We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car physics

Yawnald

Hey guys, I have a question. Have they fixed the physics that were present in the beta? I was a beta member, and I was VERY disappointed with how the cars behaved. TDU1 was miles ahead in the physics department.:( I've been permanently banned from the official forums for stating my concerns and asking this question, so I though I'd come ask you guys.:)

I don't want to give up hope, as TDU1 was one of my favorite games of all time. I just hope they've fixed it.:(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The physics are pretty awful if I'm honest, they can be tweaked to make the game easier to play (if there is a need) but they are still pretty random. Drifting is... odd, any attempt counter steer seems to lead into a lot of weaving and the best way I have found out of a drift so far is power and praying there is space. I imagine though there is a knack to it, which hopefully I'll pick up.

I imagine though there is a knack to it, which hopefully I'll pick up.

If there is, I'll let you know! :D

After seeing the VVV videos and a few other videos of supposedly the full retail game, I highly doubt that drifiting will be anywhere near as popular as it was on TDU(1).

Shame really..

But atleast no "drift monkeys" will be able to annoy Diab anymore!:D

Great. The complaints are rolling in. I can't believe eden has messed up so badly. I feel like a chump for pre-ordering on steam. Eden, you IDIOTS!

You can always cancel the order?

I bet all these little things will be long forgotten when you are sat behind the wheel of your very own Lancia (or whatever) and get ready to take on the island. Everything long forgotten except the physics, which will be biting you in the ass until you learn how to exploit it correctly. :P

While playing this on the PC with a G25, all i gotta say is horrible horrible handling... Clutch doesn't work porperly, the cars have no shockbreakers that i can notice, drifting as said before is almost impossible, braking feels like you press full brake all the time when you just gently tab the brake resulting in uncontrolable braking in corners.

I not getting this game for now, hopefully Eden will patch this... im not expecting much, theres just too much to fix in this department.

The game itself is decent.. graphics look nice and a nice presentation of stuff, but thats not what a racing game is about. Its a shame though, i was really hyped about this game. I remember a dev saying in an interview how much time they spend on the physics of this game... yea right.

Told you so.

Haha! That's my name on the official forums! After being banned several times for warning people, I had to go back and say it.

They're pruning and sensoring posts that question the physics over there now. It's a laugh... Thanks Eden and Atari! You have my money! I won't be fooled so easily again.