We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

I'm not expecting this thread to be as popular as the Bad Day thread, but that's no excuse to be pesemistic - so if anything good happens that you want to share - you now have a spot (besides the chatbox) :)

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANKOOOO!!

I was actually thinking about this the other day, because good days are awesome :D

Today: I woke up. This itself is brilliant, because I usually sleep in till whatever time :lol:

Also, might be going to the pub later for a pint before New Years, depending if Spongie feels better anyway.

And last of all, I HAVE PEAR DROPS. Simple things amuse simple minds.

:hello:

I will be the limited contribution and for a change I'm not being negative. Yay.

Guy came and looked at the Golf and there was no need to kill him. Late 20s, early 30s in age, had a family and looked quite sensible, also knew his way around the car and said he'd owned six Sciroccos and two Golfs before. He also didn't look like a chav or a regular at Halfrauds. Looks can always be deceiving though. Time will tell, and if he actually buys it or not. At least if he buys it I can keep an eye on it and stick the Vs up at him if I drive past him and he's gone all Barry's Boy on it.

Could've been worse. I was expecting some 22 year old chav to show up saying "Alreet mayte, propa car innit, I've 'ad two of dees, I crashed me first one n den cut da springs on da suspenshun on me last one tha propa mucked it up liyk."

Good news.

It's sunny so I'm going to wash my car to finally get all the dirt and crap left from the snow off it. Infact, where's that car washing thread, I might do a before and after thing even though my car still looks scruffy even when it's clean and it's basically silver so it doesn't show up dirt that well.

Also did an insurance quote for if I'd passed my driving test and it came back as £1077 which is £700 less than I was quoted for the same details last year. It might seem a lot but looking at what some people have to fork out for car insurance on lesser cars at my age or even a few years older I think it's a pretty darn good quote.

Not long until the Furby vRS will be muchos affordable for me :D

• 2 weeks later...

The plans are coming together nicely.

Me and my sister have been planning a suprise 50th birthday party for my dad and it's tonight. He's just left thinking he's going to a party for one of his girlfriend's relatives parties (that isn't actually happening) which he didn't seem too happy about and so I don't think he's caught on that he's having a party yet.

Should be plain sailing from now on :p

Pretty sure that Xbox refunded me the full $80 for the 12 month subscription even though they only hand out refunds to people who call within 30 days of the renewal (which i didn't). So I'm pretty happy with that. I'm at peace with Xbox once again... Thanks Ryzza and Mells

Day/week, whatever :p

The Dee-Tub is getting sorted out this week, thought I'd have to wait quite a while for the 'friend of a friend' to be able to come and help fit the parts but turns out he's free this weekend so that's good. Qualified Peugeot Mechanic, that'll do nicely.

It's the Wyedean Rally this weekend too. It's an event I look forward to going to every year, it'll give me chance to stretch my camera's legs for the first time in a few months as well.

Oh, and Test Drive Unlimited 2 is out this week.

Double post. Therefore I am the happiest person on the forums :p

Car got (mostly) sorted out today. New water-pump and timing belt and crankshaft pulley went on, the car no longer sounds like a bag of nails (as far as diesels go). It's a lot quieter though and it's something that can be put to the back of my mind now.

See the "Had a Bad Day?" thread for second half of the story. Herp derp.

• 2 weeks later...

Triple-Post. Carrying on my "Happy-Person" status in this thread :p

Applied for some jobs. Got a reply from one asking me to fill in a questionaire and also saying I had a good chance of getting an interview within an hour of me sending the original email. It's work from home and part-time for now while the company sets up an office in the town I live in so it's a result even if I did have to walk to work, it's not far at all.

Also got the chance to put my car inside the garage out of the rain today. My dad's staying at his partners house so the Alfa's out and the DeeTub is off the drive and into the garage along with the Skoda for a change. My current car and hopefully my next car parked next to each other :)

Skoda's rear tyres are on the limiters as I discovered on Monday when I washed it. Scared my dad because he said "Oh no, it'll be fine for me to drive it" and I said "I suspect the police will have a different point of view if you haven't got proof you're on your way to getting the tyres changed". He hasn't driven it this week :p

• 3 weeks later...

Quad-Post Extravaganza. Cowabunga!

Had a phone call today inviting me to an interview, just a shame I missed it and they left a voice mail :rolleyes:

They also sent me an email inviting me to the interview which is apparently at 1:15AM. Someone's obviously still half asleep from the weekend.. I hope :oook:

I'm more concerned about getting there now rather than the interview itself :p