We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PoTW: Week 71 Entry

Andreas¹

Andreaz said the CLS is allowed to be entered, and I agree with him :)

I do too :D

This whole argument about what cars allowed in the competition is mute. Allowing the CLS but not the E Coupe based on number of doors, wich wasnt even stated in the first post rules? Its initially the same bodytype and only differs in the ammount of doors, both cars have the 2+2 seating and pretty much equal bodyshape and size.

So when the time comes when you neeeed a family sedan, you're going to get an E-Class coupe because it's just as practical as an E-Class sedan? Sedans/Saloons have four doors, coupes have two. I've never heard anyone try and claim a two door car to be a sedan until now. :cheeky:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't my point at all. In that quote im comparing the CLS and the E Coupe. As i said in my last post, allowing a a CLS in, disregarding that Mercedes themselves calls it a coupe, you should allow a E Coupe in, disregarding that Mercedes calls it a coupe. (hence, the if the E Coupe cant enter, the CLS shouldnt be allowed either)

I do understand that you people don't get me. Over here a 2 door sedan is called a 2 door sedan, not a coupe. A 2 door 2 seater might be called a coupe on the other hand. This how it works here, and im used to that.

Thats the reason i entered the E Coupe in the first place. However, none of this matters now that killalldude clarified. (still doesent mean i think he is right with the CLS issue)