We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Physics, think before you rage post.

Upstairs Chris

Listen, this isn't a thread about bashing those who have a problem with the car handling dynamics. To each his own. However, I been seeing some posts around that are just blind rage posts. It's clearly obvious that these physics are a bit different. With that said, I've made some adjustments and frankly, I think its wonderful now. A whole lot better than the mandatory sideways drift for ever corner that NFS series imposes on you, that's garbage.

Go into the options and go under the controls, the third tab over says "Wheel configuration". It's okay if you didn't tweak these at first, its not logically inferred that these settings effect controller play as well. They do make a world of difference though.

I have mine set up like this.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/ghostofchesty/IMAG0172.jpg

You don't have to set it up this way, but I found this is the best. Tweak to your liking obviously. With the settings like this, it takes out the massive oversensitivity that the game starts you out in. Also, the brake linearity allows just a tiny dab of braking, instead of full blown brake test levels like the game starts you off with.

This set up has made my driving far, far more enjoyable, I even get in a little drift action now.

So please use this as a baseline, and tune to your personal preferences.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Edit: I only use a controller, using these settings with a wheel is your own endeavor.

P.s. nice TV!!

Thanks I bought it two days ago. Super satisfied with my purchase. Its a 50" Panasonic Viera TC-P50G20.

Well that is quite obvious that the first thing to do would be to check the settings. But settings =/= physics. They just mess around with the handling to make it less twitchy but still twitchy enough to feel like you're driving a mad cow.

If you can't tell a difference from these settings and the game default's, then I highly doubt your in any position to critique physics. Obviously game control settings aren't going to recode the physics engine, but it makes it 10 times better.

]I feel I would appreciate it more if my wheel worked with my game.

Sorry to hear that, what kind of wheel do you have? I was on the fence between a new TVor a fanatec wheel. Glad I went with the TV now.

Thanks I bought it two days ago. Super satisfied with my purchase. Its a 50" Panasonic Viera TC-P50G20.

If you can't tell a difference from these settings and the game default's, then I highly doubt your in any position to critique physics. Obviously game control settings aren't going to recode the physics engine, but it makes it 10 times better.

Sorry to hear that, what kind of wheel do you have? I was on the fence between a new TVor a fanatec wheel. Glad I went with the TV now.

You've misread my post. Settings are not physics, while physics are abysmal, the settings can be changed to be somewhat less of the fecal matter, while still being quite bad.

I can critique physics because regardless of the settings of the SENSITIVITY OF HANDLING, the physics remain the same.

What we are doing is not really raging.. it just that the car controls are so bad i cant remember a racing game thats this bad when simply trying to take a corner.. even need for speed world feels better and that doesnt even support racing wheels fully.. Even more so these points are pointed out in the beta and Eden fails to do anything about it. So the community has "thought" enough about thiese physics.

I think most of us are intitled to rage about this if we feel the need to do so.

I think everyone has to fiddle with the settings a bit.

As it's totally subjective and there's no 'for-all' solution.

Oh, and overall , just play in normal or sport mode, not hardcore. A patch will come for that.

Clearly, default settings are good for a xbox gamepad, not a wheel.

This is the first thing i've done before even driving the First car (ferrari).

And i couldn't get something good for my G27.

I've not canceled my preorder, because i was too late ( ^^ ), but from testing it a little at a "friends house", i must say that i really liked it, but the driving don't feel good at all for my G27.

So i hope that there will be a good patch for that, and, i will test your settings Upstairs Chris, we never know...

:bunny:

THANK YOU! The first thing I did was mess with my settings and now after tweaking them a tad more it is perfect. I have no handling issues at all and think it's a vast improvement on TDU1. There are countless people on the official forums complaining about the handling and I have a feeling none of them touched the wheel config. It really makes a massive difference.

THANK YOU! The first thing I did was mess with my settings and now after tweaking them a tad more it is perfect. I have no handling issues at all and think it's a vast improvement on TDU1. There are countless people on the official forums complaining about the handling and I have a feeling none of them touched the wheel config. It really makes a massive difference.

Your welcome. I am glad you appreciate it. Its still arcade physics but it's a major improvement on the handling. I personally and very happy with the handling dynamics after I changed these. Now, if they would only hurry up with that hardcore mode:D

The official forums are a disaster area, especially now. I've seen GMDestra close and re open xbox 360 bug threads three times now! So many kids are going in there and just ripping eden a new one over the silly things like "OMG MaI mustanG!! oNLY hAS onE EXHAUSTttt PiP3", while a select few like me are trying to actually report serious bugs. I found it best by just tweeting him directly from my xbox. That place is crazy, at least its civil over here.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

These settings have helped me a lot, thanks!

The game doesn't seem to like my wheel though, a Logitech Driving Force EX, it detects it as a keyboard.

The steering linearity is totally screwed up, and there's no way of adjusting it. E.g. I have to turn the wheel much more in real life than the wheel in-game turns, then suddenly the in-game wheel goes to full lock.

I also still can't remap 'pan right' for the avatar controls, even though I reported that bug in the beta! :mad:

But that's beside the point, good work on figuring out the wheel settings! I hope I can use them properly soon.

I haven't had much time to play the game since Play.com delivered it on Saturday and I've been out most of the time since then but I can honestly say I didn't think the physics were too bad from the start. I haven't touched the control settings yet besides telling the game I have a Logitech G25 and the physics/handling don't seem that bad really. The Golf GTI is a bit weird but I've found that if I use more than a certain amout of steering angle the back end will step out but it's perfectly controllable with a step on the loud pedal and some opposite lock.

I'm using the H-Shifting but without the Clutch, the funny thing is I still keep pressing the Clutch when I come to a stop thinking I have to do it to make sure the car doesn't stall. I also keep pressing it to change gear some times when I obviously never need to but I guess I should keep the rythm going for when the Clutch does work properly :p

This is the thing though really. I wasn't expecting a simulation game and now the game's out I'm hardly disappointed in the driving dynamics at all. I think some people were expecting realism to the likes of rFactor or Gran Turismo 5 or something and they ended up with something arcadey which is why a lot of people aren't happy.