We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDUFREAK500

How did you fix it?, been having the same exact problem with my G27 for months now!

I think, this problem in most cases comes from wires and connection between them (maybe dust to). Check carefully every shifter wire. Maybe some of them have deviation/bend ? I just unplug 3 wires you see in first photo and change one wire location a little (this one have a little bend). Then i test it and never have gear missing. Hope this helps.

P. S. Read video comments some people fix this problem to. Maybe some information there will be useful for you. Good luck :)

• 4 weeks later...

Can we all use this thread a bit more? The world is very doom and gloom at the moment, it'd be good to celebrate the small happy things in life just as much as we do the big things :D

For example: The weather was awful today, oh noez, but I did enjoy listening to the rain bounce off of the sky-lights at home. I had some great cocktails with my late lunch, I hit my target get fit target thing for the past month.

e4c4fea4cabd126949792f5dc6c5783a321ea8180c795a0556f6573bd8f124c2.jpg

First time having Buffalo? What did you think? :) If you mean Buffalo wings now i'm going to throw something at you.

Buffalo burger :) Absolutely amazing. Like pulled pork (or beef) but better tbh. Soooo tender. How could someone be a vegetarian when buffalo tastes so good?! :panic:

Some actual proper good day stuff. Someone got wind of my CV and rang me for an informal chat about a new job in the area that I want a career in. Sounds much more promising than anything previous. :)

But to cloud it up the clowns that cut the grass in the carpark at work used a leaf blower and blew what seems to be all of the grass in the world onto one side of my car. So I now have a 50% white and 50% green car that makes people sneeze as I drive past them. Only washed it a few days ago. :bmad:

And bacon is so overrated. Unless you spend good money on decent stuff, then it's nice but I'd prefer a Gammon joint any day.

Indeed I could but that's also full of pitfalls. If I park near the trees my cars gets covered in sap and bird crap. Or I could park in the overflow car park and swim to the office and get my doors hit by other peoples car doors again. :(

Could always buy a car cover just for when they cut the grass. :lol:

Have I told you yet that I had a one-hour test drive in the BMW M2 on Friday afternoon? It was great and I was genuinely happy that day, which is something that I had not felt in a long time. Though I spent the night in the hospital due to my dad falling off a bike and injuring himself. :rolleyes:

Your dad sounds like a wise man. :p

Have I told you yet that I had a one-hour test drive in the BMW M2 on Friday afternoon? It was great and I was genuinely happy that day, which is something that I had not felt in a long time. Though I spent the night in the hospital due to my dad falling off a bike and injuring himself. :rolleyes:

How did the M2 live up to expectations? You are a big BMW fan so I guess asking this question might not be all that worthwhile, but if you had the money would you be looking at an M2 for yourself, or a competitor?

Your dad sounds like a wise man. :p

Very wise not wearing a helmet. :wise:

How did the M2 live up to expectations? You are a big BMW fan so I guess asking this question might not be all that worthwhile, but if you had the money would you be looking at an M2 for yourself, or a competitor?

It was sort of what I expected - a totally liveable daily car with some maniac genes hidden in it.

I had not driven an M car before, so unfortunately I can't compare it to anything other than my 135i that I took with me that day. The M2 was in that promo blue color, had a manual gearbox and the optional M Performance exhaust.

The sound is completely wicked for a factory exhaust. It is VERY LOUD with the flaps open, though tame when closed. The piped-in engine sounds suck big time, but with windows down you won't hear anything other than the fully-opened exhaust, hehe. It is a must-have option.

Honestly, it did not feel as fast as others have stated and as I expected. Mine is weaker (326 vs 370 PS, 430 vs 465 Nm), but the thrust, and sensation of acceleration is, surprisingly, on the same level. It pulls noticeably better up top and does not die after 6k rpm as the 135. I definitely do not want more speed and power, though.

The cabin is too dark due to the standard black leather (hate it) and the cheap-looking dry carbon trim. Standard low-tier BMW.

To finally answer your question: the only two other cars I would consider: TT RS and M3 in San Marino Blue. They had this exact spec there and I fell in automotive love.

I'd buy the M2 in a heartbeat because I'm currently 20 (not that like I will in the near future sadly) and like small-ish coupes. I am sure as I grow up I'll be leaving towards more and more to the aforementioned beautiful dark blue M3 with brown leather. :drool:

And by the way... even though the 135i is worse in every objective way... I'd keep it alongside the M2. I can't put my finger on it, it just feels more alive and funky. Yet looks much more understated. Might sound like a cliché, but that's just what I was thinking on my way home.