We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PoTW: Week 71 Entry

Andreas¹

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;389037']Had to tell you this, as that's a nice pic, but the theme this PoTW is "large luxury sedans." I don't think the Celica qualifies. Sorry.

-Leadfoot

*:fp:'s self* I didn't even notice that.

And remember people, at least 850 pixels wide. (My last reminder was lost in the last post of the last page xD.)

Sorry but it needs to be a luxury sedan.

Current mods for TDU which I can think of are the Jaguar XFR, BMW M5 E60, Merc C63, Merc CLS55 AMG, Cadillac CTS-V, Merc S600, Audi RS4, Audi RS6, etc.

Well, I change my Entry

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Thecnically the Mercedes CLS is a 4 door coupe. All entrys with that car should be DQ'd.

See the problem with the 4 door rule now?

What the CLS is, and what it's marketed as are two completely different things in this case. Mercedes may like to call it a coupe, but this whole 4-door coupe niche is just the brainchild of Mercedes PR team. It has It's called a "fastback" sedan I think.

Andreaz said the CLS is allowed to be entered, and I agree with him :)

Excellent point. Thats like me saying, "what the E class coupe is and what mercedes may like to say say it is, is two completely different things in this case".

wth

This whole argument about what cars allowed in the competition is mute. Allowing the CLS but not the E Coupe based on number of doors, wich wasnt even stated in the first post rules? Its initially the same bodytype and only differs in the ammount of doors, both cars have the 2+2 seating and pretty much equal bodyshape and size.

Audi A7, BMW 5 series GT and the Mercedes CLS, are all categorized and marketed as 4 door coupes. by Audi, BMW and Mercedes, not by me. Since the rules clearly state, Luxury Sedans, allowing the CLS but not the E Coupe would be *insert happy word here*.

Excellent point. Thats like me saying, "what the E class coupe is and what mercedes may like to say say it is, is two completely different things in this case".

wth

This whole argument about what cars allowed in the competition is mute. Allowing the CLS but not the E Coupe based on number of doors, wich wasnt even stated in the first post rules? Its initially the same bodytype and only differs in the ammount of doors, both cars have the 2+2 seating and pretty much equal bodyshape and size.

Audi A7, BMW 5 series GT and the Mercedes CLS, are all categorized and marketed as 4 door coupes. by Audi, BMW and Mercedes, not by me. Since the rules clearly state, Luxury Sedans, allowing the CLS but not the E Coupe would be *insert happy word here*.

I don't know where you come from, but sedans / saloons where I come from means 4 (four) doors.

Regardless on what the bloody make calls it. Mercedes Benz CLS donkeybottom with four doors, it's still a sedan / saloon.

Of course there are 2-door sedans, but do you really really want to get into such technicalities?

EDIT:

"Since the rules clearly state, Luxury Sedans, allowing the CLS but not the E Coupe would be *insert happy word here*."

"Luxury Sedans, allowing the CLS but not the E Coupe would be *insert happy word here*."

"allowing the CLS but not the E Coupe would be *insert happy word here*"

"but not the E Coupe would be"

"the E Coupe would"

"Coupe"

I don't think I can make it any clearer.

Andreaz quoted Killalldude, whose theme this is, earlier in the thread asking him to clarify what he meant by sedan, he replied saying he meant cars with 4 doors. It's up to killlalldude which cars are allowed or disallowed as it's his theme, he's made it clear he only wants luxury cars with 4 doors so if you're not happy about that, simply don't enter, it's your loss.

And please try and cut the attitude, people run this competition in their free time, so the large increase in people moaning at us is hardly going to make us want to continue to give up hours every week.

This is a light hearted competition with no real prize, So I'm not 100% why everyone gets so heated.

Im not really wound up or anything, as we all know, ones tone is hard to tell by a post. And speaking about losses, ive already changed my entry.

To clarify my point, allowing a a CLS in, disregarding that Mercedes themselves calls it a coupe, you should allow a E Coupe in, disregarding that Mercedes calls it a coupe.

Its a fastback, at most. But not a sedan. On wikipedias fastback article, the CLS is there. Wikimedia Error

Im sure mercedes would have called it a sedan if it would be a sedan.