We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PoTW: Week 71 Entry

Andreas¹

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because a car have two doors it doesn't automatically make it a non-sedan. According to SAE and half the people in the world, that is a sedan.

I think that goes by space. Because the CL is a two-door S-Class, the cavernous interior qualifies it as a "sedan," by technicality. It's why the old Forester was an SUV, not a wagon (the old one, the wagon).

-Leadfoot

A Saloon or a Sedan as you guys over the pond call it usually means it has 4 doors. New terms like 4-door coupe and such have been derived sure but the bare bones of a Saloon car is it has 4 doors and is not a hatchback.

Examples:

BMW 3 series (not coupe), 5 series

Merc C, E and S

Lotus Carlton

Audi A6/7/8, S4/6/8, RS4/6 (not the Avant)

Make sense?

Bah. Here we call anything with 4 seats and the typical sedan trunk, a sedan. Usually the case in most countries besides UK/US. But whatever. Ill change my entry.

Diablo, funny that you mentioned the Mercedes E in your list. (since my entry is the E Class) :P

No yours is an E Class Coupe. Not just an E Class which is a saloon. (I hate the word sedan!)

I like saying saloon as well lol.

I keep watching too much Top Gear, so every word I see that is pronounced differently, I say it differently. For instance, if I see the word "chassis", some people here pronounce it ka-siss, but the way I say it is shah-see like Hamster does. :cool:

I keep watching too much Top Gear, so every word I see that is pronounced differently, I say it differently. For instance, if I see the word "chassis", some people here pronounce it ka-siss, but the way I say it is shah-see like Hamster does. :cool:

Lol me too. Now I have a bad habit of saying "zed" instead of "zee" for the letter "z" :p

850px wide rule still isn't there... I won't change my entry till it's fixed - why would I change my photo if isn't against rules?

Why? Because if you don't and do win then your picture will not be put in the banner because it won't fit. That's why. It's that easy. :rolleyes:

Scoob - just a heads up for you: I know we don't have a rule about height of the pictures but I don't think 200 pixels will be big enough for the banner. ;)

850px wide rule still isn't there... I won't change my entry till it's fixed - why would I change my photo if isn't against rules?

Staff here do have those things that exist away from this forum, I believe it's called a life. Things can't be done instantly just so it suits you. You've been told that the rules will be changed to 850 so why be so pedantic? :rolleyes:

Guys it isn't about me, it's about new people to this thread.

Someone could just check the first post and upload a photo which isn't against rules (and there was a '800x***px' rule) without checking other posts. And then he could be DQ'd in Vote thread and think 'What? My photo wasn't against rules'.

I just wanted to 'poke' you guys to change this.

BTW Changing one sign in the post last about 10 sec, just tested that out with a clock in my hand. I also have personal life, just like everybody.