We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Shift 2: Unleashed

hpluls

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shift isn't NFS supposedly, Shift is it's own thing now though I guess it gets released in NFS's release zone. Umm yeah anyway it will have the FIA GT1 and FIA GT3 cars and tracks with B already confirming Bathurst and Spa though Shift already had Spa it's still nice to know.

I liked the first one as well even though it was geared more toward a sim style.

I have always said to all my gamer contacts since it's release, that it could of stood on it's own right being released as simply 'SHIFT' without the NFS title it would have been fine.

Saw this video today as well, I'll be watching an will probably get it sometime on or after it's release.

On the consoles the game was nothing like a sim really. Maybe they've fixed that but when my Carrera GT started bouncing on Spa like it was like something out of a 90's rap vid. No way, that bit got toed!

This is something that was in Gamereactor actually. Apparently they have fixed a lot of things that were frowned upon in the first Shift. :p

I had Diablo's Bouncing thing in my Works Modified GT-R (1999) On Spa especially too, a patch fixed that though.

Shift looked absolutely gorgeous and the cars sounded even better, but as a driving game, it was pants. Like the others above, I also really hated how much the cars bounced about (Eau Rouge in a Carrera GT was impossible - I gave up and simply straightlined it by going on the grass), not to mention the driving physics in general. Oh and drifting. And the best part is, I don't even own the game :rolleyes:

It was okay, I expected much more.. personally I'd rather see more additional content for awhile in hot pursuit, such as more cars, races, and map expansions. In addition, I'd rather buy Gran Turismo to race on a track, not a NFS game... I'd like to see another exotic car street racer like HP in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
It was okay, I expected much more.. personally I'd rather see more additional content for awhile in hot pursuit, such as more cars, races, and map expansions. In addition, I'd rather buy Gran Turismo to race on a track, not a NFS game... I'd like to see another exotic car street racer like HP in the future.

Shift isn't handled by Criterion, so I suppose we'll get those great DLCs Criterion usually come up with...unless they've already started work on Burnout 6.

• 4 weeks later...