We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you enjoyed it Patchy!

But you should have drove it as if it was a rental car. ;)

One day I'll try it on the highway :cheeky:

Eh tom, good idea! It's easy to keep it at a steady speed once you get used to the idea of not pressing the throttle for some time. In eco pro you can do it easily, but in Comfort it just keeps going faster. First time I looked at speedo, thinking I was doing 60 or so...80km/h..ooooooops!

Steve Pizatti (the TopGear Australia host and chief Audi Australia trainer) has said I can skip the first Audi 'Advanced Driving Experience' course (driving A- and Q-series cars) and jump to the Performance Day course (driving S-series cars) since I've completed the 2 VW courses. Scheduled to occur at Phillip Island towards the end of May.

Hopefully they've got the new S3 there (will make for a good (albeit expensive) test drive) along with the no-doubt more powerful S-class cars in their range. From there the next course up is in the Audi R8 or you can side-step into the New Zealand snow-driving course. Sorry Harley, you have to be over 25 to join in. :nnnn:

I started the day by breaking up with Cassie, since it seemed like the best idea to me, my best friend, and Patch. Not exactly great. In fact pretty terrible. But then I went to my SkillsUSA district competition and got this shiny thing for advertising design. My medal is the only people I need in my life <3

http://i.imgur.com/bJxIApm.jpg

Congrats on the medal mate! Shiinyyy!

Also as I've told you, I hope my words didn't influence you, as I don't know either you or her. I told you several times to act based on your instinct and not what I or other people said, so that you don't regret your actions. So I really hope you broke up with her because you really knew to yourself that it was the best thing to do, and not because I and your best friend thought so :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had my first taster of off-roading/green-laning today. Went out with my step-dad in his Land Rover Series 2 for a quick spin, but he ended up wanting to see what his new mud tyres could do. Most entrances to the forest here are blocked off to vehicles with large metal barriers, but a way around one of them had been created by someone in the past at some point by going over a substantial mound next to the barrier. Spent the next 40 minutes confusing people as to how we'd managed to get an old Land Rover quite a way in to the forest. I took the driver's seat after 20 minutes and spent the next 20 minutes driving down boggy/muddy dis-used tracks for vehicles and going up inclines I didn't think were possible to climb, but obviously the new tyres are doing their job.

Had a laugh when we came across some young kids on mini-scrambler bikes that you often hear tearing around the forest. They thought we were the forestry commission because there are never usually vehicles in the woods apart from forestry commission vehicles so as they saw us coming around a corner they pretty much dropped their mini-scrambler's and legged it until they saw us laughing at them.

Problem is I now want a Land Rover as a second vehicle :lol:

Today is a good day...

Got to leave college early, not a big deal you may think but considering my college is 150+ miles away from home it means I could head back up North much earlier, on a near empty train.

Also got to look at my letters(since staying away from home the past week, got a little backlog) and not only has the V5 document for the Cappuccino arrived, a letter from my work informing me of a pay rise, a good one at that, which is always great! :D

on top of that I passed the two exams I had this week at college, which means I've not much to care for untill next time!