We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally managed to get the rear brakes done on the car. Had to drill the screw out that holds the one brake disc on as it didn't move an a millimeter the whole time I was trying to get it to budge. Luckily I've got some spares so I put a new one in for the new brake disc. Haven't been out for a drive yet as I only managed to get it all sorted and all the tools cleared away at 9PM last night, but when I reverse the car out the garage and tested the brakes a little there seems to be a lot more bite to them.

For what is essentially an easy job I had to face:

Rounded off locking wheel nuts on both wheels (all four actually so I changed the fronts for standard wheel nuts as well).

Rusted caliper bolts.

Rusted solid brake disc screws.

Rusted solid caliper guide pins.

The bolts/pins that I had to reuse I cleaned up and put copper grease on them to stop them corroding. I probably won't need to do the brakes again, but hopefully whoever has to change them next will find it a lot less annoying than I did.

Got the car cleaned before it rained, it's now safely tucked away in the garage.

Finally decided to have a go at re-installing Windows on my new SSD drive. Took 30 minutes to get Windows 7 to recognise the other new 1TB drive and my old hard drive which I backed up some stuff on and wanted to copy back over, but it seems to be running fine now. Just need to connect up the other old hard drive again so I can copy my music across which will take many, many years.

• 3 weeks later...

Started my Christmas shopping. Still quite a way off finishing, but I've got all the cards, got some gift vouchers, some stuff for my mum and step-dad. Sort of know what to get my dad, but it's expensive so me and my sister are going halves so I'm just waiting for her to respond to my email before I buy it.

Don't know what to get my sister. Even more so I don't know what to get for the person I chose at random to buy a present for as part of the Secret Santa at work which I find the most concerning because I really don't have a clue what to get.

I would be happy if I managed to get all of the shopping done a week before Christmas. I'm usually wrapping stuff up/getting the last few bits and pieces a couple of days before.

Had two Sunday dinners! Well, two small Sunday dinner but still two!

Also decided to go and have a look at a car I might buy. It's only got a 998cc engine but it looks great and sounds awesome too. Just going to have another look at it tomorrow in daylight as by the time I got there today it was dark. If it all looks good then I'll be buying it and paying for a years insurance. :yay:

Just got a new genuine VW windscreen fitted, and unlocked my old Nokia N96 so it can work with Telstra (was locked to 3). Was so easy too, code and instructions were found in 2 minutes online, then after I got in Telstra automatically detected the different phone and sent a special SMS that reconfigured all the packet data settings automatically. I'd forgotten how good a phone this was, until Apple had to start that touchscreen revolution.

Almost finished my work for the first semester of final year at uni, learnt more in the past few weeks by talking to professionals than I did in first two years of uni so I'm fairly pleased with my work so far, better start looking for jobs soon...

Plus I've already bought most of my Christmas presents and it's still miles away by my usual standards (even though I've spent twice as much as I usually would...bleh)

Nearly Died tonight. :D

Nearly. :lol:

Long story short, heavy snow, light car, ABS and a 865 degree spin(on the road thankfully not not a roll), missing a nice stone wall and ending in the opening to a farm or someone driveway. :nods:

Why am i posting that here? Because I'm fine and so is the car!

Another week off work. Wooooo. I like how many times I've said that in the last couple of pages of this thread. Good times.

Christmas shopping almost done now, just a few more bits and pieces to get. Plus a Secret Santa present for work, still don't have a clue what to get for that.

I've started doing commentary videos on YouTube as well. I started off a bit shaky and with dodgy microphone settings, but we're getting there. Thinking of doing a Minecraft series now following the progression of anything I build. First video is uploading as I type this. Shame when I start recording a video I can't think of anything funny to say to keep people entertained, I've usually got loads of funny comments flying around my head when I'm not recording :p

• 2 weeks later...