theres not much you can do to TDU atleast without hurting its graphics. Setting the level of detail to low will reduce the amount of trees and stuff and will make it lock wors without real performance improvment. Disabling the wind may give u a boost altough i failed to see it, removing dirt and stuff dont know how much would affect the video card but you can try. One of the best thing that you cand do is try other video drivers, especialy older ones 2007-2008 could improve the framerate. Another thing, search google gor GameBooster 1.6 (2.0 is payware now) and give it a try, it may help.

@ jesus what does radial.cdb do ingame?

Hi. Theres not much you can do to TDU atleast without hurting its graphics. Setting the level of detail to low will reduce the amount of trees and stuff and will make it lock wors without real performance improvment. Disabling the wind may give u a boost altough i failed to see it, removing dirt and stuff dont know how much would affect the video card but you can try. One of the best thing that you cand do is try other video drivers, especialy older ones 2007-2008 could improve the framerate. Another thing, search google gor GameBooster 1.6 (2.0 is payware now) and give it a try, it may help.

@ jesus what does radial.cdb do ingame?

it makes a cache file of a game loaded with the game's gata, it keeps growing and growing over time, I guess you could call it a video game's cookies just like window's %temp% forlder radial.cdb is just as bad

as it keeps growing its a wonderful FPS killer so it should be deleted every couple of weeks or so.. aslo the file is meant to be kept untouched so its well hidden but there are certain tools around google that can remove the file no problem :bunny:

trust me.. even if you had a super computer i think it should be noticeable

crashes, random freeze points, sound lag, HDD working harder than usual during your game time ect

so it should be removed as many times as possible.. aslo if you don't over a period of time it can corrupt your TDU profile over a freeze point and you'd have to play the game all over again... and we all know its not that simple

• 2 weeks later...

@jesuswasblack thx for the info. It seems im experiencing a huge problem but its not from that thing. My game died, at least the fps did, so now i play normal 1-2 minutes than mi fps becomes constant 4 fps/s and thats it for my game. Reinstalled remade profile i think this is my TDU end i really dont know what the hell to do anymore

@jesuswasblack thx for the info. It seems im experiencing a huge problem but its not from that thing. My game died, at least the fps did, so now i play normal 1-2 minutes than mi fps becomes constant 4 fps/s and thats it for my game. Reinstalled remade profile i think this is my TDU end i really dont know what the hell to do anymore

Defrag your harddrive, install the latest drivers for your videocard, and make sure you check the harddrive for any errors before the defrag.

Make sure the only stuff running in the background before you start the game is stuff you actually need, turn off everything else.

Also it might be time to open up your PC and blow everything off with a can of compressed air, especially the heatsinks on the CPU, the ram, and the videocard.

• 1 year later...

Heya, i notice the thread is kinda old but, i had exactly the same problem. If you have the same problem again, and i guess that was the case even if you would have bought a brand new pc, don't change anything with your pc. It's NOT THAT. It's pretty simple. Go to your foldersettings in windows unhide all data including subfolders, go to documents and settings/ALL USERS/applicationdata . There should be a folder "Test Drive Unlimited" in there is a file called "CDKey". It stores the key you typed in at very start of the game. Delete it, then start game. It will ask you to to type the key in again. This proves again that you are the real owner of your CD. That you've bought it dammed :-) . Game told me for months that i use a savecopy cd and should use the original cd. But i am using the original. If you use a megapack, ( reactivate it again ) this could be a problem too if you use a green pepper version. The hole game is in there including the megapack. So if you choose to install both AFTER having the normal tdu removed before and keeping your ip adress of the pc, this will fail, because tdu servers now got two different registrationcodes from ONE pc. The game will work, but they won't let you go online. So ONLY ad the megapack to the single released game. What helped with the suddendly 4 fps was the program "radialx" for me. I ONLY start the game with the file "radialx.exe" renamed to "test drive unlimited.exe" , mind the big and small letters as i didn't here. I think the tdu servers noticed your MANUAL deletion of the radialx file and you got banned from them. Thats what people told me when i was ingame with my 4fps and asked for help. The program Radialx can be easily downloaded, it is free and so on. Starting the game through this program every time should solve the problem. The autoinstaller for carmods is also a problem when there are physics modifications included or showroom names changed. The physics change is cheating and the namechange indicates a physics change. Since i noticed that the server are able to detect this way installed mods, i only install them manually and for cars i never used the mod and play installer tool from DJey again, since i got banned for without knowing installing a cheating physics with it.

But with for example weather mods this works ok. See what i mean ? In this case "make backup of all your files" is not enough to warn people using the installer installing the hole package of the mods. Me and you know now, but all the people getting told to defrag or format their pc, do not. A pc is not only for games. It stores a big part of personality. But the addiction to a game influences this worth. They let you online to fullfill what stands on the gamecover but brake your profile down to 4fps to show you who is the boss. Wich makes you feel small and unwanted. Dammed iam an adult that payed for a game and wants to play it. And i did not only buy it once that is for sure. 3 PC versions ( one cd stopped service ) bought a 3rd if that happens again + the green pepper version in addition because of the megapack within. So that is 4 for the pc. + Ps2 and PSP.

See this is again 4 different registration codes for one ip adress ( mine ). They MUST think of me using a crack with stolen codes. But.

You can imagine what I think when game tells me to use the original and not a copied cd. No you can't :-) .

Installer that works great for other modded things is the autoinstaller by "TheDuck38" . It is for all kind of mods you want to put in the game with only a few clicks. You decide what mod you want to be installed. And there is too ( like in DJeys installer ) a restoring function. I recomment to only use exterior interior and the soundmods for the cars. This never caused a problem using DJey's magicmap ( thats a basic need for mods ). It allowes you to put files into the game that are bigger than the original files.

Hope i could help.

• 7 years later...
On 11/15/2010 at 7:39 AM, Kurgan777 said:

If you're looking to smooth out your framerate, you can rename the folder that contains the leaves, birds, and trash so they won't be shown blowing around, as well as finding the Weather file and turning ALL of the Wind speed options to zero. If your PC doesn't have to recalculate the windspeed every time you enter a new region, it can dedicate power to something else and run that much smoother.

You can also try turning down model detail, texture detail, and shadow resolution, and HDR lighting.

Basically if you're running low end hardware, making the game look like crap will make it run much smoother.

How exactly do you turn down model detail, texture detail and shadow resolution? You never explained how to do it.