We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official Car List Revealed on Facebook

Who

What do you think of the Carlist?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Carlist?

• It's grrrrrrreat!
    • It's ok, could have been better though
    • It's *meh*
    • It's really disappointing :(
    • I'm cancelling my order/not buying/waiting till after release

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me want to say: ATARI, I am disappoint.

The first TDU had a fairly good car list, and the megapack made it better...

TDU2s isn't even halfway decent. It lacks at least half of the cars from the first TDU.

Really, it seems as if ATARI made the decision to cut content and release a mediocre

car list and maybe (if I'm right) release it in a DLC pack just to get more money off of us.

I'm not even talking about the Lambos... they left out the '90s classics TDU had, where's

the XJ220, Ferrari F50, anyone? Hell, there is no Corvettes, we've got Chevrolet but no modern

Corvette?

And who needs a VW Beetle if there are no cars which match its performance? Beetle

only races?

Out of Intrest, The lis was showen on Facebook was't it? Whos to say that it is't just a small batch? Sort of doing wht NFS did?

Start an official list with X ammout of cars, add to it every so often untill the release of the game?

I mean whats there is stuff we allreday knew about? So it could Hopefully happen?:ill:

Them making DLCs with the cars we want is only half the story, making the DLCs that actually work is the other half. TDU DLC #6 anyone? :lol: (I think it was #6 anyway).

I don't think this is bad enough for people to cancel orders, afterall TDU2 does bring a lot to the table that TDU didn't.

Compare the list in this thread with this: TDUc TDU2 Unofficial Car List - Test Drive Unlimited: Central And you'll see cars that they've appeared to show in the PR run-up that haven't actually made it, whether it's due to licensing or they're holding them for DLC i'm not sure.

Makes me want to say: Eden, I am disappoint.

The first TDU had a fairly good car list, and the megapack made it better...

TDU2s isn't even halfway decent. It lacks at least half of the cars from the first TDU.

Really, it seems as if ATARI made the decision to cut content and release a mediocre

car list and maybe (if I'm right) release it in a DLC pack just to get more money off of us.

I'm not even talking about the Lambos... they left out the '90s classics TDU had, where's

the XJ220, Ferrari F50, anyone? Hell, there is no Corvettes, we've got Chevrolet but no modern

Corvette?

And who needs a VW Beetle if there are no cars which match its performance? Beetle

only races?

Dont blame Eden Games, its not Eden who own the wallet, it's Atari, and if cars that you wanted are not here, it's just because licences were too expensive or because Atari doesnt wanted to put a lot of money to get some great cars:(

Concerning the DLC it's the same, the game cost XXXXX for X years, se they need their money back and fast.

A game like this take more than one year and 1 million copies to get money from it(and maybe more)

Them making DLCs with the cars we want is only half the story, making the DLCs that actually work is the other half. TDU DLC #6 anyone? :lol: (I think it was #6 anyway).

That was the pack that never made it to the Megapack while it had one or 2 of the most requested cars: Diablo GT and Audi A4 DTM.

Also just found out the Challenge Stradale is not on the list...

That was the pack that never made it to the Megapack while it had one or 2 of the most requested cars: Diablo GT and Audi A4 DTM.

Yes but Mike is more referring to the fact that it broke the X360 version of TDU if you owned a Pontiac GTO. Not that people especially wanted those cars.

I'm curious about the 360 Challenge Stradale...it wasn't in Gran Turismo either...is something going on with that car now with licensing? I was hoping for that.

I'm pretty annoyed with the car list myself, at the same time, I find it hard to believe that this is the full official car list. I'm inclined to say this might just be half of it or 3/4's. Why would you remove the Saleens, the McLaren F1, the Lamborghini's and whatnot. It makes no sense to take out your best models. Lamborghini also isn't a licensing issue because they give it to everyone.

That said, Nissan GT R34 didn't get in? The Mercedes SL65 AMG? Really? That sounds fishy.. I'm sure there's something odd, perhaps if they hit the mark of 50k it would have been the full list revealed and not half of it?

I also expect there's going to be a lot of download content support then, I'll hold my anger and judgement till more news is heard.

Edit:

"The first vehicle close ups are now available at TDU2 Facebook. Feast your eyes on Part 1 ." - This was a comment on Facebook. If this is true, then I was right, it is just (at most) half of it, which makes a lot more sense.

I'm inclined to say this might just be half of it or 3/4's.

I'd hope so, but that bold Vince guy always kept saying the TDU2 carcount is about the same as TDU1's. As it looks now we'll get lucky if we'll get more cars through DLC, I don't think they're joking this is the final list for the box-release.

The Mercedes SL65 AMG?

When was this one shown or hinted at, can't remember this one... If it would be, I'd be wishing for the 2009 or the Black Series, nobody wants the outdated non-facelifted barge.

I don't understand this. No Corvettes? Every single (every one (yes, all of them)) new car game has at least one Corvette in. There are things that seem to be missing and they don't make sense at all, like the S5S Raptor someone mentioned.

I'm not terribly sorry about Lamborghini, I would've wanted a stock Murciélago and a stock Gallardo, but we would've had all the different versions of them and I don't care much about any of those anyway. I like the oddballs though, like the Beetle and 2CV, good for when you want a break from all the supercars that are seen in every single game nowadays.

I think this isn't the full list. Too many cars we saw aren't in.

I hope and kinda think you're right.

I'd hope so, but that bold Vince guy always kept saying the TDU2 carcount is about the same as TDU1's. As it looks now we'll get lucky if we'll get more cars through DLC, I don't think they're joking this is the final list for the box-release.

When was this one shown or hinted at, can't remember this one... If it would be, I'd be wishing for the 2009 or the Black Series, nobody wants the outdated non-facelifted barge.

Wasn't, my point was in a game this small to not port notable cars from the first to the second makes no sense. I merely listed cars that were in the first list but didn't show up. It's a moot point now given that it appears that this isn't the full list.

The thing is though TDU car count at the end of the game was 135 I believe, so even then we're still missing about 30 - 40 cars, it makes no sense. Yeah, TDU 1 released with 90, and this is at 101, but you wouldn't knock out that many cars to put in what we got to fill an extra ten spaces. It's nonsensical.

Test drive unlimited 2 site is offline what is going to happen? ahhhhhhhh everybody take cover

And remember not only has the entire TDU2.com domain most likely been flooded with bad reactions,

The TDU2 website and forums are down for scheduled maintenance, which was announced a few days ago.

On topic, this doesn't look like a part-list, in that they've included quite a range from the entire alphabet. I can't image there are many licensing issues with lambo, given other VAG marques are in the game no problem, so it's probably a DLC option in the future.

Disappointed that some of my favourite cars from TDU aren't there, but at the same time I'm sure I'll find new ones that weren't in TDU that I'll love. Especially looking forward to the:

Mito

Atom

Ascari A10

AM one-77

Gumpert Apollo

and RUFs!

Lamborghini and Maserati in from the start is mandatory for a proper game in the racing/driving genre, so many people want them, especially Lambo.

I seriously find it a very very bad move if this is the final list for the box-release and they don't include Lambo in it. And it's not just bad for the missing stuff, imo it's also horrible as I earlier said for those two cars that would go faster with a goat in front of them, and the whole load on Zonda's and Veyrons that could easily settle with half of them.