We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey's TDU2 Preview Extravaganza!

Eudemon

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey there, I've just received wind of a nice little preview by none other than the King of Swing Modding, the man who made it all possible for the most part and the man who you know as Djey was lucky enough to get to preview TDU2 at an event in Paris. It's of course in French so the use of an online translator or a French speaking Walrus is beneficial.

Enjoy and if anyone can translate this it would be greatly appreciated. I'll check and see if they will allow us to post a translated version first though of course.

Djey's TDU2 Preview in Paris Pt 1(French)

Djey's TDU2 Preview in Paris Pt 2 (French)

English Translation provided by ofisch all

Part 1

Here's a quick translation I made yesterday. It starts from the last picture, as the beginning of the interview gives less details on the game itself, and I wanted to post this as early as possible,everything should be there!

Djey feel free to change anything if you think I misquote you! If you don't mind I'll do the second part when it's out! So here you go:

'' Big points of that little interview:

·

Licenses for car models were acquired early in the game development; speaking of the Lamborghini case, hard to swallow for enthusiasts. It's been a hard choice for the studio too, but business is business: Lamborghini were not cheap for only a couple a models, and Ferrari had a lot more to offer for the same price.

·

For PC, the studio took great care to make sure the game fluidity and detail level would be good, even with a less up-to-date machine. A 3 years old machine will make it run with most details- as it was already proven on the beta. But I have to say that at the highest detail level setting, with all the effects it has to show, and with a field of vision showing far far away, it will be a challenge even for the most advanced machines.

· Other PC info: the multi-screen mode has been reworked, it is said to be working fine. We’ll see on D-day!

·

The clutch control for wheel setup is not ready and will be fixed by a soon-to-come patch

·

The studio want feedback more than ever from the players, all of you!

Time flies...now with the show, start your engines!

TDU2: as clean as it can get!

The PC version with be the reference today. Nothing less to show off the best graphics. Nice! Alain Jarniou is the mc and, xbox pad in hand, will guide us into Ibiza!

So, what have I saw?

Went thru the city in the Q7, Dance music as loud as it can, and then to countryside driving school to pass a licence in a range rover, licence which will unlock new 4x4’s and more challenges.

Then, back on tarmac, we drop at Ferrari’s, in time to have a look on those shiny red beauties. Olivier Raffard then takes the opportunity to show the new first-person side of the game.

Purchases made, time to hit the road! Smoking start as soon as we’re out with the two Ferraris getting into an instant duel! The big difference with TDU1 is the race paths that are created automatically instead of being one player’s choice. That way it can propose paths that are totally unknown to both racers. That way, you can take revenges after revenges and still go all around the island. That was developed from TDU1 player’s feedback.

To complete the challenge sightseeing tour, we saw the famous lobby, waiting room for online racers, but most of all, home of the circuit creator which is simple to use: place markers, make the rules and it’s ready to play online.

Here is something that the most active players will appreciate: from the map, simply press Y (or triangle on PS3) to join a ranked game.

About the clubs, which is something that players are really looking forward to: they are globally rated from inter-club challenges results. First, a visit in the club’s garage where members can get into their club’s exclusive cars. At first they are hidden as players will have to spend their paycheck to get them out on the road with fellow members. (Good news: each of these cars can be driven by more than one member at a time, no fight!)

Recruiting will be done two ways: open (you apply and cross your fingers) or closed (on member’s invitation).

To close the presentation, we are at the docks, in front of a yacht...what will happen? Alain shows us his mansion...laughs in the audience...the back deck opens up and the car gets in!

The yacht is simply the ultimate house in the game, like TDU2’s symbol. The garage is worth all the comparisons, where large portholes allow to take a look at the bottom of the sea through clear blue water. A dream.

In the back, a Citroen 2CV, with its unique style to remember for our motherland instead of its performances (18 HP, about 58 m\h max...)But, unlike the Audi TT-RS Roadster, she can stand topless; unfortunately with no animation- but who would have wanted to see the poor guy get out of the car to roll that thing?!

End of the presentation, but it’s not over yet!

To be continued!

Thanks Djey! Congrats on the invite (and thanks for your... other help with the game)! Can't believe you guys saw a Scud. :eek:

Although I have a pic of some Walrusses (< is that right?) above this screen, they do not speak French :(

Even when your Walrusses desert you ( :oook: ), Google is your friend. :cheeky:

-Leadfoot

Multiscreen support also implemented I understand?

Not sure they would integrate that. Isn't that typically handled by TH2G, sofTH, Eyefinity, or whatever external program is in effect? That's how it worked for all my dual- and triple-monitor gaming, and I have yet to come across a game that natively supports my two monitors.

-Leadfoot

If 3 screen set up is not supported by the game, the screen appears stretched and distorted I believe, as some complained during the testing period.

What does it mean then?

petite info croustillante, sur PC toujours, le multi écran a été bossé, et est maintenant correctement géré.

Wow nice :)

Does he mention on that interview that the clutch pedal will basically work very bad until a patch comes out?!?

