We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

330d is booked in for swirl-flap removal tomorrow so that will be one less thing to worry about. Then I've just got to put the new air filter, pollen filter, fuel filter and EGR thermostat in.

Also got the Wyedean Rally here today, I've got no-one to go with this year and it keeps bucketing it down with rain at random intervals so I'm still undecided if I'm going yet, plus the walk through the woods to the stage will be a nightmare due to all of the rain we've had recently. The stage I normally watch the rally at doesn't start until 13:35 as it's the last stage this year for some reason, so I've got a couple of hours to decide.

Finished work for nine days now, pretty much the last of my holiday entitlement until the new holiday year starts in April.

Also got word that the work I've been having done to the 330d is now finished. Swirl flaps gone, manifold gaskets renewed, new pollen filter and air filter and EGR thermostat. Apparently the fuel filter and crankcase breather were pretty much brand new so I've got some more spare parts on top of the worn gear knob. Oil and oil filter was done as part of the deal when I bought the car.

Ordered some Bilt Hamber anti-corrosion wax during the week which is now here so next week will involve me jacking the car up and cleaning the wheel arches to apply the anti-corrosion wax. Then I can just drive the thing until the ditch-finders send me into a hedge backwards :p

Spent about an hour cleaning one of the rear wheel arches on the 330d so I could then apply my newly acquired Bilt Hamber Dynax S-50 anti-corrosion stuff. Looking to get all of the arches done this week as well as hopefully being able to get the car spruced up a bit more with some cleaning products I've got coming this week as well.

Not as much dirt in the arch lip as I was expecting, but unfortunately my fingers seemed more able at scooping what dirt there was out of the arch lip than a wheel brush so my fingers took a beating today. Hopefully it should stop the arches from rusting out though.

I could only do one arch as the 306 decided to be the immovable object of the day by having a nearly flat battery and didn't want to allow me more garage space, but she's on charge now.

Had school from 11am untill 12.30pm, on the way home seen 3 BMW i8's in a row, weather was EPIC so I decide to go out, my friend came over and picked me up with his GT-R, we drove on the german Autobahn 300 km/h, where we met a famous german musician with his C63 E507 and we drove a quick race with him, then through the city, we were spotted in the center and I have everything on tape.

Epic day :D

Waiting for a video of you driving the M550d in Sport+ mode. :evil:

Won't happen :D I don't really want to risk more than I should.

Been driving the caddy the whole day, it drives and goes great^^

Also drove the flatbed mazda e2200 my parents' company owns, it's kinda fun and it's also a gym because no power steering hahah

Drove the BMW today for the first time :D

But my mum was in panic "because it's not a toy, blablablablabla", so she asked to be dropped off at home.

It drives really nice from what I got to experience, the steering is great, smooth and very precise.

It also doesn't give a crap about corners, no body roll xD

I did what my father considered to be impossible, get a fuel consumption average (circa 50km driven) of under 10.5.

I got 8.3L/100km, but I had to drive with a very light foot, respecting speed limits (50-60km/h).

It's also impossible to keep it at those speeds with your foot on the throttle so you have to get to 60...let go for a bit..then re apply. It just keeps on gaining speed with the slightest touch.

I don't know if the computers change throttle sensitivity when the car's going uphill, but it literally gave no crap about going on a steep road, barely touching throttle it kept on going as if it were nothing.

I enjoyed it a lot, such a great and comfy experience, once I have enough experience with the car and feel enough confidence for such, I might try sport mode :)

I'm happy!