We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Racer_S: TrackIR and Camera Hack v1.3

Racer_S

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how it can work for some and doesn't for others. Is there anything extra you did that it works for you? Can you give some detailes like operating system and stuff?

It works well for me now, after a lot of time...

What I did, don't know if everything is important:

-Start TDU2

-Minimize

-Open tdu2cam as administrator

And enjoy!

@Racer_S

thank´s a lot

i prefer the hood camera but annoyingly its in the middle of the car. Now thank´s to you i can put it on the wheel side.

I'm wondering, is there a chance you can get rid of the camera moving around in cockpit view ?

bdw first post :D

temporary solution for the cockpit camera moving around is to switch to bonnet view and move the camera inside the car for a cockpit view, takes a bit of time but it will stop the camera from moving

I am working on an update to solve issues with WinXP and adding ability to save custom cameras. Also new version will automatically ask for administrator rights (UAC dialog will pop)

Its taking a bit longer than usual because I started this project from scratch. Also I'm using managed C++ which seems to have more issues than C# :o

temporary solution for the cockpit camera moving around is to switch to bonnet view and move the camera inside the car for a cockpit view, takes a bit of time but it will stop the camera from moving

yea, i tried that and it works. But i notice that the cockpit camera has an different focal length then the bonnet camera, so you cant really see the speedo or the rev meter.

I am working on an update to solve issues with WinXP and adding ability to save custom cameras. Also new version will automatically ask for administrator rights (UAC dialog will pop)

Its taking a bit longer than usual because I started this project from scratch. Also I'm using managed C++ which seems to have more issues than C# :o

Thanks mate, we really apreciate your effort

Yeah, I'm using xp to so can't wait. Really apreciate your work, thanx.

Had to sign up here just to thank for this great program(seeing as the Devs seem to have felt the need to remove the options the previous one had) and to ask if you had any plans on adding TrackIR support like you had done with Shift?(again a big thank you for that one too)

A combined mod like the one you had done for Shift would be perfect. Thanks again for your work.

v1.2 is up!

o5n915.jpg

Changes

2/26/11 v1.2

Added TrackIR support

Added save feature

-each car can have its own setting or you can make them all the same

-cameras are saved to tdu2cam.sav file when the window is closed

-do not reload the camera hack unless you reload TDU2 first

Added option to disable SteerLook

Now works only for interior cams

Fixed WinXP issues

Automatically asks for admin rights if UAC is enabled on Win7

Download TDU2 Camera Hack v1.2

By the way, I tested this using just my webcam and FaceTrackNoIR its a pretty neat app and if you have a webcam and a face, its definitely worth checking out. Although TrackIR has a lot faster response time, this works good enough for me and best part is its free and no headgear required! !