We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Racer_S: TrackIR and Camera Hack v1.3

Racer_S

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up.

I gave in and tried out the camera hack online together with my TrackIR 5 setup and it works flawlessly. At first I had some lag but that was corrected after restarting the TrackIR5 Program which didn't seem to be running properly.

I can confirm this works online for the moment, however I probably won't use it after the next patch is out which fixes the money hack and the camera hack could potentially be picked up as a similar hack by the server, after this patch is implemented.

Am i the only one that doesn't know what TrackIR is....?

From Wikipedia

TrackIR is an optical motion tracking game controller for Microsoft Windows, created by Natural Point Inc. that tracks head motions with up to six degress of freedom (6DOF) in later models, allowing handsfree view control for improved game immersiveness and situational awareness. Head position and orientation are measured by a purpose-built video camera, mounted on top of the user's monitor, which observes invisible infrared (IR) light (hence the name) reflected or emitted by markers on a rigid model worn by the user. TrackIR software is used to access and control the camera, as well as adjust tracking and manage game profiles. The ratio of actual head movement to virtual head movement can be changed, allowing the virtual head to turn 180 degrees whilst the user still looks at the monitor.

TrackIR :: head tracking view control immersion for flight racing and action simulator :: TrackIR :: Premium head tracking for gaming

I hope this answers your question. ;)

v1.3 is up!

28tuip5.jpg

3/9/11 v1.3

Fixed angle problems

Fixed CarID problems

Fixed problems with Disable SteerLook unchecked

Added Disable HeadMove (stops gforce effects in cockpit camera except when crashing)

Added Use Limits (forces limits with TrackIR, 90 degrees angle and 0.05 translate)

Added Yaw, Pitch hotkeys

Added ability to adjust FOV

Now works with external cameras again (fov adjustments and saving apply)

Camera now moves with time rather than frames

Sped up camera movement slightly

Save file was shrunk (delete your old on if you still have it)

Original camera settings are restored after program is closed or car/camera is changed

Uses less memory

Added game info text

Download TDU2CAM v1.3

Love new camera tool, but there is one thing that annoys me a lot in new version, look back view now is... not a look back anymore, it's centered camera pointed to rear view mirror!

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Please change it back to default view.

-----

Another thing that is "broken" since version 1.2 I think (or 1.1) it the bumper camera on which car parts are visible:

front:

look back (broken again):

Could you please fix both problems?

Cheers!

edit:

Actually thanks to yaw option I managed to set perfect look back camera I want :) But still the mirror look back is bad IMHO.

Fixed my error by downloading the latest Direct X :)

Thanks for the awesome work Racer_S! Love all of your hacks! :p

Found some problem when you use the look behind button in 3 of the views:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/maxilive/bug-4.jpg

This one is fine, these not so much:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/maxilive/bug-3.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/maxilive/bug-2.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/maxilive/bug-1.jpg

All those were taken while I was trying to look behind my car using default views :)

Thanks guys, I think I've got all the issues nailed down now..

1.3.1 is now available at the same link

3/9/11 v1.3.1

Fixed player missing head with external views

Fixed issues with Bumper Cam

Fixed issues with Look Back button

Improved TrackIR performance slightly

TrackIR stuff is now only enabled in Bonnet or Cockpit view

Increased scroll bar max value to 30

Also I've fixed the TrackIR Limits , forgot to put that in there.

Download TDU2CAM v1.3.1

let me know if you find any more gotcha's, I cant fix them unless you tell me!

going to finish working on my NFS Hot Pursuit mod now :)

I've been instinctively pressing the D-PAD buttons on my G25 to look left/right and keep turning the stupid radio on.... It's a concrete mixer, AND a crossword puzzle generator!... so despite being labelled a cheater and other nasty things on the TDU2 forums (even though I haven't used it yet)... I'm gonna give it a go tonight I reckon. :p

@Racer_S

i´m curious, is it possible to ad a small mirror in the hood or in the bumper view ?

and also, i would like to change keyboard setting´s. I always switch on the indicator while set camera position :D

but so far, very good work, thx

bdw, i made a small donation on you homepage. I hope it´s reach you and not someone else

There is something wrong in latest version 1.31.

