We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU favourite vehicle?

Sorvik

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Man... after installing that Community patch 1.68b, I had to start all over, and last night I did ALL the time and speed races in one night. I'm still tired lol.

But, my favorites would have to be...

Group G: Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe. If you aren't lucky enough to find one, the Lambo Miura is pretty good too.

Group F: (modded) BMW 135i -or- Audi TT Quattro sport

Group E: Lotus Elise or Nissan Skyline

Group D: (modded) Nissan S14, Aston Martin DB9 Volante (surprisingly good car. Yes, the convertible)

Group C: Lambo Gallardo Spyder, Lotus Exige

Group B: Ford GT, Ascari KZ1, Noble M400

Group A: McLaren F1 GTR

The DB9 Volante (in my opinion) is the best driving Aston.

The Gallardo Spyder is just an evil little car. I never would have tried it, except for that car delivery mission where you have to drive one, and I was like "daaaaamn"

The Lotus Exige is one of the hardest working cars in the game. If you have a twisty-turny race, you might try the Exige. The RUF RTurbo is also a very hard working car, but you need a good wheel to drive it right.

For Group B, I have always liked the Ascari KZ1, once you learn how to feel the car, it will do just about anything you want, very good for long cruises. The Ford GT is surprisingly good, as they usually make all American cars suck in these games by default. I've done Millionaire's and Tour in the GT. The Noble M400 is good for more twisty races.

In Group A, there are a lot of really good cars. The McLaren F1 GTR is the best all around A car in the game. Period. If you don't wanna be just like everyone else in an Enzo, give it a try. I don't even mess with the Saleen S7 (or as I call it "silly-een" S7) because it's just silly and impossible to drive. The K-Eggs are the same, the back end just spontaneously will fly out from under you.

I never use the Maserati MC12, so in my game I've replaced it with the Lotus Evora. I hear a lot of people say the Zondas are hard to drive, but I don't have that much trouble with them. They don't have quite enough acceleration for me, but might be a decent choice on some medium to long races. I've replaced the Edonis in my game with the Veyron, but the Edonis really is an excellent car, and I've driven it in Tour before.

Overall, out of all of them, I would have to say the Gallardo Spyder is my favorite choice. It's just that good. If it's a race where you can bring it out, you can be almost guaranteed to win. I'm seriously thinking about using TDUPE to make the Spyder a Group B in my game, just so I can run it in more races lol :)