We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went for a second interview (for the same job) today and thought I royally screwed it up when I got asked how I'd deal with a certain type of situation and I gave what I thought was the most retarded answer ever.

Don't know what I did but they phoned up at 4:50PM and offered me the job. I start on the 4th April :D

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers, y0.

Serviced my car yesterday. New air filter, oil filter, fuel filter and oil.

All that's left to do is swap the driver-side front wheel for one of the spares I have because the tread is getting low and the tyre's wearing quite quickly on the outside and then sort out one of the belt tensioners which is seized up and then she should be sorted... mechanically.

Went for my first proper bike ride in... a number of years today. Did better than I expected and I'm obviously fitter than I thought I was, which is strange because the last time I went on a bike ride it was with Mistermojo and I basically died.

Might take it up as a different hobby to sitting on a computer doing sod-all, but not in a serious "MUST GET FIT" sort of way. Just to keep me oot 'n' aboot.

Met a guy who's a DJ at parties today and also claims to have seen many UFOs over the last decade or so. He also claims to know that crop-circles are made by people who wish to attract UFOs by using the weird designs you sometimes see and completely denies crop-circles being created by UFOs which have landed, he apparently knows quite a few people who make the crop circles including one that appeared in a field near to me about 6 months ago.

He also claims to have seen an E.T. of which he could describe in quite a lot of detail but the mental image generated in my mind made me question myself as to whether I should believe the guy or not. He described it as "Absolutely the most horrible thing I've seen in my entire life. It was covered in spikes like a hedge-hog and also had no face, but had two piercing blue dots which I presumed to be the being's eyes and it also hovered above the ground despite having limbs which looked a lot like legs. Once I'd got my mind around what I could possibly be stood infront of I put my hand out and was about to greet it before it shot off up into the sky in a blink of an eye".

I must add, though, that he did look like a 1970s Hippie and didn't look like the sort of guy who gets out of the house a lot and neither did he look like he was a stranger to illegal substances. But, saying that, it was interesting enough listening to him anyway. He even has his own website which he claims has 100% real photographs, unedited, of some of the things he's seen although he can't say the same about the videos which are not his.

Met a guy who's a DJ at parties today and also claims to have seen many UFOs over the last decade or so. He also claims to know that crop-circles are made by people who wish to attract UFOs by using the weird designs you sometimes see and completely denies crop-circles being created by UFOs which have landed, he apparently knows quite a few people who make the crop circles including one that appeared in a field near to me about 6 months ago.

He also claims to have seen an E.T. of which he could describe in quite a lot of detail but the mental image generated in my mind made me question myself as to whether I should believe the guy or not.

I must add, though, that he did look like a 1970s Hippie and didn't look like the sort of guy who gets out of the house a lot and neither did he look like he'd be a stranger to illegal substances. But, saying that, it was interesting enough listening to him anyway. He even has his own website which he claims has 100% real photographs, unedited of some of the things he's seen although he can't say the same about the videos which are not his.

Total ROFL. He sounds brilliant. I wanna hi-5 him.

I've been out for about 11 hours on the motorbike with Spongie today. Only came home for a 3 hour break! Didn't cover many miles, but it was so much fun :D

• 2 weeks later...

GoPro camera arrived on Tuesday which works well (just need to find a codec/plugin for Sony Vegas).

Went for a good drive (despite the rain) yesterday.

Saw a Citroen Belingo on the way to work this morning (didn't realise those things were in Australia).

Just downloaded some new nVidia drivers which allegedly will improve gaming performance by 13%

I wish I could improve my gaming performance just by downloading new drivers :p

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday after my last class of the week day, my dad decided to try out his new fishing equipment down at the river in my downtown city. I decided to drive down there to see what was going on. After that, we got on the freeway and both of us were racing to see who would get home first. Weaving through light to mild traffic. I haven't felt this much fun in years. My dad was on my @ss and I floored it more. I was in a 97 Ford Ranger, he was in his 00 Mustang v6. With the help of the traffic a bit and the assumption that he was letting me go ahead, I came home first. :) Obviously a stock Ranger can't beat a Mustang.

I know this was wrong to do, but this thread is called "Had a Good Day?"..... I indeed had a good day.

Definately. Things that make you feel good (regardless of how illegal it is!)

Day's been alright so far. Got to built two PC's that arrived at the shop, took in about £500 of work (which is a lot for a small shop) and it's friday so no work tomorrow :D

So, it's Friday 13th. BUUHHHHH SUPERSTITIONS INNIT. Ah well, I got paid, haven't been this rich in... forever.

Also overtook an inferior BMW 525i in the D-Torks earlier. Put him in his place*

*he may not have been giving the car all it had but he got overtaken ;)