We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Superfan Showdown Voting begins!

Eudemon

The voting for the TDU2 Superfan Showdown contest has begun. Ranging from simple artwork to full blown video production there's something you will like for sure. So have a look at the entries and then vote for your favourite.

Good luck to our very own Ryzza with his entry!

Superfan Showdown | Test Drive Unlimited 2 Official Website

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like they're giving away $10,000 or something - just a graphics card and a copy of TDU2. So whats up with the whole "over 18" thing? Damn rules. :cheeky:

Voted Ryzza, but noticed some other interesting entries. Someone even wrote a short story! Not the best, but they did try. Also, S7ING3R entered, apparently (final entry), though I'm not sure he actually intended it to be an entry in the Superfan contest.

-Leadfoot

Cool thanks Diablo & everyone. Not sure why they used our real names instead of Gamer IDs (mine is "TDU2 SUPERFAN TRAILER" by Ryan Richter).

Looks like a lot of video entries didn't make it in due to copyright issues (if you search YouTube you'll find more than the two available to vote for).

I don't wanna offend anyone, but frankly almost all of the entries are pretty disappointing except Ryzza's and maybe Obi's (the one with a big '2' on the thumbnail). If I'm not mistaking (9 minutes is just too long for the trailer) S71NG3R just put several trailers together without any editing.

Too bad Ryzza didn't have any decent competition here. Truly the best, but favorites don't win always...;)

I don't wanna offend anyone, but frankly almost all of the entries are pretty disappointing [...]

I second that. Ryzza's video is the best entry (nicely mounted) but - and it's a big 'but' - music he used is really bad imo. I had to turn my speakers off after 20 sec of watching the video, it was so bad.

...and maybe Obi's (the one with a big '2' on the thumbnail)...

Hadn't seen that one. It is pretty good, though he uses beta footage (which I'm not sure is allowed). And if you're going to use the beta, you can do a helluva lot better than that. ;)

I like the trailer format that guy used though, fast paced and building music. Sloppy cuts and cheesy beginning, but still. :)

-Leadfoot

I second that. Ryzza's video is the best entry (nicely mounted) but - and it's a big 'but' - music he used is really bad imo. I had to turn my speakers off after 20 sec of watching the video, it was so bad.

Thanks. I don't mind if you don't like the music, but it really that awful for something I had to make myself? Who and Andreas reckoned it was alright ;)

That was pretty good, music was chilled yet had pace to it in places. Showing the different subjects and splicing in the trailer sequences was well done and the end with all the parts showing with 'Unlimited' at the end was sweet. Really liked that.

Good work!

you should have changed that last bit to put the date on, given you've just committed heresy by using the s word on your video :p

also, fair do's on the music, what sequencer did you use?

I've been putting that trailer on repeat today because that is exactly the type of music I like. xD :leaves:

Ryzza5 was the best edited trailer and you can tell spent the most time making it. A very worthy winner in my book.

I agree mine was trailers put together but there was some editing and thought put into it. The trailer is about catching the emotion of TDU2. I would have put more text in the youtube vid if I knew they were not going to include the description we all wrote about our work.