We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The meaning of life

560BHP

Hey guys, i want to touch on a subject that has been on my mind as of late, and that is the meaning of life. Why were you put on this earth? Why are you fortunate to have the life you have? Also think about how unimportant and fragile 1 life is. Your life could end within this second, and the next 100 years. And would that matter to the rest of the world? No, life would go on in the rest of the world, unless you affected the entire population of the world, wich will not happen. And what happends when you die? Just like falling asleep and not waking up again? Get another life in another place? Reincarnation? I dont know, the thought is one of the scariest you can think. Try sitting down for a good hour and think about this, then leave your thought below.

Peace

Danny

The meaning of life is to live it to it's fullest. You've been given the chance so do something that makes a difference, be it to your own life, your family lives, your friends lives or even a larger group of people.

I went through a pretty weird stage a few months ago when I kept thinking "What was there before I was born?" and then I'd try and think about it, but then I'd trip out for a couple of seconds like I was on some crazy drug so I snapped out of the habit of thinking about that stuff rather sharpish.

I've had some crazy De-Ja-Vu moments, but I wont go in to those in depth because people will probably think I'm better off in a home for the mentally ill.

I don't know, if you were re-incarnated you probably wouldn't remember your past life. If I was re-incarnated I'd want to be a cat because they do bugger all, all day every day, well mine do anyway. Being a ghost would be pretty cool, as long as you weren't torchered to death or had a completely horrible life before hand.

To have lots of sex. :thumbsup:

How does Sponge feel about that? :P

My meaning of life revolves around God. I was put on this Earth to live my life through God, while trying to encourage others to do the same. I was also put on this Earth to enjoy my life, which I have been successful in doing so far :D.

Reincarnation? Nah, I will go to Heaven when I die :).

These are the kind of questions that I spent far too much time thinking about :p

Imo life is what you make it. Your happiness doesn't depend on anything other than your perception of the world. Some people don't need a reason to be happy wheras others have every reason to be happy but aren't.

Maybe life doesn't have a reason, things just happen because they can. Or maybe we're part of some weird experiement, who knows. No-one will ever understand everything so we might aswell just try and enjoy life and experience as much as we can. I'm a strong believer in doing things which feel right rather than doing things because it's expected of me or forced on me. blaa blaa blaa I could go on for days :p

i honestly think life is a series of coincidences where the setting of our existence is shaped by chance and not by us or a higher power. now there are certain people who have knowledge of the future(Nostrdamus)which must mean that there is a sort of blueprint to our existence. im not sure if our existence will ever end((i dont believe in 2012)but there is a big picture we will never see