We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU keeps freezing during missions or races.

rijnton

Yesterday I bought a (downloadable) copy of TDU and the Megapack from Gamesplanet and could install it without a problem including entering the codes that I received by email. I made an offline profile (for the moment) and could do the introductions, including the first race. A second race could also be done correctly. The game can be started without a dvd btw, so I assume that some kind of NoDVD patch is incorporated.

Today I wanted to continue with a mission (vehicle transport), but halfway the mission I got a freeze. I could do nothing but quitting with Task Manager. I restarted after that, did a little driving and went to the same mission, but again a freeze after a few minutes. Ctrl+Alt+Del and restarting again and tried a race. Again freezing after a few minutes. This really drives me crazy. I thought this would be a perfect game for me, but this way it is only frustration.

What could be the cause of this problem and is there a way to solve it ?

FWIW, my pc has an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and a MSI GTX460 Cyclone OC (1024MB) videocard, so that must be sufficient imo. The videocard doesn't get hotter than around 65*C

I also tried running with the NoDVD patch (backing up the original exe), but the I get a "lost connection" error after a while.

Any help is much appreciated, because I would very much like to play this game.

Thanks in advance.