We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official Car List Revealed on Facebook

Who

What do you think of the Carlist?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Carlist?

• It's grrrrrrreat!
    • It's ok, could have been better though
    • It's *meh*
    • It's really disappointing :(
    • I'm cancelling my order/not buying/waiting till after release

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how half the people on the TDU2 forums are either trolling, or don't know what they're talking about.

Example:

Well since the game is coming out on February,we have already December,and no word no picture of any Lamborghini yet.

Maybe they will put them with fake names just like they did with Porsche in the previous game.(that sucked).

... anyone else upset Bentley and Lexus aren't included? Or Pontiac? Particularly for the GTO and G8..

I am (especially at the G8!). Rolls Royce, Bentley, the big super luxuries should, I mean must, be in this game.

no Lambo = FAIL

no Maserati = FAIL

no Rapide = well you know now

no Jags... I could keep going on...

Not enough SUVs, and no Jeep :ill:

IMO - Not enough muscle cars, and why the hell are they bothering with throwing in the Charger when the new one is coming out in 2011!?!?! They should've just put the Chally instead. Why are their V6 versions of the Camaro? And what happened to the 'Vette and Viper? The 300C?

tbh, I voted 'meh' because this game does have some great hyper/super/sports cars and a nice collection of cars from the 50-80k price range. I'm not thoroughly impressed by this list and I have a strong feeling that there must be more to it. If not, they've done a half-arsed job of getting this game together.

Not enough SUVs, and no Jeep :ill:

IMO - Not enough muscle cars, and why the hell are they bothering with throwing in the Charger when the new one is coming out in 2011!?!?! They should've just put the Chally instead. Why are their V6 versions of the Camaro? And what happened to the 'Vette and Viper? The 300C?

finally someone who noticed the lack of muscle cars and chrysler products

it would've been an awesome game to launch/showcase the gorgeous new charger, 300, and grand cherokee, always DLC i guess

and have no idea why there is no vette that is one car that has probubly been in every game ever made.... but not in TDU2:confused: BTW there is a viper only the hardtop version tho:oook: not like it would've been that hard to take off the roof and make it a convertible

all I say is that they either better pick up their pants and straighten out the car list in the next month or have a ton of REALLY good DLC with lots of variety

so's at EA have gone and got sole rights to it >:|

No.. they have not done that.

can't please everyone??

currently of the 89 folk that have voted above only one is pleased (i suspect that one might be a joke).

It loathes me but, I agree with this.

See Atari, look and what you've done to us!!!! ><

ZOMG Double post fail... the shame. Someone fix me please. :chewy:

I get the confirmation: No Lamborghini, it's sure. Lamborghini refused for the money and the game.
I heard that Lamborghini wanted the same sort of money as Ferrari and basically Atari said no.

Bit stupid considering Ferrari and/or Lamborghini can actually sell a game on their own. Maybe they don't feel it's worth risking and will wait and see how sales of the game go itself and if good will then pay up and put them in. Which is stupid as tbh the risk of putting them in far outweighs the risk of keeping them out imo.

I heard that Lamborghini wanted the same sort of money as Ferrari and basically Atari said no.

Are you saying that Ferrari was offered more than Lamborghini initally?

Someone fix me please. :chewy:

Can't you delete your posts? I'm pretty sure it's possible these days ;)

Ferrari aren't cheap, they are usually the most expensive to acquire due to their history and following. Lamborghini are in many ways equal to them however Ferrari will always probably come out with a slight lead in any 'ask 100 people which they prefer poll' and thus they are always the ones preferred. If Lamborghini wanted the same as what Ferrari got then perhaps that is asking a bit over their head but if it was under then I still think they [Atari] have made a gross error in not getting them and you may find the Lambo contingent jumping over to NFS HP or a sharp rise in sales of MCLA. :lol:

Remember this is just hearsay, nothing official.

If that's true, then I'm almost willing to pay to give the Test Drive series to a new publisher. It shows they just went for short term success by only looking at saving development money instead of putting a quality product.

Seriously it's a joke. We could easily settle with 3 Veyrons and Zonda's instead of 5, and just half of the Ferrari list, then you have plenty of room and money left for Lambo's.

If they add online free roam to HP I'll re-install it.

One of my earlier fears was that the cost of Ferrari could have been a factor in the limited selection of manufactures, shame that they eat up so much budget. In all honesty though the hype behind this game (up until yesterday) has been mad, it was flying up pre order charts, getting respect from typically difficult crowds such as the Kotaku commenters and even my FPS junkie friends were up for getting TDU2. With a bit more investment this could/would have been huge. Whether these additional cars come later isn't really material, great for us but the initial crowd will have been reduced.

You'd be surprised how many people love Corvette's, actually you probably wouldn't but I was lol.

Can't you delete your posts? I'm pretty sure it's possible these days

Yeah I can but it still leaves a notice saying the post was deleted I think. Just looks tidier merged. \o/

Honestly, it's not the end of the world that Lambo isn't in it. Surely I think it was within their rights to ask as much as Ferrari because they are a company which is just as special. But I think that just because a few cars mightn't show up in the game, it's not a complete pre-order throw away. I know it's Lamborghini but it's not the be-all and end-all of the game.

Don't get me wrong... I'm just as upset as you guys but it's not worth throwing away your preorder or getting all worked up if certain cars aren't in the game. In no way am I trying to defend Atari because they're stupid and annoying.

I guess with all the car games that have come out recently, and that are coming out next year, they could afford to increase their price.

Wasn't Eugene and/or Todd a massive Lambo fan - must be devastated :p

iirc, there was a thread on the TDU2.com forums asking users which island they would spend most time on.

iirc, most people voted for O'ahu (at least after completing a fair chunk of the game)

TDU1 has Lambo's

TDU1 has O'ahu

TDU1 (arguably) has better physics

I'm not overly concerned.

When I look at the car list for TDU2 though, I get the feeling that most of those cars would be a good addition to the TDU1 car-list, instead of being 'the' car list.

the only thing i can think off about the lack off cars is that theyre waiting for the new models to come out. theres a new cls, cl, s class mercs coming out at the beginning of next year among others, so maybe they might release a few more for dlc. im gutted theres no maserati granturismo or merc sl63.