We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Rabcat 2010 Portfolio shows more TDU2 goodies?

Eudemon

A member here called cadcla has found a very interesting PDF document containing pictures of some of the cars and vehicles we may see coming to TDU2 in the future. As you may know Rabcat do a fair amount of work for the games industry and in fact did a good number of the car modelling for the original TDU. In 2009 they had 'Test Drive Unlimited 2' listed as a current project to which it was then changed to 'Confidential' but as with almost everything on the internet screens were taken before this happened.

Hello to all, in the rabcat site i found this file:

http://www.rabcat.com/Rabcat_Printportfolio2010.pdf

In the page dedicated to TDU you can see rally cars models and models that actually are in the carlist.

Are the Audi quattro S1 , lancia rally 037 and the others future DLC ?

Well as with every new year Rabcat post up their portfolio and work done for the previous year and TDU is mentioned where it looks to actually mean TDU2 due to the showing of the Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Not going to spoil any surprises but check out the PDF yourself and see what it shows. I think you'll like it and it caters to many areas of auto enthusiast!

Rabcat 2010 Portfolio (Page 17 for TDU/2)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RED SOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMGOMGOMG

*repeat OMGOMGOMG here*

*and here*

That is one nice list! Confirms loads of sighints of BADNED too including the Rally Legend as the Quattro, Martini and three as the 037, Escalade as himself and Red Sow as himself.

But the Ford Interceptor, Dragster, C6R and F50 are also welcome additions....

I so hope Atari decides to release these as DLC and not that we're looking at what has been modeled yet removed and not for release....

RED SOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMGOMGOMG

*repeat OMGOMGOMG here*

*and here*

That is one nice list! Confirms loads of sighints of BADNED too including the Rally Legend as the Quattro, Martini and three as the 037, Escalade as himself and Red Sow as himself.

But the Ford Interceptor, Dragster, C6R and F50 are also welcome additions....

I so hope Atari decides to release these as DLC and not that we're looking at what has been modeled yet removed and not for release....

So much for the subtlety of my post then... :lol:

Subtle and understated does not appear in my dictionary :p

The dragster would be awesome to drive around, remember the one in Fuel was only available to race with but not for free roam. I want to see 8 of those getting stuck or taking a hairpin.

maybe they can do thedragster for dlc i saw that they confirmed pink slips drag racing can be a pinkslip event aswell

Subtle and understated does not appear in my dictionary :p

The dragster would be awesome to drive around, remember the one in Fuel was only available to race with but not for free roam. I want to see 8 of those getting stuck or taking a hairpin.

In Fuel you can get the dragster in free-roam using a trick, by entering its race then from there find a friend (or someone you 'met' in the tab along from the Friends one) who's also playing then go to Join Session and it'll take you to them in free-roam while you're still in the dragster. Makes the game glitchy once you reach top speed though.

@Honneamise: I didn't knew you were actually able to reach people in Fuel xD Fuel was an online connection disaster about 100 times worse than TDU1 as far as you want to qualify that game as bad.

What I do find odd though is they've been using the platforms and possible cars of TDU2, with the name, coverart and artworks of TDU1, and all the cars seem to wear the TDU505 plate :p Also, it would be véry early if they already started making TDU2 cars in 2004 (they mentioned 2004-2007)

@Honneamise: I didn't knew you were actually able to reach people in Fuel xD Fuel was an online connection disaster about 100 times worse than TDU1 as far as you want to qualify that game as bad.

What I do find odd though is they've been using the platforms and possible cars of TDU2, with the name, coverart and artworks of TDU1, and all the cars seem to wear the TDU505 plate :p Also, it would be véry early if they already started making TDU2 cars in 2004 (they mentioned 2004-2007)

The production date from 2004 - 2007 must be about TDU1. What I find odd and interesting is the amount of cars on that page that wasn't in TDU1 and wasn't on the official car list of TDU2. :hmmm: Now I'm all interested in what the DLC's will look like.

*waits patiently for 1,572,000 seconds to pass by*

You are correct, more than likely these models were created during TDU's release, however don't forget the rumours about TDU2 coming in 2008. They never came true but that doesn't mean that wasn't the plan as remember the documents about Atari showing they wanted or had a proposal to have TDU2 in 2008 and TDU3 in 2010. :D

However with the things B has been saying it's a little coincidental for what is shown here to be false. Only time will tell though!

Lol, TDU3 proposals in 2010?

But ye, I remember most of his hints and there are many cars in that file filling those empty spots.

Martini and three - Lancia 037

Rally Legend - Audi Quattro

Red Sow - Mercedes 300SEL 6.8

Escalade - Cadillac Escalade

43,655 - Dodge Challenger SRT-8.

Long nose, high wing, who am I - Topfuel Dragster!

unforgettable - Ferrari F50?

WoW!:eek:

P17, says TDU? But none were in TDU! Chance it was cut-DLC? If So hopefully they havent binned the models and just updated

A few cars there that would suit it! F50, lancia 037, quattro, Vetty Z06R, 300 SEL 6.8 AMG, a Drag car, Dodge Challenger concept(Althoug its now a Production car? same for the Camera concept they have!)