When I switch to my custom interior view I seee default for 0.5s then it changes to my custom one, also steering response has lag. I didn't have it on 1.30 version.

And as I mentioned, please give us an option to save hood camera as well. I use it to mvoe back to interior for most of the cars to have proper wheel height.

Could this be done?

There is something wrong in latest version 1.31.

When I switch to my custom interior view I seee default for 0.5s then it changes to my custom one, also steering response has lag. I didn't have it on 1.30 version.

And as I mentioned, please give us an option to save hood camera as well. I use it to mvoe back to interior for most of the cars to have proper wheel height.

Could this be done?

the delay (100ms) for the camera switch is intended because it saves cpu cycles for TrackIR updates.

for steering lag, try setting the tdu2cam.exe priority to Normal in task manager. Version 1.3.1 sets to Above Normal by default, this may be the reason if you're on an older PC.

The Hood camera settings should save just as other cams. If you mean its not saving for other cars, then you must use numpad 7 to apply to all cars.

@Veno, I never got any donation.. to donate, use the Donate button on my 'news' page under Recommended Sites.

the delay (100ms) for the camera switch is intended because it saves cpu cycles for TrackIR updates.

for steering lag, try setting the tdu2cam.exe priority to Normal in task manager. Version 1.3.1 sets to Above Normal by default, this may be the reason if you're on an older PC.

The Hood camera settings should save just as other cams. If you mean its not saving for other cars, then you must use numpad 7 to apply to all cars.

@Veno, I never got any donation.. to donate, use the Donate button on my 'news' page under Recommended Sites.

Thanks for reply mate!

I will give it a go once again with saving camera and I'll come back to you :)

edit:

Priority trick did the job I set tdu2cam.exe back to normal and steering lag was gone :)

But save for "hood" camera doesn't work :(

This is my edited Koenigsegg interior camera:

This is my edited Koenigsegg hood camera moved back to interior. I use it because steering wheel height is proper then :) You can also see tachometer from "hood view".

I saved both using NUM7.

Then I selected DBS, changed it cameras (hood camera was wrong, obviously using Koenigsegg settings) and saved

Then I selected Pagani, changed it cameras (hood camera was wrong again using my DBS changes) and saved.

Then I came back to Koenigsegg and while my interior camera was good, my edited hood camera inside the cockpit was wrong and looked like this:

Am I doing something wrong?

Saving interior camera works fine, I can use different settings for different cars and they always work.

But when I try to use different settings for hood camera they are always same for all cars which means I have to change them each time I change car.

Cheers mate, you're doing awesome job with this mod, I always appreciate when someone is doing mods for others fixing what developers didn't! :)

its on the the tdu2cam under game info

Ok that's weird now... it works fine!

I just loaded game, my first car was Pagani with edited hood view, I changed to Koenigsegg and hood camera was fine (my edited one from screens above), I changed to Veyron, edited camera and changed back to Koenigsegg and it was fine again.

I didn't use NUM7 save button - maybe that's the key? - Can confirm that. I've managed to change the hood view as I want for all cars without pressing NUM7 and it's working brilliant!

Anyway:

Pagani's CarID 413

Koenigsegg's 383

Veyron's 353

View ID's for all: 24 (hood), 23 (interior)

P.S. You removed camera shakes in interior view, could you do the same for hood view please?

I, and probably many more people, drive on hood view moved back into the car and it would be nice to have it smooth without annoying speedshakes, it's not too good for eyes.

Many thanks for you hard work matey!

Good to hear, maybe something got messed up in the time is was running and it just needed a fresh start.

The camera shakes should be disabled in both interior view and hood view if its checked.

I do have another update planned, after a bit of work I got the TrackIR stuff to work really smooth now, it was a bit jittery before and I've cured it using threads like the one I made for NFS SHIFT. Just trying to get any other gremlins gone before the next release, I really want to put this one to bed.