:eek:

yes exactly

Translated on english:

management of the clutch is not focused on steering wheels and pedals and will be completely redesigned for next patch

What does this mean, will there be gear delay because of clutch?

It currently behaves a bit more like a button (on/off) rather than using the whole slider (which is what the clutch pedal typically is). The clutch in game works but it'll often slow you down, better/worse in some cars. You'd probably best off using sequential or auto until said patch arrives.

Hi, thanks all for your comments ;)

And yes, I just had one of the best videogame-related-event of my life !

Basically, the clutch is working like a button as said earlier and should be fixed by a patch after release. At the time of January the 18th, game copies had been sealed for a while.

And multiscreen has been fixed for proper scaling with such wide resolutions.

Feel free to post a translation here, sorry I can't make one as I have more things to do :

cecond part coming before the week end :D

For those who did'nt read it because it's in french:

Here's a quick translation I made yesterday. It starts from the last picture, as the beginning of the interview gives less details on the game itself, and I wanted to post this as early as possible,everything should be there!

Djey feel free to change anything if you think I misquote you! If you don't mind I'll do the second part when it's out! So here you go:

'' Big points of that little interview:

·

Licenses for car models were acquired early in the game development; speaking of the Lamborghini case, hard to swallow for enthusiasts. It's been a hard choice for the studio too, but business is business: Lamborghini were not cheap for only a couple a models, and Ferrari had a lot more to offer for the same price.

·

For PC, the studio took great care to make sure the game fluidity and detail level would be good, even with a less up-to-date machine. A 3 years old machine will make it run with most details- as it was already proven on the beta. But I have to say that at the highest detail level setting, with all the effects it has to show, and with a field of vision showing far far away, it will be a challenge even for the most advanced machines.

· Other PC info: the multi-screen mode has been reworked, it is said to be working fine. We’ll see on D-day!

·

The clutch control for wheel setup is not ready and will be fixed by a soon-to-come patch

·

The studio want feedback more than ever from the players, all of you!

Time flies...now with the show, start your engines!

TDU2: as clean as it can get!

The PC version with be the reference today. Nothing less to show off the best graphics. Nice! Alain Jarniou is the mc and, xbox pad in hand, will guide us into Ibiza!

So, what have I saw?

Went thru the city in the Q7, Dance music as loud as it can, and then to countryside driving school to pass a licence in a range rover, licence which will unlock new 4x4’s and more challenges.

Then, back on tarmac, we drop at Ferrari’s, in time to have a look on those shiny red beauties. Olivier Raffard then takes the opportunity to show the new first-person side of the game.

Purchases made, time to hit the road! Smoking start as soon as we’re out with the two Ferraris getting into an instant duel! The big difference with TDU1 is the race paths that are created automatically instead of being one player’s choice. That way it can propose paths that are totally unknown to both racers. That way, you can take revenges after revenges and still go all around the island. That was developed from TDU1 player’s feedback.

To complete the challenge sightseeing tour, we saw the famous lobby, waiting room for online racers, but most of all, home of the circuit creator which is simple to use: place markers, make the rules and it’s ready to play online.

Here is something that the most active players will appreciate: from the map, simply press Y (or triangle on PS3) to join a ranked game.

About the clubs, which is something that players are really looking forward to: they are globally rated from inter-club challenges results. First, a visit in the club’s garage where members can get into their club’s exclusive cars. At first they are hidden as players will have to spend their paycheck to get them out on the road with fellow members. (Good news: each of these cars can be driven by more than one member at a time, no fight!)

Recruiting will be done two ways: open (you apply and cross your fingers) or closed (on member’s invitation).

To close the presentation, we are at the docks, in front of a yacht...what will happen? Alain shows us his mansion...laughs in the audience...the back deck opens up and the car gets in!

The yacht is simply the ultimate house in the game, like TDU2’s symbol. The garage is worth all the comparisons, where large portholes allow to take a look at the bottom of the sea through clear blue water. A dream.

In the back, a Citroen 2CV, with its unique style to remember for our motherland instead of its performances (18 HP, about 58 m\h max...)But, unlike the Audi TT-RS Roadster, she can stand topless; unfortunately with no animation- but who would have wanted to see the poor guy get out of the car to roll that thing?!

End of the presentation, but it’s not over yet!

To be continued!

Pretty good translation, just to correct the fact that "à l'instar" word means 'like', not 'unlike'

(concerning paragraph about topless 2CV).

When you say cars are hidden in club garage, they are visible but under a large bedsheet.

Anything about the clutch on the console versions?
I can't really tell about it, given that no wheel was there to test drive... since clutch is only available when a wheel is plugged, I can assume the issues are the same under every platform. To be confirmed.

Pretty good translation, just to correct the fact that "à l'instar" word means 'like', not 'unlike'

(concerning paragraph about topless 2CV).

When you say cars are hidden in club garage, they are visible but under a large bedsheet.

I can't really tell about it, given that no wheel was there to test drive... since clutch is only available when a wheel is plugged, I can assume the issues are the same under every platform. To be confirmed.

T'as bien raison, je suis peut-être allé un peu vite! on attend la deuxième partie!