We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

Ok, this a mostly good day story with a little bad mixed in. What was good was that I got to see all my friends at school. Then I got home and my new iPad had come in the mail. The bad stuff (which I'm too lazy to post in the bad day thread) includes experiencing earthquakes consistently since yesterday (some pretty big ones too 5.5 on the richter scale at some points) and dealing with stupid parents who sit in the middle of the STUDENT parking lot getting in my way, which led to lots of honking. Today was more about the good stuff though.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Finally decided to install the SSD drive I bought at the start of the year.

Connected it up to a SATA 6GB/s port on the motherboard and was fully well expecting that to be it, but no. This has never happened before, but I got onto the desktop and Windows said it was installing device drivers for my two old drives for some reason, but not the SSD. It finished that and then asked me to restart, so I did. Then I set about trying to get the SSD to be recognised so I plugged the cable into another port on the motherboard, start the computer... "BOOTMGR is missing". WTF. Panic sets in as I haven't backed up every last thing I wanted to yet. Cue loads of shouting and swearing by swapping cables and ports with it still saying BOOTMGR is missing. Then I unplug the DVD drive and secondary HDD and voila, Windows loads and SSD drivers install. Shut down, plug DVD drive and remaining HDD in and we're up and running again. I probably did something wrong a long the line somewhere (all drives are SATA), but I'm too tired to realise/care.

So now I've got one less brand new PC component sat around doing nothing. Next week it's the turn of the 1TB HDD to be installed which has been sat around waiting for two years since I bought it, ready for me to probably go through all of the same crap again, plus reinstalling Windows. I'll let the SSD drive run for the next week or so to make sure there's nothing wrong with it, and then Windows will be installed on it.

Today, I was supposed to go to a math tutor session after school, but it was a flipping zoo so I decided to go home. While I was walking to my truck, the girl I'm quite keen on asked for a ride (which is kind of against the laws of my current license until next year) but I decided it would be alright. While I was driving her home, she got a call from her mom who said we had to go pick up her little brother. Now we were on country roads so I decided to be cool, so I turned off traction control, drove onto the dirt canal bank, floored it and spun the truck around. She was quite impressed by this maneuver, which is surprising. The rest of the drive to her house was cool though, we talked for awhile and it was quite nice. Sorry for writing a novel btw

Today, I was supposed to go to a math tutor session after school, but it was a flipping zoo so I decided to go home. While I was walking to my truck, the girl I'm quite keen on asked for a ride (which is kind of against the laws of my current license until next year) but I decided it would be alright. While I was driving her home, she got a call from her mom who said we had to go pick up her little brother. Now we were on country roads so I decided to be cool, so I turned off traction control, drove onto the dirt canal bank, floored it and spun the truck around. She was quite impressed by this maneuver, which is surprising. The rest of the drive to her house was cool though, we talked for awhile and it was quite nice. Sorry for writing a novel btw

Sort of reminds me of the Top Gear episode when they buy cars they think are suitable for a teenager and when they are at the test track they do a challenge involving a hand-brake turn to try and impress three girls :p

It was my birthday yesterday. I don't know why, but the people at work went all out and put up balloons and banners, they even gave me a card which they had put money in to and I got £55, was quite stunned really. My mum got me an iPad, I'm guessing this is because I seem to use my step-dads iPad a lot when I'm at my mums. My dad got me a super car experience day which allows me to drive four cars; an Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 911 or 996, Lamborghini Gallardo and either a Ferrari 355 or 360.

I said to both of my parents that they really shouldn't have spent so much, I know my mum really wants to upgrade to another Golf and the money spent on the iPad could've gone towards the deposit for getting one before she goes in to hospital for her operation. I had a suspicion my dad would get me an experience day as me and my sister sent him on one for his last birthday which he was both pleased and not so pleased about as he had a thrill ride in an Ariel Atom which he wasn't keen on :p

Ordered some new Bosch wiper blades for the car, plus an oil filter, fuel filter and air filter. Technically it's service is two months overdue in terms of time, but the service indicator in the car says I've got 1400 miles left, so I'll just service it before Winter sets in, probably next weekend.

Then I fear I'm going to need two new tyres. I only really need one as it's only one tyre on the limit, but the other one is looking old and tired despite having loads of tread left on it so I'll get two new ones and put them on the front and the Hankooks on the back as I hate looking at mismatched tyres. I'll probably get two more Hankooks as they're pretty good. Oh, and then I need to tax it as well, I swear Autumn is when this car likes throwing loads of bills at me because it was like this last year :p

I just got woken up! (Don't judge me, I'm a student living my last days of freedom!) by a nice woman on the phone offering me a job interview for tomorrow. So hopefully as it's such short notice there won't be many people going for it.

Only a temporary job but it could become permanent. :)